It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings, just joined.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Hi,

I just joined ATF on a whim. I've been looking for a forum where I can delve into topics that no one else seems to be interested in.

A little about me...
I'm 22, female. Currently attending university for Communications. Interests include the paranormal, spiritual realms, history, comedy, current affairs, religion, conspiracies, and creative writing.

Full disclosure.

I have schizophrenia. If my nurse/psychiatrist knew I was participating on this forum she would find it very concerning. Despite years of therapy and medication, I've retained a lot of my "strange" beliefs. Hoping to post here about them and not be written off as delusional, because I'm honestly not. I'm on meds, in therapy, and I challenge any of you to get into a debate with me. I'm perfectly lucid. I realize I'm probably coming across as overly defensive in this simple introduction, but that's what being diagnosed as schizophrenic does to you.

That being said, if you were ever interested in learning about schizophrenia from a firsthand perspective, I have a blog that chronicles my recovery from the point of hospitalization up til today. (www.queenofthewhirl.com) I'm not trying to self-promote; I thought it might be of interest because several readers of my blog have e-mailed me to ask me if I'm involved with the illuminati.

Anyway, I can't think of anything else to write. So to sum it up, hello, nice to meet you, I'm sane I swear.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofthewhirl

Welcome to ATS!

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Hi. From one queen to the other: Hell-Oh!
Don't let the man ruin your mind. Feel huged an cherrished. Studying communications sure should be an advance when you undertake your endeavours here...

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Don't let the man ruin your mind.

Well they haven't succeeded yet. I'm not very submissive. They kind of hate that.

Thanks for the welcomes

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Greetings from Japan!

We're all a little nuts here! I think you'll find a good, non-judgemental home here. Happy posting!

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to ya. Nice to meet you I'm sure.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

id like to conduct a study and determine the average number of replies for female introductions versus males

hiii
edit on 23-2-2015 by miomo because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2015 by miomo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: miomo

id like to conduct a study and determine the average number of replies for female introductions versus their male counterparts

Heh heh. I know what you mean. I've posted on other forums before (Roll It Up for one, back when I smoked pot) and it's very common to attract attention as soon as people become aware that I'm female. Doesn't even matter what I look like, if I'm vapid or cruel, just that I possess a vagina and breasts. That being said, I'm sure we're all evolved enough to know that women can contribute to a conversation without flaunting their sexuality.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

im sorry did you say something?

be well

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

See i knew i would like you right away...

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Welcome and greeting from all. I'm sure you'll fit in well.

I'm also sure you will find some thread you can take part in, there is something for everybody!

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
You joined ATF? Got yourself a government job?

Welcome to the site.

Being skitzo means you have a tendency to believe in things that are not real. Like the stability of our economy or the honesty of the pharmaceutical companies that make the pills to treat skitzo. I'm actually starting to think that the people who are considered normal and believe in this society actually are the ones who are skitzo.

edit on 23-2-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Good for you for going back to school and trying to integrate into society. I was diagnosed schizoaffective at age 21 and never evolved enough outside societal connections to have an official foundation outside the stereotyped "downtrodden" and disabled lifestyle. There are a few reasons for that. Mostly I think I avoid it and have interpreted the standard 9 to 5 world as an enemy. This is probably cognitive dissonance. Plus I always assumed the world would just crap out one day anyways, and if I am supposedly disabled, why bother trying?

So again, I applaud your efforts to still get educated and make it work for yourself. "The courage to come back".

Welcome to ATS!

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Hay Little Lady,

I am just giggling.
Who is actualy sane?

This is ATS, Welcome Aboard, fasten your seetbelt, take a dive.
Thank You for joining I hope we meet your expectations.
Bring it on.
WIS

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I'd say any website can be bad for your mental health sooner or later - the reason? It always becomes an obsessive addiction. Then you are constantly checking in and your world starts to revolve around it. For that reason I'd recommend limited doses of ATS activity. Specific times, and preferably no more than 12 hours a day! LOLOL

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: corsair00
Good for you for going back to school and trying to integrate into society. I was diagnosed schizoaffective at age 21 and never evolved enough outside societal connections to have an official foundation outside the stereotyped "downtrodden" and disabled lifestyle. There are a few reasons for that. Mostly I think I avoid it and have interpreted the standard 9 to 5 world as an enemy. This is probably cognitive dissonance. Plus I always assumed the world would just crap out one day anyways, and if I am supposedly disabled, why bother trying?

So again, I applaud your efforts to still get educated and make it work for yourself. "The courage to come back".

Welcome to ATS!

Thank you.
I have very strong supports in place. Benefit of being born in the right time and place, to the right family. The mental healthcare in my city is top in the country (Canada). That being said, it's never too late to try to get your # in order. If education is something you'd like to pursue, I'm sure you can make it happen. You seem intelligent.

But I don't believe university or college is the right path for everyone. Some people find their callings elsewhere and through other means. Just look out for you.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
I am just giggling.
Who is actualy sane?

Good point. Reality is a mystery.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Greetings and welcome to ATS

top topics

join