It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NV Republican says Cancer is a fungus that can be flushed out with salt water

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Nevada state Assemblywoman Michele Fiore (R) plans to introduce a bill she said would provide more options for cancer patients.

Nevada state Assemblywoman Michele Fiore (R) plans to introduce a bill she said would provide more options for cancer patients — but actually relies on what medical experts call a myth, Think Progress reported.

“If you have cancer, which I believe is a fungus, and we can put a pic line into your body and we’re flushing with, say, salt water, sodium cardonate through that line and flushing out the fungus,” Fiore said on her radio show over the weekend. “These are some procedures that are not FDA-approved in America that are very inexpensive, cost-effective.”

As Ralston Reports noted, Fiore likely meant to say “sodium bicarbonate,” commonly known as baking soda.

According to the American Cancer Society, ([url=http://www.cancer.org/treatment/treatmentsandsideeffects/complementaryandalternativemedicine/herbsvitaminsandminerals/sodium-bicarbonate]ACS[/ur l]) the argument that sodium bicarbonate can be used to flush cancer out of the body stems from “unsubstantiated treatments” by an Italian doctor, Tullio Simoncini. Simoncini’s license to practice medicine was revoked in 2003. Three years later, he was convicted of wrongful death and swindling.

“No peer-reviewed articles in medical journals were found to support the theory that cancer is caused by a fungus infection or a yeast infection. Available peer-reviewed medical journals do not support claims that sodium bicarbonate works as a cancer treatment in humans,” the ACS states on its website. “Scientists require certain kinds of evidence to support claims that a kind of germ causes a certain disease. The first requirement is that the germ should be present in all cases of the disease. Simoncini claims that all tumors contain fungi. But these fungi have not been found in tumors when biopsies are examined by methods capable of revealing fungi in infected tissue.”

The assemblywoman, who accused federal officials last year of “coming up” with the grazing fees that spurred their dispute with rancher Cliven Bundy, introduced another bill last week that would allow licensed gun owners to carry firearms on college campuses within the state, saying it would prevent “young, hot little girls on campus” from sexual assaults.

Ahhh, this lady again. She has got to learn to keep quiet I guess. First it was only pretty young women get raped on campuses, and now, cancer is a yeast infection. Good to know. I'll be sure to freak out next time I need to buy Monostat.

It's too early to vote her out isn't it? I guess I should be thankful I don't live in NV then. The lady is certifiable and how she got elected with crap for brains is beyond me. Did the voters know about her edjumacation level? Or are they one the same level as her? Cuz if so, I have to stay FAAAAAAR away from NV as possible then! WOW!

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Read any cancer thread on here and you'll find people who believe this. It's unfortunately a very pervasive myth that started with an Italian, Dr. Tullio Simoncini, who wrote a book in which he claimed that all cancer is a result of the fungus Candida albicans. He was convicted of fraud about a decade ago and I believe manslaughter because a woman under his care died and he was "treating" her with injections of baking soda.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Read any cancer thread on here and you'll find people who believe this. It's unfortunately a very pervasive myth that started with an Italian, Dr. Tullio Simoncini, who wrote a book in which he claimed that all cancer is a result of the fungus Candida albicans. He was convicted of fraud about a decade ago and I believe manslaughter because a woman under his care died and he was "treating" her with injections of baking soda.

I can see if someone was dying and traditional methods were not working and they wanted to try this. I'd say knock yourself out. It's not like you haven't tried everything else. But to listen to a quack who killed his patient because of his quackery???? That's be like going to Dr. Phil for Cardiac surgery advice.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
So, so sad.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Fiore, who is also CEO of a healthcare company, told listeners to her weekly radio show on Saturday, that she will soon introduce a “terminally ill bill,” to allow more non-FDA-approved treatments for those diagnosed as having terminal illnesses.

And....
Fiore has had seven figures in liens filed against her

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

What if the doc was spot on, and Big Pharma targeted him and framed him. Chemo is big money. What if a 79-cent box of baking soda and purified water really IS a viable alternative to poisonous chemicals piped into a sick person blood stream? I can totally see how that trend would threaten big pharma's fat wallet. Proponents might need to be discredited, silenced.

