It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's a riddle for you

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The closest I could get would be as follows: Turn the H into a Y. Turn O into Russian letter that looks like an x except it has a line running through it vertically centered which is "sh" sounding, I think. That (yx) is some translation in Russian for "no." Now.... this leaves you one match left over from Russian "no." Now turn the T into H by using the left over match from "x type letter" ....... E stays the same and L becomes a T. "yx HET" or no way !! in Russian. The boyfriend was Russian. Oh well, I don't know if I'm interpreting the original instructions correctly but that is as close as I got. reply to: Skid Mark

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

That's an interesting take on it. I hadn't thought of that.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

HOTEL

ROTEL

TROEL

TROLL

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

For some odd reason that made me think of the part in Clerks 2 where the guy was talking about Pillowpants.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Ha ha ha , the last line says she took one match out of IT . Catching on , my guess is the answer is T . So she will see him at the hotel for tea .
edit on 25-2-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Your guess is as good as mine. I think there could be any number of answers and you'd still be right.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

You have to take the I out of IT that leaves you with the letter T . Last line . She removed one matchstick out of IT . It does not say she took one matchstick out of hotel , people just assume that . Nothing to do with 15 matches . It was all about misdirection . or i could be wrong

T= Tea

Hotel for tea .

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

apart from the missing letter i the sentence is missing two words ( to and then ) so i think the whole puzzle is nonsensical

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
having looked this up on the internet, there seems to be several answers that are all equally convoluted and strained.

None that I've seen so far make any more or less sense in the way an answer to a riddle should, so ive now the opinion that the riddle is infact a waste of time and perhaps doesnt have a uniquely satisfactory answer.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I like the answer of taking one match stick and using it to burn up the rest of the matches. That was the answer - 'hell no!'

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Lol another arsonist. That's okay. I like playing with fire, too.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Could she be just messing with his mind? So that he will go and wait again the next time when he comes back to read her answer
I thought of it becuase it is said that he was already waiting in the hotel and was tired of it, went to her house and left her a message. So they must have been agreed to meet there before. And since he left the house before she removed a match, he is likely to come back to read it when he gets tired of waiting again.

But since it says nothing about rearranging and rotating letters, i`m not so sure...

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Remove the bottom of E

Put it with the L to make U

HOT F U

What she's going to give him at the Hotel.

(never said you couldn't put it back after removing it)

Of course, the smart person would also realize that since he's at the hotel, any message she left for him here would be pointless....

edit on 27-2-2015 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

That's a good one. Yeah, it would be pointless if he didn't intend on coming back.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join