It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inner Kremlin leak exposes deep Mistrust of Putin

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

The last and most independant Russian newpaper has published a report claiming that the take over of Crimea was planned well in advance of the Ukrainian leader Yanukovich being ousted in a revolution.

No they did not publish a report or a memo.

The authenticity of the document could not be independently verified. The newspaper did not publish any pictures of the memo or provide any proof that the policy described in it had actually been adopted.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Mod Note:

Discuss the topic please.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik
In my turn I'm intrigued by this this phrase

"Some unknown Oligarch leaked this explosive report and another well known Oligarch published it."

Reading "The Daily Beast" article about the leak www.thedailybeast.com... I didn't find confirmation that the sources are clear.

How much did Putin know about this plan? According to the paper’s deputy editor, Sergei Sokolov, Novaya Gazeta does not have conclusive material evidence but does have “a strong sense” from its source that Putin reviewed the document in February 2014. “We’ve trusted that Kremlin insider for many years, he’s never misguided us,” Sokolov told The Daily Beast.

One thing is to discuss the content of the leak, which is quite interesting by itself. And another thing to discuss the source of the leak. The presentation of OP doesn't make sufficient distinction between the two, which is a mistake that we can blame on him. Nonetheless, I think this topic have a right to stay here for further discussion.

Appreciate the Beast link...a well written piece on the story.

“It is important to understand,” said Sokolov, “that there are people inside the red wall [the Kremlin] who feel concerned about the war in Ukraine, ultra-nationalism and reckless politics, people who would like to stop the war but cannot do it themselves.” They want it done “with somebody else’s hands.”

This is what I'm saying in the OP. There is some unknown Oligarch who had access to this document who decided to leak it. Ledbedev is the known Oligarch that decided to publish the story in Novaya. Both are taking on risk by their actions no matter if the memo is real or fake.

Again the story itself isn't really a shocker. Russia has troops arriving in Crimea two days after Yanukovich hopped in his helicopter and flew East out of Ukraine. The real story is that this leak, fake or real, is being published in Russia. That story provides significant evidence of powerful forces starting to speak out in public against Putin.
edit on 26-2-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Ledbedev is the known Oligarch

I'm not sure if Lebedev belongs to "Kremlin side" or Western side of the elites.
Consider this Lebedev also owns British "Independent" www.telegraph.co.uk...

So, this leak may be many other things besides "inner cracks in Kremlin Wall"

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrChinstrap
Propaganda much?

The OP linked to a news article released the exact same day. I'm not sure what you find so offensive about this thread but you are welcome to not read it and not post in it.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik

Ledbedev is the known Oligarch

I'm not sure if Lebedev belongs to "Kremlin side" or Western side of the elites.
Consider this Lebedev also owns British "Independent" www.telegraph.co.uk...

So, this leak may be many other things besides "inner cracks in Kremlin Wall"

Agreed, Lebedev is an interesting person! Personally I highly doubt he would be allowed to operate inside Russia if he was working for the West. I find him part of the 'controlled' opposition inside Russia. There is always going to be negative views so it's best to direct the source of those views, allow a little opposition but stifle serious issues from leaking out.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I'm not sure this will hurt Putin. He can spin it as "See, I'm so foresighted I was three weeks ahead of my enemies."

Fascinating also how the supposedly wronged former President of Ukraine doesn't seem to get a say in any of this now. Putin is in no hurry to get him back into the country and ruling.

Even a scum like Yanukovych, who probably actually could bring about a ceasefire in East Ukraine, probably didn't want a civil war and his country dismembered. (He wanted it whole and prosperous, the better to graft from)
edit on 27-2-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
listen, fools. Putin HAS ALREADY PUBLICALLY DISCLOSED that he, PERSONALLY, owns every album that Deep Purple ever made. That, my friends, IS A MAN! A REAl man. A man men can love. I love this man, not for his manly photo ops, or for his love of MMA, but because this brother loves deep purple.

[how many more random comments do I have to post before I can initiate a thread?]
edit on 27-2-2015 by jtiest because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Then we have THIS
Nemtsov shot and killed,a Putin critc...www.washingtonpost.com... 4-e5209a3bc9a9_story.html
edit on 27-2-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

I'm not sure this will hurt Putin. He can spin it as "See, I'm so foresighted I was three weeks ahead of my enemies."

Fascinating also how the supposedly wronged former President of Ukraine doesn't seem to get a say in any of this now. Putin is in no hurry to get him back into the country and ruling.

Even a scum like Yanukovych, who probably actually could bring about a ceasefire in East Ukraine, probably didn't want a civil war and his country dismembered. (He wanted it whole and prosperous, the better to graft from)

I see the 'leak' as a warning shot by some Oligarch. You are right, it isn't enough to damage Putin much, but it is enough to say that leaks can happen and get published really quickly. If it was a devastating leak then Putin would hunt down the Oligarch. This minor leak might not bring such a strong response.

Yanukovich is toast in Putin's eyes now. Which is best, the guy isn't even a good puppet let alone leader.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Then we have THIS
Nemtsov shot and killed,a Putin critc...www.washingtonpost.com... 4-e5209a3bc9a9_story.html

Another Putin critic gets assassinated! Within view of the Kremlin, days before an anti-Putin rally he was organizing. Can't make a bigger public statement than that. I'm sure Putin opposition will go deep underground now.
edit on 27-2-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
n/m
edit on 27/2/15 by masqua because: wrong thread

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Perhaps Nemtsov had contact with Western operatives, and it became known.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join