It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox does it again..women should not ruin the oscars by asking for equal rights.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

The problem is that it never seems to be enough change at a fast enough rate.

Look at where women have come from the 1950s, and tell me that things aren't improving. They are, and have dramatically in a 50-year timespan. If you want to invoke the history of the human race, I think half a century is a pretty damn quick adjustment when you're talking hundreds of thousands of years engrained into the human psyche concerning the different roles of women and men.

So, I don't see a problem, because one does not exist--the only problem is seen from those who can't accept the fact that, as generations change, so will the problems. As the baby-boomer generation is replaces by the Gen-Xers, then Millenials (god help us all at that point), we will see people either put their money where their ideological mouths are, or see all the discussions as having been serving no real purpose.

We'll see, but a virtue that gets lost in all of these cries for change is patience...it'll happen, and is happening, and has been happening.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: InfinityandBeyond
Where is this unequal pay? Plenty of woman who work at my place of business make more than I do. I always read "woman should make money equally" but where are these places?

Funny you should ask. One is the Obama administration, where the woman make 13% less than the men.
www.cbsnews.com...

Another was the Hilary Sec of State administration where the women were paid 18% less than the men.
freebeacon.com...

Ironic eh?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: amazing

The problem is that it never seems to be enough change at a fast enough rate.

Look at where women have come from the 1950s, and tell me that things aren't improving. They are, and have dramatically in a 50-year timespan. If you want to invoke the history of the human race, I think half a century is a pretty damn quick adjustment when you're talking hundreds of thousands of years engrained into the human psyche concerning the different roles of women and men.

So, I don't see a problem, because one does not exist--the only problem is seen from those who can't accept the fact that, as generations change, so will the problems. As the baby-boomer generation is replaces by the Gen-Xers, then Millenials (god help us all at that point), we will see people either put their money where their ideological mouths are, or see all the discussions as having been serving no real purpose.

We'll see, but a virtue that gets lost in all of these cries for change is patience...it'll happen, and is happening, and has been happening.

But that is the problem. Why should we have to wait. If somethings not right change it now.

I run a business. If somethings now right, I change it, right away! I help run a family. If somethings not fair or working out, we change it.

There is a problem. Not everyone experiences it or is effected by it, but millions are, so screw patience. Just fight to change it right now. Why wait? Life is too short.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
But that is the problem. Why should we have to wait. If somethings not right change it now.

I run a business. If somethings now right, I change it, right away! I help run a family. If somethings not fair or working out, we change it.

There is a problem. Not everyone experiences it or is effected by it, but millions are, so screw patience. Just fight to change it right now. Why wait? Life is too short.

The owner of a business is a dictator--of course that individual can make changes in response to things he/she perceives as a problem. In a large society, where people hold different views, have different levels of acceptance or stubbornness, etc., it's not that simple.

Why wait? Because we don't have a dictator in charge, we are not his employees, and we have 318,900,000 citizens who aren't autonomous robots who think exactly the same.

That's why.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
You know, it's really about the appropriateness of the timing for me. I'm all for talking about this kind of thing, but the Oscars is basically a really fancy, really televised party, and it's just bad form to drag politics into that situation.

There is a time and a place to discuss this kind of thing, and the Oscars is simply not it.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AnIntellectualRedneck

I think this is rubbish, music, television and film award shows have always been places where people campaigned, why change that now just because people dont like the fact it's a woman campaigning for equal pay.
It seems more the issue, than anything else thats upset people.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
we quibble about womens rights here where there may or may not be a minuscule difference in pay for various reasons....

The left like to call conservatives out as having a "war on women"

Meanwhile conservatives are the only ones wanting to do something about the men over seas subjugating women, stoning them to death for "adultery" raping little girls, and killing women for wanting to learn........

All while the left sits on their hands and points fingers like a 5 year old on the playground......

Hypocrites, the REAL war on women is right in front of you and you refuse TO NAME ITS OPPRESSORS, or choose instead to ignore or placate them!!

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

originally posted by: InfinityandBeyond
Where is this unequal pay? Plenty of woman who work at my place of business make more than I do. I always read "woman should make money equally" but where are these places?

Funny you should ask. One is the Obama administration, where the woman make 13% less than the men.
www.cbsnews.com...

Another was the Hilary Sec of State administration where the women were paid 18% less than the men.
freebeacon.com...

Ironic eh?

but they wont address those stats bud, it doesnt fall in line with the agenda......thats how you can always tell its an agenda and a talking point to try and curry votes

When they refuse to address the glaring hypocrisy in their own parties......theres no genuine concern from them....just another reason to "protest"

This whole liberal ideology is nothing but a movement by people who just want to pretend to be morally superior while holding their signs.....

They dont want to really fix anything they just want to be perceived as more intelligent and more importantly they want to be perceived as "right"

Again , case in point, i defer back to the issues with a religion thats killing its women with stones and raping little girls.....

Not a peep from them to really stop those attrocities.......

They do the same thign with gay rights.......those monsters are throwing gays off buildings, what do we hear from the left?

Conservatives hate gays!

Umm really then why are we trying to come up with a plan to stop ISIS , who throwing them off BUILDINGS, while you make excuses for them like "Oh they just need jobs!"

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

My understanding from this thread was that White women got 74c in the dollar and black women 64 c in the dollar compared to white men. This is not miniscule, why forget the fight at home because there is a war abroad.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join