It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bon Appétit!… Boko Haram Turns to Cannibalism to Feed Fighters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
So how long before ISIS starts eating their captives after killing them? These extremists give animals a bad name when people call them as such. They're way worse. Reminds me of a joke. One cannibal asks the other one if he's having fun eating. He says "I'm having a ball". The original cannibal says "You're eating too fast".

"Islamic Boko Haram fighters have reportedly turned to cannibalism after being stranded in the Magumeri forest without food or water.

One fighter said he fled the camp in the forest when it became obvious that he would be eaten.
The Clarion Project reported:

Members of the violent Nigerian Islamic terrorist group, Boko Haram, who have been chased into the Magumeri forest havereportedly begun to eat each other after being stranded for days without food or water. Magumeri forest is approximately 150 kilometres from Maiduguri, the Borno state capital.

Mallam Momodu Bukar, a suspected member of the outlawed sect told reporters in Maiduguri that the group was beginning to slaughter non-combatant members to provide food for the fighters. He fled the forest camp when he realized that he might be next in line. “I thank God that I escaped because I would have been slaughtered by now to provide meals for my colleagues at the camp,” Bukar said.

He said that the Boko Haram sect members had been in the forest since May, after being kicked out of the Marte Local Government Area by the Joint Task Force called “Operation Restore Order” after a state of emergency had been declared in Nigeria.

“Our group, consisting of about 300 well-armed combatants, headed for Magumeri on the orders of the sect leader, Abubakar Shekau, shortly before the military took over Camp Marte. We have been wandering in the forest. We have exhausted our food and water supply, and so, everybody became hungry,” Bukar narrated."
www.thegatewaypundit.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Meat is meat.
A man's gotta eat.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
What does ISLAM say about cannibalism?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Apparently, Allah sez it's O.K.

In important and a serious question, “Does Allah of Islam, allow Muslims in the Quran, to eat human flesh?”

The answer is very clearly, “Yes”.

Read the following two verses in the Quran,

(1) Quran (2: 173):

“He hath only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and that on which any other name hath been invoked besides that of Allah. But if one is forced by necessity, without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits,- then is he guiltless. For Allah is Oft-forgiving Most Merciful” (Surah The Cow 2:173).

(2) Quran (16: 115):

“He has only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and any (food) over which the name of other than Allah has been invoked. But if one is forced by necessity, without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits,- then Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful” (Surah The Bee 16:115).

The reference of the commentaries on these verses is: The book of “Al-Kortoby”, the collector of the Quranic rules.

“In the name of Allah the merciful and compassionate, this book is published under the supervision of the scholars of Al-Azhar (the largest Islamic University in the world). All publishing rights are reserved to Dar El-Ghad El-Araby, Cairo”.

He continues,

“This edition is corrected, edited and certified by the “Council of Islamic Research of Al-Azhar”, who published it in 9 November, 1988, 29 Rabie I of the Islamic year 1409.

In page 716 in volume 1, Al-Kortoby gives these comments,

“If one is in dire need and found a dead body of an animal, a swine, or of human, he might eat the dead animal because it as “Halal” (lawful or permissible), but not the body of a swine or a human”. There is a light prevention and a strong prevention, and these are the rules, such as one hates to have sexual relation with his sister, but can have a sexual relation with a foreigner because it is lawful for him. This is the condition for theses rules. Eating the flesh of a human is not allowed.

Yet the scholars Ahmad and Dawoud protested by saying that prophet Mohammad said, “Breaking the bones of a dead body is like breaking the bones of a live body. Al-Shafie said, “One may eat the flesh of a human body. It is not allowed to kill a Muslim nor a free non-Muslim under Muslim rule (because he is useful for the society), nor a prisoner because he belongs to other Muslims. But you may kill an enemy fighter or an adulterer and eat his body”.

Dawoud slandered Al-Mozny by addressing Al-Mozny saying, “You allowed eating the flesh of the prophets”. Ibn Sharie responded also to Al-Mozny by saying, “You allowed killing the prophets and did not allow eating the flesh of the infidels”.