Here are a couple articles from National Institute of Health from 4-6 years ago, addressing findings related to tumor acidity, and sodium bicarbonate balancing the pH & inhibiting growth/preventing metastases. Read 'em while ya can, before they get scrubbed!

Bicarbonate increases tumor pH and inhibits spontaneous metastases.

Reduction of metastasis using a non-volatile buffer.

Investigating mechanisms of alkalinization for reducing primary breast tumor invasion.

Also, personal account of my dog's recovery overnight from a month-long crippling tumor near hip joint (vet suspected cancer) and injection of the tumor with baking soda water, if anyone is interested in hearing about it.

I have been down this rabbit hole (like a good lil conspiracy theorist, lol) and came out on the other side. It's ok if you don't believe what I believe. I won't try to make you think like me, but I didn't want to NOT say the other side of the coin.

'cause, what if?

EDIT TO ADD: Just wanted to be clear that the Vet did the injections, at my pleading after reading studies I brought to him. He said it made sense, it would 'do no harm' to try, but don't expect a miracle. He was floored.
edit on 2/24/2015 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

What if the doc was spot on, and Big Pharma targeted him and framed him. Chemo is big money. What if a 79-cent box of baking soda and purified water really IS a viable alternative to poisonous chemicals piped into a sick person blood stream? I can totally see how that trend would threaten big pharma's fat wallet. Proponents might need to be discredited, silenced.

Here are a couple articles from National Institute of Health from 4-6 years ago, addressing findings related to tumor acidity, and sodium bicarbonate balancing the pH & inhibiting growth/preventing metastases. Read 'em while ya can, before they get scrubbed!

Bicarbonate increases tumor pH and inhibits spontaneous metastases.

Reduction of metastasis using a non-volatile buffer.

Investigating mechanisms of alkalinization for reducing primary breast tumor invasion.

Also, personal account of my dog's recovery overnight from a month-long crippling tumor near hip joint (vet suspected cancer) and injection of the tumor with baking soda water, if anyone is interested in hearing about it.

I have been down this rabbit hole (like a good lil conspiracy theorist, lol) and came out on the other side. It's ok if you don't believe what I believe. I won't try to make you think like me, but I didn't want to NOT say the other side of the coin.

'cause, what if?

EDIT TO ADD: Just wanted to be clear that the Vet did the injections, at my pleading after reading studies I brought to him. He said it made sense, it would 'do no harm' to try, but don't expect a miracle. He was floored.

As I said, I have no problem with the patient trying it. But at least study it and do testing on it first. Allow the patient to try traditional methods then go with this.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

These papers are oft-cited by proponents of the "all cancer is a fungus" myth. None of the papers have anything to do with fungus however. These are all about research into the microenvironments around tumors which is acidic because of glycolytic metabolism (at an often exponential rate) and poor perfusion (glucose is converted, acid is produced, acid has nowhere to go, pH drops).

The conclusions are pretty much the same, the mice ingesting baking soda had fewer spontaneous metastases. What's important to keep in mind is that the tumors didn't shrink in any of the studies.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

But at least study it

That's what I fear has fallen by the wayside. They say he's wrong, that he has no peer-reviewed studies or what not. But where is the proof he is wrong?

But please know I didn't mean to come off as dismissing your words- sorry it sounded that way. I just wish I trusted the true motives of those who shape public opinion with their nay-saying and nothing to back it up. They want us to accept "It's a myth 'cause I said so." So not only are doctors not gonna offer it as another shot at surviving, they're coming out against it with such gusto that people who believe everything mainstream, will just drink their koolaide and never see it as an option for even a last ditch effort to survive.

One thing I find interesting, no one's saying the procedure itself is harmful in any way.

Here's a thought... why couldn't they do this AND traditional methods concurrently? Baking soda DOES quell fungus/yeast, and people who have traditional therapies for cancer do have fungus/yeast problems. So, hmmm...

