It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery tunnel discovered near Pan Am Games venue

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
If it was a drug set up I don't imagine it was for anything like Marijuana. Imagine the gas spent and how many generators you would go through just to power the amount of light needed. Portable generators aren't meant to run hours and hours on end, unless you just want to burn one up.

Who knows maybe they were idiots but to dig a bunker and secure it from collapsing on you isn't a small feat and not something I would usually think an imbecile could accomplish.

The excess dirt could have been spread out evenly on the forest floor and you really wouldn't have to haul it off. Leaves could have been raked over what was visible.
Edit: The dirt was found right outside the doorway of this tunnel, bunker thingy.
edit on 24-2-2015 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Police news conference soon.

Video of reporter climbing fence here [Link]

Ha.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Ray Boisvert, CEO of risk mitigation firm ISECIS and a former assistant director of intelligence at the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), said he's concerned the tunnel was dug with "potentially malicious" goals. "Nobody would build something like that without a specific purpose," Boisvert told CBC Radio's Metro Morning. That purpose could be to launch an attack against York University or the Pan Am Games, he says, especially because the tunnel doesn’t seem to be the work of a survivalist nor a drug producer.

So Ray seems to think it's not "a survivalist nor a drug producer". This just got way more conspiratorial. The article goes on to say they knew about it for 5 weeks now and I guess were waiting for the perp(s) to show back up.

There was also a wheel barrel and a sump pump. The wheel barrel I get but the sump pump? Maybe for when it rained or run off from melting snow? There was no water source to use the pump for drilling purposes was there? Hmmm!?

I guess Toronto police Deputy Chief Mark Saunders answers the question about all the dirt. A big ole mountain of it right in front of the doorway! They placed sound blocking material in front of the door but left a red gas tank on top of the dirt pile?
They weren't going through great lengths to hide this location so no wonder it was eventually found.

I'm guessing at least two people are involved. Sure one person could have done this but with all the wood used in the structure I'm going to say they had help carrying it all in.

If it was just one person then we are looking at one dedicated individual. Not a Lone Wolf but more like a Lone Mole.

edit on 24-2-2015 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
They had the conference, they're still updating the page: CBC link

As they noted it's too professional to be done by drug traffickers or terrorists simply looking to move through it... and it is highly suspicious that they just filled it in! I mean, wouldnt proper detective work set up a sting operation, put trail cameras around and wait until the people came back to finish it?!

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Also interesting to note they found a rosary and poppy in it... leading commenters to speculate it was a catholic pedo tunnel

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
My theories: someone looking to grow some 'shrooms. Teenagers looking for somewhere to party, or homeless looking for somewhere to sleep.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

That's weird. What the significance of the poppy?

And thanks for the updates....
edit on 2/24/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
var version=2; var webServer="http://64.71.255.194";Bulletin("policy=351&category=ByteCap-100&");

Police said they are the ones who broke the fence. They said it had been intact.
edit on 24-2-2015 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive
The pump would be for groundwater..dig down and eventualy you will hit water.
Interesting story.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Poor Wally can't hide anywhere in peace.

Where was it in relation to the venue? Was it dug under or towards it? Not hard to pack a tunnel with explosives and level everything above it.

it's been done in Syria and Afghanistan.

One was used on a Mastiff armoured vehicle and it was the only time ISAF had suffered fatalities in one of the armoured vehicles.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Probably just a post 2012 survival tunnel, abandoned after 'the date' came and went without incident.

Near a Uni, so my guess is a group of engineering students built it as an emergency hideaway.

Of course, it's always possible this was built by a group of...ahem...botany students for the growing of certain herbs.
edit on 24-2-2015 by MysterX because: added info

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Well IMHO, this was a work in progress and abandoned when it was discovered. It's not difficult to see footprints in the snow coming from another direction and going straight to the entrance.

I would discount explosive type of planning, as anti-corrosive nails were used, so it was not being built for a one-time disposal purpose. Some kind of underground bunker? Anyone remember Dead Poets' Society? Thing is, if it were students doing this as a gathering place, would they be able to afford the generator, cables, all building equipment and be so meticulous?

What I find most baffling is that if it was intended to be kept secret, why leave a huge mound of dirt next to the entrance? Were they intending on seeding it somehow come spring, or move the dirt when the weather improved? Perhaps the builder was overconfident and never dreamt he or they would be discovered?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

Very interesting! I've read about an underground base in Toronto, maybe this is part of it ?

"So far no suspects have been identified" from the article lol, of course not..also they filled it in right away

Something fishy is going on and they covered it up by filling it in

If you really believe they filled this in right away you are nuts! That is clearly a cover to see if the person who made it goes back to see if it is filled in! That place will have thousands of cameras waiting for the person to come back, then the interrogation begins...Waterboard anyone? Guantanamo much? Wow, I went from a hole in the ground to Guantanamo in a matter of seconds....LOL

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Nah...now it's all over the news and out in the open, anyone could claim they were just curious to see the mystery tunnel...even the builders.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
Also interesting to note they found a rosary and poppy in it... leading commenters to speculate it was a catholic pedo tunnel

Or something along the lines of 'The Collector', but perhaps with more evil intentions.

www.imdb.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I can tell people didnt read the news... they discounted drug trafficking/production outright. And I already said it doesnt fit the bill too much... one would expect it to be bigger, less professional, and on private property if it had to do with drugs.

Remembrance day, its a pin that we wear. Also the rosary was apparently nailed to the wall. Food and drink containers too, lots of time was evidently spent on the tunnel.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Nah...now it's all over the news and out in the open, anyone could claim they were just curious to see the mystery tunnel...even the builders.

I wouldn't go check it out....But that is just me

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight
Hm thats creepy... but again it wouldnt make much sense to place it in public, where anyone walking through that small forest can hear the victim. And the generator lights - when people are tortured they're usually left in the dark (sensory deprivation speeds up conditioning)...

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
Hm thats creepy... but again it wouldnt make much sense to place it in public, where anyone walking through that small forest can hear the victim. And the generator lights - when people are tortured they're usually left in the dark (sensory deprivation speeds up conditioning)...

Would not the lights be for the benefit of the torturer?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Not only is that crazy expensive, with a greater risk of discovery from the generator noise (in this case the police noted it seemed to be deliberately suppressed), but then the theoretical person inside would have access to the lights too. Would be just as effective to bring a portable spotlight or modern lantern. Well, lets stop this conversation now, getting too disturbing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join