It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawsuit claims Purina brand is killing dogs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I spent a few years in the pet food trade, we delivered it all over the country so I got to talk to quite a few reps.
I never ever met a rep who told me there was REAL chunks of meat in their food! Those chunks that you see are NOT meat!

I remember being at a meeting and one of the guys had just been to a factory where dog food was being made, he was quite shocked by what he'd seen. He told me lorries were pulling in to the factory and they were loaded with all the out of date sandwich packs from all the service stations. He said inside there was a conveyor belt feeding the machinery. On that conveyer belt were all the sandwiches STILL IN PLASTICK PACKAGING going up into the machinery. At the other end of the factory kibble like pellets emerged. I wont mention makers names, but they were one of the more expensive brands that we dealt with!

Mixer.
A rep told me its made from all the returned out of date dog biscuits, thats why it shouldn't be used as a complete meal because all vitamins etc are gone!

I was also told cheaper means more fur and bone.

My family now feed there dogs on raw meaty bones purchased from local butchers, its actually cheaper than the commercial poo! They also get scraps from our leftover dinners to supplement the bones.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity
I agree, the best resolve would be to give them homemade meals that are health choices. I should do the same for my cat. As time goes on the ingredients of dry cat food become more and more harmful because of greed.
Avoid corn, wheat and soy the same for humans even if its gmo or not. You don't need them to survive. Its better to be safe than sorry
P.S and avoid chemicals used in antifreeze. I will not trust Purina ever again! Purina you make me sick and odviously not as sick as an animal eating your food

edit on 25-2-2015 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

That's disgusting!

Also? Those rawhide chew thingies? They are good for dogs' teeth, but my same vet said to make SURE they were not made outside the U.S., particularly not in South America or Mexico because they use poisons to cure them.

Funny thing is, Target has the ONLY made in U.S. ones I can find.

Funnier thing is that even though my normal pet food store has ones that are called USA Brand, if you check closely, they are made in Mexico. Talk about deceptive. I even had to point that out to the workers at the store and they were shocked.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

That's disgusting!

Also? Those rawhide chew thingies? They are good for dogs' teeth, but my same vet said to make SURE they were not made outside the U.S., particularly not in South America or Mexico because they use poisons to cure them.

Funny thing is, Target has the ONLY made in U.S. ones I can find.

Funnier thing is that even though my normal pet food store has ones that are called USA Brand, if you check closely, they are made in Mexico. Talk about deceptive. I even had to point that out to the workers at the store and they were shocked.

If those "rawhide chew thingies" are the same as what they sell over here (UK) then watch your dogs weight, they are very high fat!

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

They're these:
Link< br />
He needs to gain a little. Barely tips in at .07 stone (10 pounds).

ETA: The link looks broken but seems to work.
edit on 2/25/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

They're these:
Link< br />
He needs to gain a little. Barely tips in at .07 stone (10 pounds).

ETA: The link looks broken but seems to work.

My mistake, they are not what I thought you meant. So long as they dont come from china they are probably ok, I know the doggies like them

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Just told my wife about this thread and she said yes, all must be organic. That makes the difference. Can you tell us how you make those smoothies?

I know only one for dogs. It's about the same, could be beef instead of chicken but no rice. All in the blender. Expensive but it worth, used that when I had boxers, like 30 of them. Never counted them, was so fun to watch them all eating at the same time.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Some of the pet food makers really are idiots. I get it. Some people just don't care what they are feeding their pets, and just want cheap.

But with all the questioning, deaths, health problems that have been around for the last several years, you would think that they would listen, and at least make sure the pet food is safe.

And sorry, but the purina company is one of the biggest offenders.
And whoever makes that god awful o'l roy crap.

Also too though, some pets have trouble tolerating certain foods. I've tried giving my dog the higher end foods. She started on Purina Puppy Chow before I got her. Everything I tried, she got sick on and threw up all over my place. In the end, Purina puppy chow it was. When she got a little older, I tried switching to Dog food, and not puppy food, again, back to throwing up, so I just stayed with Puppy Chow. I've learned my cleaning up my blankets, bed and floors lesson. Don't give her anything BUT. No matter what good ingredients may be in other brands.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman
I just give him a little of my morning smoothie, which is mainly banana, pineapple, papaya, dark berries, strawberries, kale or spinach, carrots, spirulina, rice protein powder, flax seed, and flax seed oil, He loves it but I don't over do it. Pumpkin is really good for dogs too but I don't like it.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Thanks for that info. We have another coincidence here, she makes smoothies in the morning too, but we add beet too. Never thought it could be good for my dog, good idea.

