It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas man shoots neighbors dogs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This story and the image of these poor dogs has been bothering me all day. I will post a link to the story, but won't re-post these graphic pictures as I don't want to chance putting these horrible images in anyone else's mind, especially kids that may see this.

Source

www.nydailynews.com/news/national/texas-man-claims-kill-neighbor-dogs-posts-photos-article-1.2129989

Texas volunteer firefighter Tim Conatser bragged in a graphic Facebook post about allegedly killing a neighbor's dogs.
KIMBERLY JONES VIA FACEBOOK
Texas volunteer firefighter Tim Conatser bragged in a graphic Facebook post about allegedly killing a neighbor's dogs.
A Texas volunteer firefighter was suspended from the squad after he took to Facebook to callously boast about killing his neighbor’s Labrador retrievers.

Hunt County officials are investigating the incident after Tim Conatser uploaded a disturbing photo showing two bleeding dogs, apparently shot to death and splayed across a slushy yard, with the caption, "Somebody didn't put any truth my warning. Keep your damn dogs on your property," CBS Dallas-Fort Worth reported.

When I first read about this there was no mention of the dogs being in his barn bothering his cow, but that is now what one of this guys friends is saying , so who knows? No statement yet from Tim Conatser that I have seen. I personally don't care if the dogs were bothering his cow, he is a total scumbag ! His disgusting FB post says he warned the dogs owner, however the owner of the dogs deny this claim. He also did not shoot the dogs on his property and apparently hunted the dogs down to kill them !!!

You would think someone who works as a public servant would have the sense to work this out with his neighbor or call animal control. The saddest part is he may very well get away with this if he can prove the dogs were a threat to his cow. Even he had a legal right to shoot the dogs perhaps I think this man is a horrible human being !!

edit on 27-2-2015 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

link to source please

Protecting one's own animals can sometimes feel like an overwhelming need, even for those who try to be a friend to all animals.

I killed a feral cat last week with my bare hands when it bit me very seriously on the wrist after I caught it hiding in my old stables, it had previously damaged one of my cat's eyes in a fight and has given my 3 cats untold illnesses and fleas. The devil cat from hell had to go and surprisingly I feel no remorse. I wouldn't however shoot a dog....perhaps the owner. (sarcasm).
edit on 27/2/2015 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Takes a big man to go and shoot a dog...
I get that he wouldn't want dogs on his land bothering his livestock, that could cause some problems but is shooting them the solution?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Keep your dogs pinned up, tied up or in the house! It's cruel to blast them like that. But big dogs loose and roaming is not good for anybody.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Takes a big man to go and shoot a dog...
I get that he wouldn't want dogs on his land bothering his livestock, that could cause some problems but is shooting them the solution?

If it's good for people, it's good for dogs too. Right?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
If you are unfortunate enough to see what dogs do to sheep when a few of them get to roaming you would be even more distressed . Yes i have 3 dogs so i am a dog person , but i have also seen what they can do . These dogs came from normal homes . Their owners swore they could not have done such things .

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
If the dogs were on his land hassling his livestock, I believe he had every right to shoot them. If I had livestock and someone else's dogs were attacking them, I would have shot them too. It's the owner's responsibility to keep their dogs restrained. It is not anyone else's responsibility to protect your dogs.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Why are dogs' lives more important than a calf or a colt or a pen full of laying hens or someone's pet cat?

People who allow their dogs to run loose on other people's property, killing their livestock & pets are the bad guys, not the people who are protecting their animals & birds.

They are the aggressors, & they are the cause of their dogs being killed.

However, when somebody does what he has to in order to protect his property, he should have the good sense to not brag about it on Facebook.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Those dogs didn't have to die if their owners had made sure they were safely in a secure penned area. When we get stray dogs around our property, because of our other animals, we shoot towards them to scare them away. We don't like to kill anything, but country life is very different from city life. Packs of dogs work as a team and will become aggressive hunters because it is in their nature to do so.

Same thing with coyotes, only we shoot to kill.

I hate that it is this way, but predators must be dealt with otherwise the other animals will start disappearing until you have none left.

Texans in the country live as they have for the past 200 years when it comes to livestock and predators. The guy posting on his FB, although he thought he was making a point, only made himself look barbaric and cruel. However, what he did was legal. Sad, but legal.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This is how feuds among neighbors start. It never ends well when neighbors seek revenge. And bragging about it on FB was typical white trash behavior. Now he better hope like hell none of his animals get loose!!!
edit on 27-2-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
If the dogs was bothering his livestock then he did have a right to protect them. But to take pictures and post them online just shows he is one sick F***. The owner of the dogs wants a investigation and if they wasn't bothering his animals and was just on his land and he shot them then he should do some jail time.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
double post
edit on 27-2-2015 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Protecting your animals is not revenge. Once dogs start attacking livestock, it's not a one-time thing. It only gets worse & worse, until they are stopped.....one way or another. The irresponsible dog owner didn't stop them, so the livestock owner was forced to.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It was very dickish of the guy to brag about it online.
I live in the country and have removed a few stray dogs for killing livestock.
They can form packs and then become a potential danger to children and properly tended pets.
The coyotes seem to get the message if you give a warning shot.
It is nothing to be proud of, but sometimes you have to do what needs to be done.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Perhaps this has been said already, but I won't waste time reading the thread to find out. I just want to state a simple fact.
In Texas and probably many other states that have some semblance of "country" life, it is perfectly legal to shoot anybody's dog that is attacking your livestock. Period.

