It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's a riddle for you

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I saw this posted on facebook and I have to say that I'm stumped. I'm usually good at these things but for the life of me I just can't figure this out and it's driving me crazy. I just know that it's going to be nagging at my mind all day if somebody doesn't help solve it. So, what do you say, ATS? Will you put my mind at ease and tell me what I'm missing here? Thanks.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

well the spelling of waiting is missing the i , if that helps .

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tom.farnhill

I noticed that lol. I just can't figure out what word you get from removing one match stick from the word hotel. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
She used one match to set fire to the others?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
What if the guys name was Terry. As Tel is the shortened version of Terry all she had to do was take the middle match in the H and turn it diagonal and she wouyld answer NO Tel or NOTEL.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
She removed one match stick and then used it to set the hotel on fire. Just a guess

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I think the answer is "SEE U" which can be made with 14 matchsticks. (S=3, E=4, E=4, U=3) The S would be kind like a backwards Z but it would be legible.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
She could remove one match stick from the O and make an A, and rearrange the L to spell "HATE U."

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: newWorldSamurai
She removed one match stick and then used it to set the hotel on fire. Just a guess

Hey I said she'd use one match to burn the other matches, but you are quite clearly an arsonist!
Quietly sneaks off to dial 0800-I'm-tellin

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
she picked up one match stick and used it to type the message on her phone "you bloody idiot, you got the wrong day its tomorrow fool"

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Change the H to an N. Remove one stick from the L and add the other to the T to make a P to spell:
NOPE

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
www.bhavinionline.com...

Here is what some say. I really don't know if this is a cut and dried riddle..

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The grammar is so bad in this "riddle" that I highly doubt there's even a logical answer.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Usually riddles like this do not need to be analyzed in depth. So most of the answers given thus far, as well as the analyses conducted on the page Plotus linked, are probably incorrect. I have no clue myself, but the idea of setting fire to the other matches would be in keeping with the type of answer that is usually correct for these kinds of riddles.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

a reply to: newWorldSamurai

You two really like fire lol. If I was the guy I'd take that to be a firm "NO".

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

That makes sense. It didn't say anything about rearranging them but I can see that. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Battlefresh
The grammar is so bad in this "riddle" that I highly doubt there's even a logical answer.

I know it is. I was too absorbed in the riddle to pay much attention to it, which is how distracted I was by it. I hate bad grammar.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Thanks for all the comments. I really didn't expect so many. I'm beginning to think the answer has to be a date or time, like a couple people on here suggested. Again, thanks. You're all awesome.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
There is no answer...

It's not a riddle it's a Psyop...

imo...

I say this because I cheated and used google and there are other more elaborate & lengthy versions that say it spells out an anniversary date and some other junk answers to each different version...

The one in the OP is a shortened version designed to keep people up at night or piss them off throughout the day with no possible answer to such a vague story.

imo...

Or, she burned something down as has been stated.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join