It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little girl "Pushed over by a ghost": I'm a lil stumped

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

What are you thinking of?

Ghosts are tried and tested but would be interested in your views on this.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I think they got the idea of a ghost or invisible friend from the fact that she was talking to someone that wasn't there and yelled at them after she landed on the floor.

I tend to separate "ghost" from spirit and other entities out there.
I don't think ghost is the right word for it.
A ghost to me is something that died and a residual is left over. It is non-intelligent, where as a spirit would be a conscious entity.
Invisible friends? Tulpas of some kind sometimes.
edit on 27-2-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Shadow Beings, Djinn, Tulpa, Extra-dimensional Entities, Some Kind of Alien Trickster with Cloaking tech #ing with the natives, Evil Spirits, Fey, Some Unknown Phenomena we don't really understand.

My point being, it seems there's many possibilities, as such, why the ghost assumption? These entities don't seem to act in ways that make who or what they are completely clear.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Invisible friend could easily be a tulpa, or any kind of trickster entity.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

My only thought on trickster entity is why would one mess with a little girl?

*ponder*

Really, the only way one would know if it was anything at all other than her falling down kind of hard is if things like this continue over a period of time. I think one instance is not enough to call it anything other than a strange fall.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

not likely, they are relatvely loud and you would likely hear it.

Jaden
edit on 27-2-2015 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Trickster entities seem, if they exist to be complete and total jerks. They have zero morality and the stuff they do so often seems random and to only exist for the purpose of spreading more confusion to the mix.

Take this, if we assume it happened as is being presented, what's the outcome? People talking about ghosts and stuff. More mud in the waters. The point of much of this seems to be to have people talking about so much BS and making the waters so muddy, nothing can be taken seriously cause there's too much.

Like having someone attend an abductee support group to find everyone there is aliens or hybrids in wigs. We can believe such a story is fake, but what if it's not, what if contactees are telling the truth, but it's all bull# and they're just saps?

It's always seemed to me like humanity is being trolled by some jerks with too much power and nothing better to do. # there comes a point of technological advancement where all needs are met with no real effort. We don't offer anything to a superior species. They don't need slaves, they don't need our resources, they don't need to rule us. So other than experimentation and entertainment, what else is there?

I know, weird random rant. I just don't buy the ghost phenomenon as being what people think it is. Seems to me to be a small part of something bigger.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I agree is probably just a little girl falling down. Just tired of the ghost hypothesis, not one I'm a fan of.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Many times when people say ghost, that is a generic term. They don't know the difference between fae, demons, spirits, etc..

It is physical and like has already been stated I tend to think of ghosts as residuals of deceased or even imprints through time which wouldn't be able to physically interact with our reality.

I would say it's virtually impossible it is just a girl falling down. It's either a wire or string attached to her shirt pulling her backwards or something unseen pushing her down from in front.

The shirt in the chest area obviously moves independent of the girls motions AND the upper chest moves back before the waist, legs and head, indicating that the initiating motion is at the chest.

I've NEVER seen a kid fall from the chest without being pushed or pulled.

Therefore, the two most likely occurrences are

1) setup with parents attaching wires or string to the chest area of the shirt and pulling them from off camera

2) Genuine unseen force pushing the child.

Jaden

p.s. Anyone who dismisses the #2 scenario out of hand because "ghosts(etc)" don't exist is a fool.
edit on 27-2-2015 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Ghost as most people talk about them are spoken of with the assumed context of spirit of the dead. I dislike it, because that assumption is a bias that detracts from a true objective study of such phenomena, as all aspects are looked at through that lens.

May just be me though.

Main point being, when most say ghost, they don't mean it as generic unknown spectral entity yet to be truly defined and study to a satisfactory conclusion has been drawn. It's exceptional specific and narrowly defined conclusion instead.

"Unknown Force pushes girl?" Would be fine, at which point someone saying "ghost?" is a fine hypothesis, as is then one of many possible options for the more open original question.

"Girl fall, unknown force seems responsible, what might that force be?" is great as it opens the dialogue to looking for solutions other than, ghost or not a ghost.
edit on PMFri, 27 Feb 2015 18:02:45 -060027America/Chicago2092015Fridayf by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
People are getting desperate for views these days

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Jordanliam

What is this comment supposed to mean???

That the op is desperate? That the family that posted the video is desperate? That commentators are desperate??

Please elaborate on this profound suggestion of yours.