In addition, some places, counties and other areas have "lease laws" that basically say that your animal must be under constant control. That would be with a lease if out walking a dog or inclosed within a fence or restrained with a lease/chain if not under direct control. A loose animal in those areas is subject to being picked up by the animal control and the owner must pay a fine for its return and prove that it has a license and has been properly vaccinated.

That should be the end of the story, but it won't be as people will continue whining about the lose of the dogs when they should be bitching about the negligent owner.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Isn't anything able to change? I mean if they did actually attack. Human, animal, plant, .... ahh i dunno the right words to continue this thought.

Death is, imo, not necessary for any being in this case. I don't believe in a death sentence, but i believe in euthanasia. My dad tells the story when he had to shoot one of his dogs after it was hit by a car, due to suffering.

I'm curious about the title. Texas man shoots neighbors dogs I'm aware that it is apart of the original source. "Texas" "man", .........what's with all the labels? Not only Mainstream Media. In titles of internet videos. Propaganda. Sure, i could take a break from reading alternative media such as ATS. And lie to myself and believe everything is just gravy.... but the truth is here, it's there, it's in everyday life. Before i end my rant, anyone else think USA may be modern day Nazi Germany?

Pssh... many of you have heard that sort of thing before, i'm talking about propaganda and MSM stuffs. When... who what when where are we going to come together as a people, and live? With a clear conscious?

i had watched this "banksy" video earlier. I guess it got my mind to thinking, and i got drunk enough to post somethin, ha.Banksy in Gaza..... by voyger2

edit on 27-2-2015 by southernplayalistic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: took red pill

I understand this all too well. I had to kill a neighbor's dog on my property. I live about 11 miles from the nearest town, with a couple neighbors within a 1/2 mile radius. One of the neighbors dogs attacked one of my heifers she was with calf at the time. The heifer was injured but with antibiotics survived and delivered her calf, a few days after the delivery the neighbors dogs attacked and killed the calf... I shot one of them, and killed it.
One of the most difficult things I have had do was kill that dog (the other dog ran off when I shot, I wouldn't of been able to shoot it anyways, I can't shoot when I am shaking with grief), after all I have a dog my self, and she (my dog) is everything to me. The difference between me and the neighbor is that I have trained my dog not to leave my property and not to bother my other animals, so that she doesn't bother any ones livestock.

After I had killed the dog, I retrieved him and wrapped him in a sheet, then delivered him to my neighbor, with all due respect due to one of mans best friends. NEVER would I have I posted this on social media, this man should be ashamed.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

You certainly make a good point about protecting one's own animals against other aggressive animals. I guess the question here was were these two Labradors actually harming the cow ? My experience with Labs is that they are generally very gentle dogs with other animals and kids, that's why they make such wonderful family pets. This man seemed to know who owned these dogs and that they were pets. My guess is that these two buddies just wanted to get out and run and play. Our old Lab would sneak out every chance he got to go run in a near by creek, get all muddy, lol, and come back home. I do however understand that pet owners need to control their dogs for everyone's safety, including the pets.

Not sure what to say about the feral cat.....very sad situation. My sis made a good point earlier at dinner when we were discussing this and told me how a Vet friend of hers from the mid west was telling her that he could never have the type of practice there that he does here in CA because people grow up there with a different mind set about animals and were more likely to "put down" animals, even their own, rather then take them to the Vet...not sure if that's true, but perhaps in more rural areas it is ?

Hope your hand is ok, and that the kitty didn't suffer much......

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Thank-you to all who have taken the time to respond, it seems the over all sentiment from most of you is that the dogs should have been contained, which is True ! Being a city girl I admittedly don't understand how things are done out in the country and on rural farms.

I certainly had no intention to target Texas folks, I just simply used some of the original wording from the News article.

As a few of you have pointed out so well, for this man to post these pictures on FB was so repugnant, that even if it was justified, which is still unknown, it was a horrible , cruel thing to do ! It upset me so much I felt compelled to discuss it with others to get some perceptive. My reaction was definitely "emotional" and perhaps recently losing our dog "Bonnie" to cancer made my reaction even stronger.....She died on the operating table and I just couldn't go in to see her after she had died.......seeing those dead dogs shook me up.....

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Being a city girl I admittedly don't understand how things are done out in the country and on rural farms.

Most people who live in the city don't have much idea when it comes to things like this . And i am not blaming them for this in any way shape or form . Sometimes dogs go bad and it is usually not just one . Do not stress , it is not that common .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join