It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inner Kremlin leak exposes deep Mistrust of Putin

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Putins popularity has been based off a lack of candidates not his popularity. And if he looses the oligarchs he's in trouble.
www.worldaffairsjournal.org...

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrChinstrap
Wasn't there a thread about this 4 days ago?

Hardly breaking news.

Yes, there was, and here too the voices of the "Let Russia have what it wants (deserves by default) are loud and well argued, showing a decent knowledge of the angle they are attempting to protect. Reason enough to suggest they are not mere commentators on the scene, but have a part to play.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Things of a similar nature occur in most nations, or have occurred throughout history in varying degrees. Such political intrigue is common, and there are always powerful members of the government who dislike or disagree with the leader of the nation. Within developed nations in the past few decades this type of thing has declined in my opinion. Well, it is not that it has declined as much as things are not acted upon as much. You don't see the same level of instability that was present prior to and in some cases even after WWII, at which time such occurrences were mainly isolated within developing nations. I personally think that a military coup or a political coup is more apt to occur in Russia than in any other modern, developed nation, but it is still quite a stretch. Russia is no longer the USSR, and there is some semblance of a democratic republic in place. And a coup within such a nation is less likely in modern times. Most coups occur, as I said, either in developing nations or within nations that have a more oppressive form of government. But such a thing is quite possible in Russia. The most important thing needed for the successful overthrow of a leader varies depending on how the coup is to be conducted. The support of the military has always been a powerful tool in gaining or maintaining power. Assassinating a leader can save the opponents the trouble of having to fight for what they want, but then there is the danger of reprisals from the state if the former leader had powerful supporters. So usually when the leader is eliminated, in one way or another, the coup members are not really cutting off the head of the beast. To do that they must also arrest, assassinate, etc., all the other powerful supporters who could foil their plans. Not very likely to happen, even in Russia, but again it is more likely there than in a country like the US.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

originally posted by: DrChinstrap
Wasn't there a thread about this 4 days ago?

Hardly breaking news.

Yes, there was, and here too the voices of the "Let Russia have what it wants (deserves by default) are loud and well argued, showing a decent knowledge of the angle they are attempting to protect. Reason enough to suggest they are not mere commentators on the scene, but have a part to play.

Yet oddly the link I posted in the OP is from TODAY...as previously mentioned. Since neither you nor your partner have put a link the the 'duplicate thread' I'll have to call BS until your evidence this is a copied thread...as well as you statement that I am something more than a commentator.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Putins popularity has been based off a lack of candidates not his popularity. And if he looses the oligarchs he's in trouble.

Your link is a full year old...might not be too applicable now.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

originally posted by: dragonridr

Your link is a full year old...might not be too applicable now.

Put it in light of recent events and I say it makes alot of sense since you get to see what Putin deals with at home. His old arch rival is at it again. Trust me his problems are going to get worse anti war rallys and this.
www.newsweek.com...

He's starting to have domestic problems throw in the fact that inflation is going through the roof in Russia and people will start to starve I give him maybe 18 months probably less. He Needs to give up his trade union idea and focus on fixing the damage he's causing to the economy.
edit on 2/25/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The whole Russian/Ukranian/NATO theater production sure is entertaining. All of the players are really hitting their cues. It never ceases to amaze me that for a site comprised of a majority of NWO believers that people fall for these dividing tactics and theatrics. Putin is clearly an NWO puppet playing the Bond villain for the western audience at the moment. People have devolved in such a way we no longer need the ideological rhetoric our grandparents had to be manipulated with like the cold war (communism/capitalism). Merely the specter of that era is enough to freak people out. People do not see that the general western public is being primed for this and I am sure the east has its own counterparts.

Take note of the movies being shown to people. Many of the villains are Russians again. The NWO set up the communist bloc and controlled it all along. They are still in control while people do the flag waving thing falling into tribal behaviors. Now whether they are merely planning to pull a "Saddam" with Putin and push for some kind of regime change remains to be seen on how well he plays his part. We are being prepared for the next false flag that the sabre rattling warmongers can use to kick off the scripted WW3 scenario or Cuban missile crisis 2.0 while the elite consolidate and legislate their way to total and absolute control of everything. All with our consent of course

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

The Kremlin has always been an opaque, walled off fortress of Russia's elite. However Putin's inner circle has always been so secretive it makes the Kremlin look like the tourist center it now is. Putin's KGB roots clearly run strong in his desire to keep decisions secret. So much so that Kremlin 'Tea Leaves' readers simply assume any 'leak' has been authorized. That changed today with a nasty leak from deep withing Putin's inner circle.

Making stuff up are we?

This is your fabrication. Even if the document is real, which you have no proof for, you have no idea how it was leaked and by whom exactly and what that means.

Propaganda much?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   

You are saying something completely different from from your links

???

Links talk about plan for Crimea in weeks just before government collapse which is rational considering Ukraine would go probably NATO and Russia would lose a 200 year base

And you made it seem as if this is years before as some kind of Russian conspiracy

What are you up to ?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: LotToTell2

You are saying something completely different from from your links

???

Links talk about plan for Crimea in weeks just before government collapse which is rational considering Ukraine would go probably NATO and Russia would lose a 200 year base

And you made it seem as if this is years before as some kind of Russian conspiracy

What are you up to ?

He's reporting the claims made by a Russian newspaper. Try reading the article next time might help. It allegedly was a plan given to Putin a couple of weeks before Yanukovych ran to Russia to avoid prosecutuon. And if you read it they followed it almost exactly including the false allegations about Kiev. And of course Russian trollsters
edit on 2/26/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

He's reporting the claims made by a Russian newspaper. Try reading the article next time might help.

Can you qoute the part of the article that says this,

You can't.

This is the Breaking News forum. The op should just present the news in the article, not add his own speculations and a misleading title.

Did you read this in the article?

The authenticity of the document could not be independently verified. The newspaper did not publish any pictures of the memo or provide any proof that the policy described in it had actually been adopted.

The op is making up his own storyline based on a story for which there is no proof whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Many countries have "memos" on attacking many different countries. The US had a plan to invade Canada.

This is a pretty dumb theory considering Ukraine elections were a year away. If Russia wanted to replace Yanukovich, they would have done it then. Unless someone else was interfering....

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DrChinstrap

Let's take it as a piece of "investigative journalism"

I don't think that the rules of the forum are so rigid that you can't make your own point about the news.
He gave the links both in Russian and English to the original source, the readers can make their own opinion afterall.

In my turn I'm intrigued by this this phrase

Some unknown Oligarch leaked this explosive report and another well known Oligarch published it.

Reading "The Daily Beast" article about the leak www.thedailybeast.com... I didn't find confirmation that the sources are clear.

How much did Putin know about this plan? According to the paper’s deputy editor, Sergei Sokolov, Novaya Gazeta does not have conclusive material evidence but does have “a strong sense” from its source that Putin reviewed the document in February 2014. “We’ve trusted that Kremlin insider for many years, he’s never misguided us,” Sokolov told The Daily Beast.

One thing is to discuss the content of the leak, which is quite interesting by itself. And another thing to discuss the source of the leak. The presentation of OP doesn't make sufficient distinction between the two, which is a mistake that we can blame on him. Nonetheless, I think this topic have a right to stay here for further discussion.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DrChinstrap

Yes, with the appropriate title.

And here is the link to the existing thread posted earlier,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That thread was promo, the original Russian publisher said that they are going to publish it next week, and they delivered it yesterday. So, technically, first thread was about promo and this one about the leak.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join