It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine's "Ministry of Truth" is hiring Internet trolls (and spies?)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Ukraine's "Ministry of Truth" is hiring Internet trolls (and spies?)

The Ukrainian Ministry of Truth [officially the Ministry of Information Policy] debuted a new resource: i-army.org... There you can join the team of bots who will then proceed to troll the internet with their “objective” and “free” opinions.

Source

Brace yourselves, with already an abundant amount of US Shills, you will now also be confronted with hordes of Ukrainian ones after the UK just announced it`s going to flood the internet also.

"Kill Free Speech" with the flooding of Shills to make all message boards become unreadable and important information becomes buried because of it. Seeing how terrible moderators in general are in spotting differences between just opinions an actual Shills, it will be fun to watch which sites will survive the onslaught in the near future with having sufficiently adequate enough moderators who can keep boards readable.

It you were pissed because of the Charlie Hebdo attacks because you felt it was and attack on Free Speech, this is way more threatening to that as a few terrorists attacks...and this comes from our own governments !

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Russia is already doing it, what is wrong with Ukraine joining in?

Oh I see, it is because russia is "good" and the west is "evil".

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

Most people aren`t so stupid as to fall for the "internet is filled with Russian Shills narrative" to not understand what is behind that.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Those big bad Ukrainians! why don't they just give into Russian demands!

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
a reply to: infinityorder

Most people aren`t so stupid as to fall for the "internet is filled with Russian Shills narrative" to not understand what is behind that.

Yes because one has to be stupid to see that the net became full of people shilling for russia at the exact same time the russia Ukraine situation began.

Besides it is quite common knowledge russia has been propaganda campaigns since the commies took over, it never stopped.

It just evolved with the times.
edit on 24-2-2015 by infinityorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Those big bad Ukrainians! why don't they just give into Russian demands!

I know right, how dare they stand in the way of the most benevolent country in world history.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I wonder how you apply for those jobs and how well they pay. It would be a great way to subsidize retirement.

(post by TDawg61 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

A russian propaganda site which claimes ukraine is hiring internet trolls.
That is the joke of the day

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I wonder how you apply for those jobs and how well they pay. It would be a great way to subsidize retirement.

If they pay well enough I might give it a shake.

I like trolling anyway, fun way to pass my free time.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Want to be played by the TPTB ?

Keep letting them control you with fears by making you paranoid there are Russian Shills everywhere.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
To shill or not to shill. That is the question. For the right amount of money I would shill for anyone. Why, you may ask. Because if your dumb enough to fall for a shills shilling you deserve to be shilled. If all it takes is a poorly written tweet or message board post with no substance in it, with no proof in it, to change your mind. Then perhaps you may have a weak mind. In that case I prescribe a healthy dose of actual books instead of Youtube videos and blogs.

Anyways everyone on here is a shill bot 5000. There are only three real people on here. And I am pretty sure those three people are all split personalities of one person. And that one person is the dream of a planet sized turtle named Blitztard. And Blitztard is an illusion created by the devil. And the devil is a figment of your imagination.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

You really are becoming extremely obvious in your intent, you might want to cool it down a little to try to maintain at least some credibility lol

It's no secret that there are plenty of Russian bots out there signing up to every forum and every news site comment board ready to be alerted to any discussion over this, quickly jumping in with their own pro-Russian propaganda.

Anyone who operates a forum on the Internet, even forums completely unrelated to the subject, are seeing thousands of account creation attempts by the same Russian bots every month. I know this, because I operate more than one forum where this is happening, and they are completely unrelated to the situation in Ukraine.

I can't tell you how many IP's I've blocked from my servers to minimize the flood of Russian propagandists attempting to sign up.

Anyone with an ounce of common sense can see for themselves that Russia is operating a massive propaganda campaign, with exactly the same tactics across all forums and all comment systems. When a site like the Guardian publishes a story, there are quickly a hundred pro-Russian comments calling everyone "Nazis", denying Crimea was annexed, denying Russian involvement, accusing the UK and US of orchestrating everything...

Of course, when challenged with facts, they disappear or attempt to ignore the reality and distract with yet another ridiculous claim about the "evil West".

If it wasn't so pathetically obvious it could almost be considered impressive.

I fully expect the US, Ukraine and other allies to fight back against this tidal wave of nonsense, but then again they don't really need to considering the rest of the civilized world is well aware of what is happening. Every time the propaganda starts on site there are usually a handful of people pointing out that the "Russians have arrived" to derail and flood the discussion with BS.