Jaden

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I would like to point out I am one of those who uses the word ghost to imply multiple different things. This is because I am not too knowledgeable on the paranormal. Apologies

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
After watching 2 seconds of the vid at the 13sec to 14sec mark about 20 times in a loop, it is very clear that the fall originates at the upper chest area and the rest of her body follows. Watch her feet as the fall happens. She is trying to keep her balance. It sounds like she says "I fall down" after her bottom hits the floor.It appears that she simply lost her balance but the momentum she had going backwards seems like she was pushed or pulled. An Air Gun is very unlikely in my mind but the wire or string theory is very possible. Watch her left elbow as the fall begins...

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
a reply to: brace22

This is probably the first time I've ever responded to a paranormal thread.

Yes, children do fall all the damned time. I swear they're secretly here as litmus tests to make sure gravity is still working. As are cats.

However, as one of the other people said, this *really* does look like the toddler is being pushed. Her feet and knees were firm in their position. So were her shoulders and head.

The body *always* follows the head.

What I noticed, and the person who edited video for youtube did to great effect when they highlighted it, is that it truly looks as though the point of force was aimed at her solar plexus. Dead center chest. Her upper torso went straight back....all other body motions were a following act, from what I observed.

I actually caught this BEFORE the highlight in the edit came up and they replayed it.

Also, think about when you're fighting. I was taught that you need to watch the shoulders, as that is where upper torso action like a punch is going to originate from. That being said, this was my point of focus...

From what *I* saw, her shoulders went straight back...

I watched the video clip a number of times, and at first I thought,
She's a toddler, toddler's fall over all the time"

However, watching on about the third time, I have to say it definitely
looks like she is gently pushed directly in the chest.

I've seen young toddlers fall down a lot, and it usually looks like
suddenly they shift their center of gravity toward their rear.

So, I have to say I agree totally with what you said, I couldn't have
said it better myself.

BTW, interesting post OP

Rebel 5

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: OveRcuRrEnteD
After watching 2 seconds of the vid at the 13sec to 14sec mark about 20 times in a loop, it is very clear that the fall originates at the upper chest area and the rest of her body follows.
Didn't you or anybody else notice she starts moving her hands before she starts falling?

Seems to me like the hand movement threw her off balance, and that's not a push (nor a pull), she moves her own hands.

We might take for granted that moving our hands doesn't make us fall over, but adults have better balance than infants.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: brace22
Hello thereeee children! (10 Points if you can name that reference)

I find myself posting in this forum again, a forum I don't usually delve into. Once again, please ignore the source, but rather look at the content.

Okay, so a little 1-year old girl named Lexi, was playing "Peek-a-boo" with her parents, who happened to be filming the cuteness. When all of a sudden, she appears to be pushed over... However whatever pushes her over remains to be seen.

Now I was very sceptical BEFORE I looked at the video, however upon watching... I found myself stumped, and here is why:

1) There is a large area in view surrounding the toddler, with no sign of any interference from anything being able to push her over

2) Whoever is filming this is a good few yards away, and un-able to hide any interference.

3) There is no evidence of CGI or any other tool to manipulate the video.

4) Lexi does not loose her footing, control or balance before she falls.

So as you can see, from my view, this is quite a tricky one to break down. I should point out I am useless at investigating the paranormal, so I am hoping some of you guys can help break this down and analyse it more in depth. The video link is below:

Video

It's fake.....

Look around the moment she "falls". As her body turns slightly towards the tv you can see something on her cotton shirt reflecting. I bet they taped something to her shirt like a string or something.

Pretty damn pathetic.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur
I did notice her hands move. I believe that motion was part of her playing 'peek-a-boo'. My question about that would be "when did she open her eyes?" If she opened them as she took her hands away from her face it would be unlikely she lost her balance from that. If she opened them just before the "fall" I can see how that could disrupt her balance. There was a few seconds from the time her hands were down to the moment of the fall though. That is why I question when she opened her eyes. Additionally, there does appear to be motion of her shirt as the fall begins.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

why the hell do people do this?

bruno: "does your baby like white phosphorous?"
father: "...he loves it"

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
If this is a fake and I do believe it was then the parents need to be arrested for assault and child endangerment. That poor kid could just as easily have fallen a different way and smashed her head in leaving her permanently brain damaged or worse. I am thoroughly disgusted by what I saw on that video.

What normal parent would even risk damage to their own child just to fake a ghost video. Disgusting.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join