It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where's the PAK-FA and the J-20?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

Not in armor at all.
Their ground systems traditionally suck ,because they prefer numbers over technical supremacy there.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Well..

pay some attention to this info graphic

full size

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SajeevJino

No, they're only getting 65. They're going to put 18 into each of three squadrons and use the leftover aircraft as trainers.

m.ibtimes.co.in...
edit on 8/26/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

No, they're only getting 65. They're going to put 18 into each of three squadrons and use the leftover aircraft as trainers.

m.ibtimes.co.in...

65 or 67 PAK FA units ..still no IAF officials confirmed it

as first it's reported 250 PAK FA Variants, then it downsized into 144 units, just month ago unconfirmed reports states IAF would buy only 67 PAK FA

my early post

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

If you've followed Indian procurement they'll almost have no choice, confirmation or no. Every program they've tried to do has gone through major cuts or cancelation, usually because they took so long to negotiate there were huge cost overruns. This program is no different.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The F-22 will have ben in service for 15 years, with commensurate wear and tear, experience, and development, by 2020, and in greater numbers.

I'm going with these aircraft not being a great threat to "the west".

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

Few will not acknowledge that. The Russians can build some scary ass missiles. If the platforms matched 'em, there'd be an issue big time.

I'm curious to see what the Japanese finally come up with...stands to reason it'll be impressive, if they do it in conjunction with the South Koreans? Maybe even better.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Japan has an equivalent to the K-77M in production, and will fly their first home designed LO platform in the near future. It's only a tech demonstrator but will teach them a lot. They'll alsobe equipping their F-35As with it, and a lot more interestingly will be working with the UK to upgrade the guidance system of the Meteor.

The K-77M is scary as hell and has kicked some serious Western ass in simulations.
edit on 8/27/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The Koreans are/were working on something as well, or so my limited, admittedly, reading informs me.

Where are they at?

It's more fun to ask you then to look for it myself...though the hints you throw out do get me busy occasionally.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

The KF-X. It's not going well. They delayed it in 2010, then again until June of last year. F-33 Block 1 would have an RCS similar to an F-18 or Typhoon and similar performance to a Block 50 Viper.

The Block 2 would include internal weapons bays and a somewhat reduced RCS, and both would include a Korean AESA and weapons under development. There's a good chance it won't ever happen though. It's not supposed to fly until at least 2020.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

So it's a gen. 4 and a little bit, huh? ...and by 2020, any prospective opponent will be flying true gen. five. Meaning China, or Russia. I don't see either of them letting little kim have any...

Were I them, I'd see about hooking up with Japan, and helping defray costs a bit...

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Yeah, it falls between a 4+ and 4.5.

They'd be smart to but with their history if be shocked if they did.

It's time to start watching Japan for the ATD-X to fly. They were supposed to fly in March, but they ran into problems with the ECU software. They're supposed to fly by the end of the year.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

ATD-X is very interesting. How close would you compare it to the raptor? Seeing as how that is what Japan originally wanted.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Bfirez

Not close, but I'd be willing t to bet it's going to be an impressive first effort.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Not close as in different mission set? Or more not close as in tech demonstrator vs. production model?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Bfirez

Not close as the F-22 is third generation white world stealth, and ATD-X is a first attempt. You don't go from 0 to Mach 3 in one attempt.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Gotchya. Thanks for the clarification.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

If you've followed Indian procurement they'll almost have no choice, confirmation or no. Every program they've tried to do has gone through major cuts or cancelation, usually because they took so long to negotiate there were huge cost overruns. This program is no different.

Agreed that, almost all deals with foreign military put on Hold, even the AH 64 deal postponed 12th time as of now .

Simply i've no idea what the Cabinet and finance ministry doing

Defence Acquisition Council clears almost all deals ..It's the Cabinet and Finance Ministry take years to allocate fund s

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Every story about India’s Air Force, whether it’s a crashed plane or a new fighter being considered for purchase, stresses the falling number of squadrons. Now the IAF has around 32 to 35 squadrons, with the number varying from source to source. It needs up to ten more if it’s to hold off a joint attack by China and Pakistan, who’ve been allies since the mid 1960s.

Given such a scenario and the hold it would seem to have over Indian thinking you’d think money would be no object, only Monahar Parrikar seems determined to ensure value for money down to the last penny. The Defence Minister’s disapproving tone could heard behind every setback in the Rafale deal and even when his boss, Narendra Modi, signed a deal for 36 Rafales, twice the number France was set to supply, it’s Parrikar you’re betting against if you think that number will rise.

fighterjetnews.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The US usually has some ultra secret aircraft that the public doesn't know about. I would be willing to bet that there is more in the inventory than the F-22 and F-35. We did not know about the stealth helicopters used to take out Bin Laden, and would not have known about them had one not crashed. You never know, there could be a production version of the YF-23 hidden within skunk works for all we know.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join