People know what's going on, the masses are not as stupid as Russia seems to think. It can flood the Internet with as much BS as it likes and it will not change any minds worth changing.
edit on 24-2-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

To shill or not to shill. That is the question. For the right amount of money I would shill for anyone. Why, you may ask. Because if your dumb enough to fall for a shills shilling you deserve to be shilled. If all it takes is a poorly written tweet or message board post with no substance in it, with no proof in it, to change your mind. Then perhaps you may have a weak mind. In that case I prescribe a healthy dose of actual books instead of Youtube videos and blogs.

Anyways everyone on here is a shill bot 5000. There are only three real people on here. And I am pretty sure those three people are all split personalities of one person. And that one person is the dream of a planet sized turtle named Blitztard. And Blitztard is an illusion created by the devil. And the devil is a figment of your imagination.

How did you find out I was running shillnet?

That damned other personality of mine told you while I was sleeping didn't he?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

LOL they should come to ATS, there's a ton of members here who do it for free!

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder

originally posted by: rickymouse

If they pay well enough I might give it a shake.

I like trolling anyway, fun way to pass my free time.

I get sea sick easily.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

You really are becoming extremely obvious in your intent, you might want to cool it down a little to try to maintain at least some credibility lol

It's no secret that there are plenty of Russian bots out there signing up to every forum and every news site comment board ready to be alerted to any discussion over this, quickly jumping in with their own pro-Russian propaganda.

Anyone who operates a forum on the Internet, even forums completely unrelated to the subject, are seeing thousands of account creation attempts by the same Russian bots every month. I know this, because I operate more than one forum where this is happening, and they are completely unrelated to the situation in Ukraine.

I can't tell you how many IP's I've blocked from my servers to minimize the flood of Russian propagandists attempting to sign up.

Anyone with an ounce of common sense can see for themselves that Russia is operating a massive propaganda campaign, with exactly the same tactics across all forums and all comment systems. When a site like the Guardian publishes a story, there are quickly a hundred pro-Russian comments calling everyone "Nazis", denying Crimea was annexed, denying Russian involvement, accusing the UK and US of orchestrating everything...

Of course, when challenged with facts, they disappear or attempt to ignore the reality and distract with yet another ridiculous claim about the "evil West".

If it wasn't so pathetically obvious it could almost be considered impressive.

I fully expect the US, Ukraine and other allies to fight back against this tidal wave of nonsense, but then again they don't really need to considering the rest of the civilized world is well aware of what is happening. Every time the propaganda starts on site there are usually a handful of people pointing out that the "Russians have arrived" to derail and flood the discussion with BS.

People know what's going on, the masses are not as stupid as Russia seems to think. It can flood the Internet with as much BS as it likes and it will not change any minds worth changing.

It is because the Russian masses are so buffaloed because their media is state owned.

And people that speak out against Stalin....I mean Putin seem to magically get silenced, through the courts, or just trumped up charges, or intimidation.

They don't realize the west is different, we get to tell our "glorious leaders" what kind of douche bags they are, and we do t care if they like it.

Also the net is wide open in the west, where many find the truth themselves, and don't ever hear the propaganda.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

When a site like the Guardian publishes a story, there are quickly a hundred pro-Russian comments calling everyone "Nazis", denying Crimea was annexed, denying Russian involvement, accusing the UK and US of orchestrating everything...

Problem only is, it`s exactly the same at Dutch news sites which have no Russian Shills.

But kudos for admitting you have fallen for the paranoia campaign set off by Western Intelligence Services.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

When a site like the Guardian publishes a story, there are quickly a hundred pro-Russian comments calling everyone "Nazis", denying Crimea was annexed, denying Russian involvement, accusing the UK and US of orchestrating everything...

Problem only is, it`s exactly the same at Dutch news sites which have no Russian Shills.

But kudos for admitting you have fallen for the paranoia campaign set off by Western Intelligence Services.

Talk about paranoid...lol.

Every time you post you act like the west is hell bent on destroying russia...in fact as long as russia stays in it borders and doesnt attack its neighbors or steal their sovereign territory....nobody in the west even really thinks about russia.

Honestly, we in the west normally think about Russia once a year at best.

Russia is old news, nobody cares about, as long as they stay in russia.
edit on 24-2-2015 by infinityorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

So you admit that the rest of us are having to deal with Russian shills? Thanks, I appreciate the confirmation, although none was needed, most people here know the facts already.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join