(Off topic) Talking about healthy smoothies, ever tried Green Machine ?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I did run all of it by the vet though first. He said no worries.

Oooo beets is a good idea.

Pineapple and papaya combine into an intestinal tract healing enzyme, so that's how I started. Then I found some other things to add.

No I haven't tried that but I will now. Thanks for the tip. I'm sure I've looked at it suspiciously at the farmers market LOL

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
We feed our dogs Natural Balance based on my sister-in-law's recommendation.

She is a vet by the way. Not the Vietnam kind.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
originally posted by: Anyafaj

Also too though, some pets have trouble tolerating certain foods. I've tried giving my dog the higher end foods. She started on Purina Puppy Chow before I got her. Everything I tried, she got sick on and threw up all over my place. In the end, Purina puppy chow it was. When she got a little older, I tried switching to Dog food, and not puppy food, again, back to throwing up, so I just stayed with Puppy Chow. I've learned my cleaning up my blankets, bed and floors lesson. Don't give her anything BUT. No matter what good ingredients may be in other brands.

I forgot to add, I recently started adding Fresh Pet, about one to two teaspoons full to her food. The refrigerated brand. She loves the chicken and the lamb meatball brand one. Both made with real chicken and chicken liver, and real lamb and rice. My dog also enjoys eating a whole carrot as a treat. Here a pic of her as a 4 month old going to town on a small one last year. She's a little over a year now, and still enjoys a nice juicy carrot.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hmmm. Never noticed that brand anywhere. Where do you get yours? Is it a vet-only thing? Wait...is some of it refrigerated?

a reply to: Anyafaj
What a cute. Gosh she must weight, what, 6 pounds? Maybe?
edit on 2/25/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hmmm. Never noticed that brand anywhere. Where do you get yours? Is it a vet-only thing? Wait...is some of it refrigerated?

a reply to: Anyafaj
What a cute. Gosh she must weight, what, 6 pounds? Maybe?

A teensy bit over. 7 1/2. She's part Chihuahua, Part Jack Russell, and Part Mini-Pinscher. She is all pain in the butt hilarity though and will definitely keep you entertained! LOL She LOVES wearing outfits to go outside, and playing "naked butt" inside. She's very protective of me and only barks when someone is at my door. That's it! She NEVER barks! She only growls when she wants to play, so when she sees another dog, people think she's growling because she's going to attack. I have to let them know, she wants to play. They can't see her nub wagging under her outfit because it's so teeny. I got her like that, otherwise I never would have cut her tail. It is cute sometimes when she's excited to see this nub go a mile a minute. LOL

My daughter named her Calyssa after a Barbie Princess in a Barbie movie. We call her Callie for short. Or Psycho. LOL

edit on 2/25/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Yes, some is refrigerated. We get it from a local pet store but I think I have seen the dry food in Petco.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Yes, some is refrigerated. We get it from a local pet store but I think I have seen the dry food in Petco.

I LOVE PetCo! I get a pound of the cookies there once a month for training treats. My dog kept refusing to sit. Just a stubborn cuss! Finally I used those tiny ball like cookies they have. Now her butt sits! She stays, and she high fives! I'm in the process of teaching her shake now.
edit on 2/25/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I'm in the process of teaching her shake now.

I shake, but only when I don't get my daily bourbon fix.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm in the process of teaching her shake now.

I shake, but only when I don't get my daily bourbon fix.

Give me good old fashioned Maker's Mark, man. I had a cask of it they were going to bottle two bottles for me! I had tickets to tour and everything! No one wanted to go with me. Everyone was a bummer. And my sister all she could say was, I don't drink that crap, I drink Jager.

I'll drink about anything, but get that black licorice crap away from me! LOL Then she tried to be a politician and say it didn't taste like black licorice. You liar! LOL

(Though I did know someone that used to give their dog a small bowl full of whiskey. The dog's actual name WAS whiskey. LOL Not something I would do! But....)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Give me good old fashioned Maker's Mark, man.

Makers is good. I have gotten a bit more off the beatne path with some of my others, I like Michters, Templeton, Whistlepig, Black Maple Hill and when I feel really crazy, I go for the Pappy.

I had a cask of it they were going to bottle two bottles for me! I had tickets to tour and everything! No one wanted to go with me. Everyone was a bummer. And my sister all she could say was, I don't drink that crap, I drink Jager.

I know you probably love her and all but you should kill her.

Slowly.

While sipping a neat bourbon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join