It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banksy in Gaza: Haunting images among ruins of war

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The English graffiti artist has taken his politically charged message to the bombed-out neighborhoods of Gaza, where a series of murals amid a backdrop of devastation attempts to give voice to the desperation felt by Palestinians.

(..)the viewer is struck with the realization that the only possible thing on the mind of the subject is the utter despair and devastation that surrounds him.

(..)It shows the silhouettes of children riding an amusement park swing that is circling around one of the looming guard stations that punctuate the length of the West Bank barrier, which, upon completion, will be approximately 700 kilometers (430 miles)

“A local man came up and said 'Please – what does this mean?' I explained I wanted to highlight the destruction in Gaza by posting photos on my website – but on the internet people only look at pictures of kittens.”

Banksy offered some advice on a concrete wall that I agree and Share:

If We Wash Our Hands Of The Conflict Between The Powerful And The Powerless We Side With The Powerful - We Don't Remain Neutral"

source
edit on 26/2/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I know many hate banksy I don't I love his pieces.
I just wish he would paint one on my house.
Very powerful pics there.
S&F.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Allow me to add an appealing interview by Suad Amiry, granddaughter of one Palestinian familie that suffered deportation from their land.
Note: Language in English, translation in Portuguese; if you’re in a hurry, start at 8minutes 40 seconds.

VIDEO

edit on 26/2/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Capitalizing on others misfortune, not direct monetarily but in notoriety. Why do people approve of this stuff? The guy is a notorious fame seeker.
The misfortune is the utter failure of the Palestinian leaders to their people.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

???
So do all artists but I think the images carry an important message.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

???
So do all artists but I think the images carry an important message.

The only message I see is that the Palestinians are screwed by their leaders with no hope in sight. I didn't need him to scribble all over the place to know this so the only message left was,

Banksy wuz here!!!

Maybe a better message would have been to deliver food and clothing, he could have scribbled all over the relief packages.
edit on 26-2-2015 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2015 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Once they find out how much a Banksy wall Mural goes for we'll see them on Ebay. Yes, you can sell a whole wall.

I love his work and his massage.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Once they find out how much a Banksy wall Mural goes for we'll see them on Ebay. Yes, you can sell a whole wall.

I love his work and his massage.

And who will have the resources to confiscate and transport, package and sale a whole wall?
That's right, the terror leaders in power, so Banksy is supporting terror, thanks for pointing that out. The people won't see a dime.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Capitalizing on others misfortune, not direct monetarily but in notoriety. Why do people approve of this stuff? The guy is a notorious fame seeker.

For that matter then, so did Vincent Van Gogh.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Sure it has nothing to do with the land grabbing nation supplied with American weapons that commits acts that gets Hamas to attack them so they can cry we are defending ourselves while murdering innocent civilians.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Maybe a better message would have been to deliver food and clothing, he could have scribbled all over the relief packages.

First it would have to be approved by Israel because you just can't let anything into a prison.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Awesome stuff, I don't get how people can not like this guy.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

First it would have to be approved by Israel because you just can't let anything into a prison.

If that is true, why do we see the art he is making there that is just going to be turned into terror support funds?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Watch the video and he says he gets there by the tunnel.

And how do you know what is going to happen to that art?
Seems like you have a preconceived outcome and are working backwards.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

If that is true, why do we see the art he is making there that is just going to be turned into terror support funds?

Do you have any proof of this? Do you think the Israeli's are going to steal them then sell them on the black market like they do everything else?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Do you have any proof of this? Do you think the Israeli's are going to steal them then sell them on the black market like they do everything else?

No Hamas will sell them to buy more concrete for its slaves to dig terror tunnels and to fund making more homemade rockets and other weaponry. They control everything there so Banksy was just giving them a donation towards terror by making those works of art there.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

No Hamas will sell them to buy more concrete for its slaves to dig terror tunnels and to fund making more homemade rockets and other weaponry. They control everything there so Banksy was just giving them a donation towards terror by making those works of art there.

Cement is on the embargo list for Gaza...Cement ?? what sort of a world do we live in that allows your neighbour to flatten your towns and villages then leaves you without the means to rebuild...Homes are a basic human right for Christ's sake. please dont come back and say, but they will use the cement to build tunnels for nefarious activities. They have enough rubble and building materials laying about they could build a tunnel into the heart of Israel if they wanted to.

Russia defended Stalingrad in nothing but rubble.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

So by your logic anyone who attempts to draw attention to the misery of a people is seeking financial gain or notoriety? I suppose that everyone should just forget about all the misfortune and wrongdoing around the world, because if one attempts to inform others of these issues on a national or international level, they are in the wrong. Even the media is making money from spreading the news of the world. Anyone, even a blogger, who attempts to spread information about the misfortunes of others, is apparently taking advantage of these people, considering that they make some money from their website. There is no situation in which it could be stated someone is not benefiting from spreading information of this type. Even ATS is making money, therefore if you yourself attempted to shed light on an issue there is someone benefiting. And even you would be increasing your notoriety, albeit to a small degree, by posting on a website like this. So your way of looking at the situation is simply incorrect. That is not even considering the fact that motivation and intent are a huge part of the equation. The reasons behind an act are extremely important, because even good intentions can have negative consequences. How do you know what the artist's intentions are? The evidence suggests that he is doing it to bring awareness to the situation in Gaza.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Banksy's been a hero of mine for a long time and this just reminds me why. My heart goes out to Gaza.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I was reviewing the video and this image impressed me a lot:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join