It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Know More About Middle East Turmoil Than You Do

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
That seems to be the impression I get when I read a post about anything having to do with isis and then read the comments, all of a sudden ATS has experts just like in the religious and Alien forums . If You were to read all of the comments having to do with that stuff, its clear that no one has a clue. How could anyone? All of the different regimes in all of those different countries having backroom deals with this country and that country, all different religions, the diversity of the citizens, the ability to blend in as well as videography going on, doing this or not doing it to prevent helping someone that needs it but it may piss off someone else, what country can and cant fight, what will happen if they do fight, the lying media, fake or not fake videos and news, left vs right for political purposes, agenda pushing,. Very complex if You ask me, knowing the answers to that fight would require a time machine. Please stop the "I know for a fact and you dont" , Im mean your free to say what you want as long as you don't piss off a mod but its much pleasurable to read a non obnoxious comment.
edit on 23-2-2015 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Have you been out there? have you even stepped foot outside your city or state. Or have you even left your house in the last month?

Maybe you just dont have a clue because you really dont have a clue.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I always wonder why some take such joy in the horrid things that they are expert in, that's a pretty gruesome topic. I'm not ashamed to say I can't always finish those threads.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: tastyrawmeat
I think the OP is not talking about himself but about the posters of the subjects on ATS. I actually believe he's right as the majority of posters are only repeating bits of information(or propaganda) that they've heard and really have no concrete evidence either way but postulate it as the TRUTH.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

its clear that no one has a clue. How could anyone?

People unravel the truth with keen observational powers and discipline. It takes time. Sometimes it takes years. Many people are investing that time because they realize the veneer of corporate media is 100% rubbish.
edit on 23-2-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: spelling

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The simple fact that a reader takes the time to care and make an opinion in political issues is more than most people do. Understanding the history behind the current events takes even more time than I see the general public do.

OP you're one step ahead of the so called experts as far as I can see. You haven't closed your mind.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I believe the fact that we really can't understand it all nor have the actual information without it being written and re-written by agendas makes me an expert in saying that most of us really have no idea as to what is going on completely.

Much of the info is tainted already and then we add a personal opinion or 2 with a little hearsay so that we have only a general idea.

Of this I am absolutely 100% certain.

Peace

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

As a citizen of the USA, I can tell you that this country if full of crap, the president, the ones who came before him, and congress are all full of crap,.....the media is full of crap, and the 9/11 Commission was full of crap:

So, when the prez, the media, congress, and the hypertensively obese citizens of this great nation tell us to go kill some arabs in the ME for revenge over 9/11,, yeah....I'm motivated to doubt all the crap they're trying to fill me with.

Trust me, Im a professional Merikan citizen.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I will state unequivocally that I am no expert on what is going on in the Middle-East. I could never understand the wanton destruction of property nor the harming of innocent human beings.
edit on 2015/2/23 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Amen brother, Amen.

Nobody here wants to discuss anything. Everyone is an expert on the matter, and knows more than you do by default.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Everyone is an expert on the matter, and knows more than you do by default.

Some of us might actually sometimes argue from a position of "knowing", simply attempting to "weed out" those that are totally bs'ing from those that actually have a clue. We learn from this, and later argue from positions of "knowing better"....

...there is no "everyone" here. Myriad opinions at ATS.
(I rather like it that way)

ETA: ...but I did S&F anyways, because in many ways I agree (because some don't just "come across" that way, they truly are that way_)

edit on 23-2-2015 by Jakal26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

I don't believe I truly need to do this, but I will.

When I said everyone, I was exaggerating. But, it was to make a point. The point being that it is usually the case that the kind of response the OP was referring to can almost always be anticipated if not expected.

As a result, I have become rather reluctant to post or respond to much of what is posted here.

Goodnight, and goodbye.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Star...
..because I know exactly what you are/were talking about.

Was just saying....that was truly all.

No offense/harm intended...

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

Fair enough, my friend. Let's put on some body condoms and fist bump!

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Well, it's called "study," friend. some people really do put effort into learning history, politics, and the like. I'll grant there are also people who think glancing at the MSNBC or Fox news scroll is going to make them sharp-minded and keen-witted on the subject.

But your argument - that you find the subject hopelessly confusing and so nobody could possibly understand it - is pretty flawed.

Sorry. I probably do know more about the middle east - turmoil and otherwise - than you do. And there are very probably people much more informed on it than I, and in turn people who know more than THOSE people. And so on and so forth.

It doesn't take a time machine, unless you consider text a form of time machine (which isn't totally inaccurate, honestly). If you can read, parse, compare, and examine, and if you have the desire to do so, you can figure this stuff out readily. The information is there, you just have to make the effort to find it, and htne to understand it.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The irony in saying that he finds other posts obnoxious but insults the entire world with his topic.

new topics

top topics

join