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

But at least study it

That's what I fear has fallen by the wayside. They say he's wrong, that he has no peer-reviewed studies or what not. But where is the proof he is wrong?

But please know I didn't mean to come off as dismissing your words- sorry it sounded that way. I just wish I trusted the true motives of those who shape public opinion with their nay-saying and nothing to back it up. They want us to accept "It's a myth 'cause I said so." So not only are doctors not gonna offer it as another shot at surviving, they're coming out against it with such gusto that people who believe everything mainstream, will just drink their koolaide and never see it as an option for even a last ditch effort to survive.

One thing I find interesting, no one's saying the procedure itself is harmful in any way.

Here's a thought... why couldn't they do this AND traditional methods concurrently? Baking soda DOES quell fungus/yeast, and people who have traditional therapies for cancer do have fungus/yeast problems. So, hmmm...

You are fine dear. Honest. As long as you are yelling, insulting or berating, I welcome others opinions. I enjoy healthy discussions.

I don't know if you've seen this yet, but you might be interested in this documentary that is free until the 6th. It's all about Big Pharma and the role they play in our Government, as well as Science, and Monsanto. Just use a throw away email as you have to type an email in to view it.

Bought

Thread for Documentary here

Edit to add: I have NO issue at ALL with using BOTH alternative AND traditional. I'm a firm believer in whatever works. I use onion slices in my socks to get rid of high fevers. Slice an onion medium thickness. Place a slice on the outside of your ankle in your sock. Keep there for about an hour to two hours. Great fever reducer and yes, it has been used on myself, and I have used it on my daughter. My father used it on my sister when she had a 105 from Scarlet Fever and an Ice Bath in the ER couldn't reduce it! It's an old world Hungarian remedy my Grandmother brought over from Budapest, and no, I have no issue with Motrin or Tylenol.
edit on 2/25/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

These papers are oft-cited by proponents of the "all cancer is a fungus" myth. None of the papers have anything to do with fungus however.

Cancer and fungus seem to go hand-in-hand. Lowered immune system from the cancer itself, or the chemo or radiation? The mainstream has assumed that's the cause, but they haven't proven it, any more than the Doc who says fungus/yeast overgrowth leads to cancer. They're both using they "myth" word against each other and the medical establishment holds all the cards (and wants to keep holding the cash.) So who are we peons supposed to have faith in?

But frankly, that argument is irrelevant if the baking soda helps. Who cares WHY it stays the growth of cancer. The important thing is, that it does. NIH's own articles from a few years back say this. And no bad side effects noted. So, like I mentioned to the OP, why on earth do they not recommend using the baking soda therapy to augment the traditional?

I can't help it... I smell a rat. So glad I'm on a conspiracy website where I can openly say such a thing!

edit on 2/25/2015 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I swear to god that Americans brains have been mind wiped by aliens and replaced with the brains of mouldy cheese.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
We don't need your black magic from your witch doctor in the city.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

But at least study it

I don't know if you've seen this yet, but you might be interested in this documentary that is free until the 6th. It's all about Big Pharma and the role they play in our Government, as well as Science, and Monsanto.

Hey thanks for the heads up... yes, am interested.

I use onion slices in my socks to get rid of high fevers. Slice an onion medium thickness. Place a slice on the outside of your ankle in your sock. Keep there for about an hour to two hours. Great fever reducer and yes, it has been used on myself, and I have used it on my daughter. My father used it on my sister when she had a 105 from Scarlet Fever and an Ice Bath in the ER couldn't reduce it! It's an old world Hungarian remedy my Grandmother brought over from Budapest...

Fascinating! And a new one on me. I'm gonna tell everybody I know about this. Wonder how in the world it works?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Chemotherapy and radiation treatment have been demonized around here to hell even though they have been proven to help cancer go into remission and in some cases make it disappear completely. People around here are so paranoid that they actually believe baking soda and olive oil cure cancer.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7as I've said before, if I'd listened to the ATS collective wisdom on cancer treatment, I'd have been dead years ago.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

What if the doc was spot on, and Big Pharma targeted him and framed him.

