It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Mayboline Does Not Understand the Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
A man sends his child to get singing lessons. The man s an atheist because his wife died giving birth. The voice teacher gives them a religious song to practice for the "winter musical" not a "Christian musical". The judge doesn't understand how the man does not believe in God and heaven, that is what the argument turned to id why does he not believe. The judge couldn't believe he didn't believe in god. Now she is making it about the children having to change the song, big deal. I would be pissed too if I were him. Now the problem is that he didn't talk to the teacher in person and instead sent an email. Judgement for defendant, she gets to push her religion through her singing classes. Someone needs to talk to this ignorant woman that is referred to as a judge. If it were a muslim song, the judgement would have been for the plaintiff.
edit on 24-2-2015 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
it really helps if you put sources when you post.
i tried all sorts of things and came up empty handed. Where did you read this? is it from personal experience?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

If it were a muslim song, the judgement would have been for the plaintiff.

Or any religion but the "right one".

Separation of Church and state, whats that?

That means got to church on Sunday and rule the world Monday thru Saturday.

But, if God is in charge of everything doesn't he also run the government? Thats why they should be separate, when the church and state are one you get the Middle Ages.

Heresy.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I'm having a hard time comprehending your story. Are you saying that a man brought his kid in for singing lessons, didn't like the song the teacher wanted his kid to sing, tried to make her change the song through the courts, and the judge ruled in favor of the teacher?

Was this a public school? Private school?

Links?

edit on 24-2-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Sounds like a private singing lesson to me, the teacher can teach anything they like, the guy can go somewhere else, he isn't obligated to go there.

"The judge couldn't believe the guy doesn't believe in god or heaven".

That is what I have a problem with.

How brainwashed is the judge? Lots and lots of folks don't believe in god or heaven.

How is that so hard to understand?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I don't believe in unicorns, but it makes me so mad when people sing about them.

You realize that's how ridiculous that sounds, right?

If you don't believe in something, then there's no reason to be upset.
edit on 24-2-2015 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aldakoopa
I don't believe in unicorns, but it makes me so mad when people sing about them.

You realize that's how ridiculous that sounds, right?

If you don't believe in something, then there's no reason to be upset.

I would agree, I am not religious but talk about the bible and god with my christian daughter.

Just because I don't believe in something doesn't mean others can't or even shouldn't.

I don't believe in Santa, but really enjoy Christmas songs about the fat old fella.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder

Sounds like a private singing lesson to me, the teacher can teach anything they like, the guy can go somewhere else, he isn't obligated to go there.

"The judge couldn't believe the guy doesn't believe in god or heaven".

That is what I have a problem with.

How brainwashed is the judge? Lots and lots of folks don't believe in god or heaven.

How is that so hard to understand?

Oh, I see your point now.

Yeah... That's a problem.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
However this is not a government court proceeding. It is arbitration. The people who go to these "court" shows drop their cases in civil court. Since this is private arbitration, there is no case of separation of church and state. I mean the plaintiffs and defendants get paid to go on these shows. And besides, people watch these shows to see other get slammed or put down. It is TV programming at it's "finest".

new topics

top topics

join