It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dangerous and Destructive Mythology of American Exceptionalism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Before the U.S the world was rather brutal...and sad to say, that is an under statement BUT people here only know a world with the U.S in it and gosh, that is only going from recorded history. The other day, i was thinking i can only IMAGINE the things we dont know about or people were so ruthless as to keep hidden.

So yes, who know how many wars this world would have seen without the U.S. History would point to many though.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Harvin

oh so that is what your government tells you good to know. the rest of the world didn't get the memo

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Is that what they teach in American schools? How ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: infinityorder

in America we speak american English. In england it is "the queens" English, and in Aussie land....they just do what they want.( though to be honest Australian English is about 5 times closer to English English than American English)

I had to LOL at this, being an Aussie I admit we have a unique way of using the English language.

No hard feelings "mate" we all abuse "the queens" English equally.

Different land, different dialect.

We do use the same words... But the meanings are much different.

In america, when talking to a female the C word( dorogatory for a female sex organ) is honestly flat out the end all, you might even get shot stabbed or beaten with a blunt object over it, in England they throw it around like candy.

Not sure how that works down there for you guys never been...too far, all that water scares me honestly....besides every single lifeform in your country is deadly...every snake bite dead in minutes.. Every fish is poison or will eat you( great whites...haws ruined them for me) ( oh and the blue ringed octopus, and the cobr snail......not cool at all).

Oh even the ones that look cute and cuddly like mangos....beat you to death.....don't get me started on the plant life....

You guys are baddassed just to be alive.

Nobody messes with you crazy Aussies for a reason.... Japan tried once... That turned out well for them....not really.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I love that you think nazis were defeated by America I lought at u actually go have a look in your history book

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: infinityorder

just first and only on the moon a dozen times mind you.

You can thank Nazi Germany, operation paperclip, Von Braun and Grand-daddy Bush for being first on the moon.

And you can thank them also for being the first (and only) country to Nuke another country, twice, because they did not surrender fast enough.

I love the geography of America, it is almost as beautiful as Australia. I also love the American folks - on an individual level.

I cannot articulate into words how much I loathe your government, your thug limited IQ cops, your politicians (Ron Paul excepted), your forked-tongued Lawyers and your deceitful banking cartels.

Well brother...that about summed up the average Americans life right there.

Wish you had elaborated more, you were dead on target at 1,000 meters so far...

God I gate this place sometimes.....

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

No, actually i spend a lot of time READING. Interestingly enough these days it is very easy to do...it call the intatet.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   

I love the fanny slang us and Aussie is different right? like I slapped her on fanny (Say whaaattt?)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

In america, when talking to a female the C word( dorogatory for a female sex organ) is honestly flat out the end all, you might even get shot stabbed or beaten with a blunt object over it, in England they throw it around like candy.

Not sure how that works down there for you guys never been...

Swearing is a part of the Aussie language lol. The "C" word no more or less than any other.

too far, all that water scares me honestly....besides every single lifeform in your country is deadly...every snake bite dead in minutes.. Every fish is poison or will eat you( great whites...haws ruined them for me) ( oh and the blue ringed octopus, and the cobr snail......not cool at all).

Oh even the ones that look cute and cuddly like mangos....beat you to death.....don't get me started on the plant life....

You guys are baddassed just to be alive.

Nobody messes with you crazy Aussies for a reason.... Japan tried once... That turned out well for them....not really.

The Japs landed on our northern shores, spent 2 weeks trying to find civilisation, got lost, turned back and never returned - except that one time when they tried to get subs into Sydney Harbour and we politely blew them out of the water.

Not EVERY animal, insect and plant here is deadly, but in all fairness yeah we have a country full of things that want to kill you in horrible ways! Part of our early education in primary school is centered around First Aid and what to do if you get bitten/stung/eaten....

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harvin

No, actually i spend a lot of time READING. Interestingly enough these days it is very easy to do...it call the intatet.

There are two versions of world history.

1) The American one.

2) The real one.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I Agee 100%

They always complain, are they allowed to?

You are welcome!

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
I predict that this thread will quickly turn into a bash America thread.

This isn't about bashing America. This is about being honest about her faults so we the people can change them. (No Virginia, America isn't the perfect rainbow that people would lead you to believe it is) As of the time of this writing, the biggest fault America has is her leadership and the gullible who follow it. America itself is great because of the potential given to her by her founding fathers and the natural resources found within her borders.

Both of which are being pissed on by aforementioned parties.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

a reply to: muse7

Have you ever left American borders and seen the world?

The world is an amazing place, full of diversity and multiculturalism. Moreso than America.

The world is an amazing place you're right, I'm not denying that. But there's no other country on the planet that is more diverse than America and that's a fact. 300+ million and every single country is represented. Every one of those 300 million people have come together and formed the most powerful nation on Earth that is amazing in my opinion.

And I haven't even gotten into the natural beauty of this country.

We might have our issues, but that doesn't mean I can't be proud to live here and I wouldn't have it any other way.

You are G D right there

Let them hate...I hope it keeps them up at night while I drink beer and dont give a damn if they like it is not!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

I wished the world could vote on who thinks America is great.
edit on 23-2-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeepImpactX

This isn't about bashing America. This is about being honest about her faults so we the people can change them.

And that is the main problem with threads like these, Americans come in and just whinge and bitch and moan about everybody "hating on America" when in fact it is more like constructive criticism.

Apparently nobody is allowed to point out Americas faults without some "Hooah"-type American coming in and claiming that we hate America and that we are jealous - that last being the most ridiculous of all the claims they make.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   

The 20th century is lucky American leadership broke the cycle Europe started and would have continued without our intervention.

I'm sure all those countries that America has interfered with politically and secretly would disagree. I am sure all those countries America has declared war on in the last 100 years would disagree.

I am damn sure Iraq disagrees.

You are right after all.

I bet Nazi Germany hates it and imperial japan...guess what though...the world us better off without them.

Ask japan or Germany today.

Or Afghanistan, that is begging america to stay longer.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: Harvin

There are two versions of world history.

1) The American one.

2) The real one.

I dont have much of an american education and only recall one minor event discussed regarding history during my time in an american school.

Did you read my post? You disagree with it? WOW....WOW...smh.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

nobody hates the average citizen believe me I don't hate you or your friend here so please stop the crazy

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   

the American version of inthernet

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: MimiSia

nobody hates the average citizen believe me I don't hate you or your friend here so please stop the crazy

This is the nonsense I'm referring to in my last post - when anyone tries to point out a fault of America they automatically get labelled "haters" who are "jealous".

The second this nonsense gets posted I know the thread has run it's course, there won't be any more intelligent discussion, just Americans claiming we all "hate" them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join