It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metrolink Commuter train strikes truck, derails in Oxnard California

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Breaking news of a train crash in Oxnard ,Ventura County between a Metrolink commuter train and a truck , reports that the train has derailed and several carriages are on their side with reports of more than 30 people injured.

The VC Line 102 train, which was headed southbound to Los Angeles, hit the car around 5:45 a.m. near 5th Street and Rice Avenue in Oxnard, according to the Ventura County Fire Department.
“For some reason there was a tractor trailer on the tracks there at Rice Avenue and Train 102 collided with it,” said Scott Johnson of Metrolink.
The truck caught fire and four train cars derailed.
At least 30 people have been injured and taken to Ventura County Medical Center or St. John’s Hospital in Oxnard, Metrolink said. It was unclear if there were any fatalities.
losangeles.cbslocal.com...

edit on 24-2-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
on my news station they are reporting one death also along with the 30 injured. I have not seen any valid confirmation about the death though. sad tragedy.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Oh no, I live nearby that is such a shame... the public transit in Socal is suffering enough, this will not help with public opinion of Trains.... its going to be the new norm "look what happened in oxnard"
I hope everyone involved has a quick recovery.. wtf was a tractor doing in the middle of the tracks? There are tons of farms it's not an unusual thing, the driver should have known better..

Won't stop me from taking that train though! It goes from Santa Barbara to San Diego, if you have ever made that drive in LA traffic the train is a Godsend. I really hope this is not over hyped to make the train seem unsafe.

new topics

join