Ibn Al-Araby said, “The proper thing for me is not to eat human flesh unless the person makes sure that this act saves him from starving to death and Allah knows best”.

quranexplained.wordpress.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Interesting question so i went and looked for the answer

“He hath only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and that on which any other name hath been invoked besides that of Allah. But if one is forced by necessity, without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits,- then is he guiltless. For Allah is Oft-forgiving Most Merciful” (Surah The Cow 2:173).

quranexplained.wordpress.com... n/

If these verses are correct then it is allowed probably.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
They may get a hankerin' for pork products now they have tasted 'Long Pig'

Seems that 'god isn't so great' after all!

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Enjoy your CJD.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Africa is Africa.......I would say more but whats the point. Africa is mostly a lost cause.
edit on 25-2-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

I would presume it's allowed. You're obviously allowed to kill someone over cartoons, behead, and burn alive, so I don't think cannibalism is frowned upon.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: HumansEh

Would it mean eternal condemnation if they unknowingly ate someone who just consumed a BLT or a rack of ribs?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) checking out this story seems to result in absolutely no evidence, and of the two other sites linked to as "sources", one links to the other, and that final one has no links to any source and claims the story was told by a "suspected" militant to "newsmen" - no names of which newsmen these were, or which news outlet they supposedly work for.

You would think that if it were genuine, there would be a link to the news agency those "newsmen" are employed by, as they would be running the story. Alas, it's a dead-end.

Nothing would surprise me with the deranged freaks, but this is another example of stories being shared that seem to have no checkable facts to back them up. It took me less than five minutes to discover this dead-end. People really need to start checking their sources and considering how valid they are - just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Agreed. I can't attest to the veracity and credibility of the sources. That being said, it wouldn't surprise me as they commit other atrocities. The mods will move this to the HOAX bin, of course, if not true.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

In Africa it's a macho thing in some cultures to eat the heart or liver to scare your enemies.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Long Pig on the menu...Short Pig strictly forbidden. ?
edit on 25-2-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that these people use cannibalism in rituals and/or for terroristic purposes, but if they're eating human for nourishment they're most likely to contract the ugly disease Kuru.

I was surprised to read about a threat of cannibalizing ISIS militants by the father of one of the slain Coptic Christians.

"What will be a relief to me is to take a hold of his murderer, tear him apart, eat up his flesh and liver," said Bushra Fawzi in el-Aour village, as he wept over the loss of his 22-year-old son Shenouda.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I'm curious as to why ISIS would start eating its captives because a completely different terrorist group ended up stranded and cut off from supplies and was reduced to eating each other to stay alive. I'd really like that connection cleared up here.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Never mind those guys, this is pandemic.

edit on 25-2-2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because:  

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I'm curious as to why ISIS would start eating its captives because a completely different terrorist group ended up stranded and cut off from supplies and was reduced to eating each other to stay alive. I'd really like that connection cleared up here.

Why? As another tool to strike more terror. So they're not above beheading and burning alive their captives as terror tactics, that's getting old, they need a new method. It appears to be that you don't believe they're capable of this. If their Boko Haram cousins can do this, why can't they eventually if they're short of food and their financing gets cut off. And no, Boko is not 'completely different' as you say.

"5 Similarities Between ISIS And Boko Haram
1.Both groups claim to be working for Allah, the Muslim name for God.
2.They force adherents of other religions to convert to Islam or face execution.
3.Both ISIS and Boko Haram have overrun communities and claimed territory as theirs leaving destruction in their wake.
4.The terrorist groups have gone on a murderous rampage in their respective vicinities, killing women, children and even their fellow Muslims.
5.Both groups are very wealthy and are receiving massive funding from unknown sources which allows them to purchase deadly state of the art weapons to carry out their attacks."
pulse.ng...

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Desperate and sad.
Such is the poor life of a group no one but egotistical maniacs live.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join