I guess that's one way to bend reality to fit your narrative. It's also incredibly intellectually dishonest and delusional.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

I have read a lot into cancer cures and treatments by natural means and is plenty of people that testified by their efficiency, my father rely on natural treatments for his prostate cancer when it came back 8 years later after been "cure by conventional medical treatments" he was diagnosed by age 60, was "cured" by 65, his cancer came back when he was 73 and with natural treatment and diet he is now 80 and still going strong.

But you are not going to find any of those stories in major medical magazines or medical reports or journals that are mostly propaganda for big pharma.

People complain that natural cures do not work.

But they fail to see the bigger issue, most people that look for natural cures fall in the category of terminal, this means that they are already weakened by traditional medicine and their bodies ravished by the disease and the medical community can not cure them.

Like everything the key word with any disease is prevention, but our diets and environment are big contributors of our weakened immune systems, conventional cancer treatments weaken more the immune system in order to kill the cancer, if you are a 100% healthy person you may become a success story from conventional treatment.

But if you already have a compromised immune system is another story, the conventional treatments could kill the cancer but the big story that is never told is how you may die later on by what is call in the medical community as "treatment related illnesses", while you become a success story because your cancer is cure you will not live long enough to benefit.

Most natural treatments work better when the person has not been weakened by conventional medicine and most people will wait until too late to turn into natural treatments.

When the natural treatment do not work that is the stories that most people read as failures.

If this lady can bring a bill to the table in her state and have it passed to allow natural treatments for cancer other states could follow and that will mean more choices for people to select treatment that are not dictated by the government and big pharma.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Claiming that cancer is exclusively caused by a fungus suggests that she either has absolutely no idea what she's talking about or she's deliberately spreading misinformation. She actually lied twice because candida is not even a recognised carcinogen. Mind you, I do wonder that there might be a case in this respect, but that doesn't for a moment mean she was right about her claim. What really bothers me about this woman is that she clearly had a motive to deceive not just the public, but also inexperienced researchers who might wind up trying something on real patients.

In any case, at the moment I read this I thought of typical yeast. As it happens, the potential for yeast to destroy cancerous cells has been studied. I don't know how far the research went but the theory suggested that if yeast enters into a cancerous cell, fermentation could occur and would eventually grow beyond the size of the cell, thus destroying it. That makes sense, but I'm not sitting comfortably with the concept of introducing what is essentially a gamete into a cancer patient.

I also do not like the idea of them guzzling sodium bicarbonate without any consideration for the possible side-effects. While a healthy person might have no problems, cancer is not only complicated in itself but it is also not adequately understood. After drinking the solution, the patient is now potentially faced with imbalanced mineral levels, high pH and elevated oxygen and carbon dioxide, all on top of a compromised immune system.

So what if they are so unfortunate as to contract candida? Now I'm staring at the concept of yeast fermenting uncontrollably in the body, and if that were the case then we also have to consider what effects acetone and hydrogen sulphide might have.

Maybe I'm looking at this all wrong, I dunno...but this look like a weapon.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I use onion slices in my socks to get rid of high fevers. Slice an onion medium thickness. Place a slice on the outside of your ankle in your sock. Keep there for about an hour to two hours. Great fever reducer and yes, it has been used on myself, and I have used it on my daughter. My father used it on my sister when she had a 105 from Scarlet Fever and an Ice Bath in the ER couldn't reduce it! It's an old world Hungarian remedy my Grandmother brought over from Budapest...

Fascinating! And a new one on me. I'm gonna tell everybody I know about this. Wonder how in the world it works?

I honestly wish I knew. I tried doing a search, some links said something about the sulfur in the onion, which is certainly possible. Here's a CBS link you might enjoy of other home remedies from 2003! Some I've tried like the toothpaste on acne, without much success, but I haven't tried the other, so I don't know what might be successful and what might not be.

Home remedies

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join