It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if God got bored?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

“We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’? (John 10:33-34)

edit on 24-2-2015 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
What if God got pissed off?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
God could simply pack up his toy universe and go watch TV......

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
After eons of time he/she/it probably is bored. So invented all of this to have a new experience. You can not know good without knowing bad.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

He was mocking them by the way, not telling them they were actual Gods. They made themselves Gods in their law.

That was a tongue in cheek remark to get them to see the folly of their ways.

As for God being bored, why? Boredom is an offshoot of a limited intellect, I very much doubt God has a limited intellect haha.

You'll find that the zen 'philosopher' that is Alan Watts, who was actually a drunk and serial womaniser took a LOT of Biblical teachings out of context and applied his own brand of 'new age' philosophy over them. He's weirdly hung up on 'nothingness' like he wanted his own existence to end. If you listen closely, most of his lectures boil down to him trying to passively explain away his sordid past and alcoholic nature. Though he did, at times, say some profound things.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
ask him, do a google search, he is listening

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

He was mocking them by the way, not telling them they were actual Gods. They made themselves Gods in their law.

I'm sorry but you are wrong. The next two verses he says:

"if them he did call gods unto whom the word of God came, (and the writing is not able to be broken,)
of him whom the Father did sanctify, and send to the world, do ye say -- Thou speakest evil, because I said, Son of God I am?"

The words I bolded are Jesus referring to the scripture, which he quoted, to be infallible. He is making a reference to Psalm 82:6

"I said, ‘You are “gods”;
you are all sons of the Most High"

but this Psalm goes on to say that us gods will die like mere mortals because we walk about in darkness. Sinning, in Greek, means "to miss the mark". we are all sinning, or missing the point of life, and dying:

“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23).
“Truly the righteous attain life, but whoever pursues evil finds death” (Proverbs 11:19).
“The one who sins is the one who will die” (Ezekiel 18:4).
“(sinners) will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life” (Matthew 25:45).

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure God got bored once or twice.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg

Yes, but you ain't seen the Platt Billed Duckypuss...neither have I for that matter! just playing with words with the near same DNA.

Then, and after all, God must have done the same or similar having made us only in his likeness, and not his fortitude since we are supposed to all be sinners and die...except those who are not sinners and don't die, except he only made us in his likeness...so that means non-sinners die too. God is a right pain -in-the -ass at times, monkeying about.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
God creates to experience.
Boredom is a human construct.
God is not in us, we are in God.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

'Go to bed, God. You're drunk!'

Å99

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
God defenantly gets pissed off sometimes but wisdom to know the extent of damage went pissed off is critical.

I donno lol. I'm was pretty pissed off not that long ago. Family drama.

I guess all of humanity collectively is Gods family so i imagine he gets pissed off a lot.

But bored?
I guess it depends what you define as God honestly.
I think God is the E.T that created us.
And since we are made in their image its 100% plausible that they would get pissed off. Bored sometimes maybe but not for long, they figure out something to do.

Like playing pranks on humans, I don't think they would ever get bored of that.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Apparently that results in a genocidal flood and the carpet bombing of cities.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

As for God being bored, why? Boredom is an offshoot of a limited intellect, I very much doubt God has a limited intellect haha.

You'll find that the zen 'philosopher' that is Alan Watts, who was actually a drunk and serial womaniser took a LOT of Biblical teachings out of context and applied his own brand of 'new age' philosophy over them. He's weirdly hung up on 'nothingness' like he wanted his own existence to end. If you listen closely, most of his lectures boil down to him trying to passively explain away his sordid past and alcoholic nature. Though he did, at times, say some profound things.

Imagine someone taking Biblical passages out of context and applying their own philosophy to them. Unthinkable.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

the part of scripture jesus referred to in that selection goes on to say "But you will die like mere mortals, you will fall like every other ruler.”

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: akushla99

'Go to bed, God. You're drunk!'

Å99

Ha!

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

the part of scripture jesus referred to in that selection goes on to say "But you will die like mere mortals, you will fall like every other ruler.”

The whole scripture:

"The ‘gods’ know nothing, they understand nothing.
They walk about in darkness;
all the foundations of the earth are shaken.
“I said, ‘You are “gods”;
you are all sons of the Most High.’
But you will die like mere mortals;
you will fall like every other ruler.”

We are gods, but we die like mere mortals because we live in ignorance. Plato's cave allegory discusses this idea in further detail:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: ColeYounger

Apparently that results in a genocidal flood and the carpet bombing of cities.

and, perhaps, selfies?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

God has selfies?

That's one way to circumvent the 2nd Commandment.

top topics

join