It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dangerous and Destructive Mythology of American Exceptionalism

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: mister.old.school

Meh...you make much todo about nothing.

Politics: American Exceptionalism... catch phrase is all it is to drum up votes.

Hope and change: same thing....except it is a typo, it's actually supposed to be Hops and Change (from your $20) ... when you hand over your $20 bill, you get a bit of change back along with your beer.

I like humor....

But honestly...this is not much different than claiming some wide range conspiracy related to the phrase. There is nothing wrong with national pride as long as it doesn't go the direction it did in preWWII Germany....

I would rather be proud of my Country than otherwise....now if it would just do something I could be proud of.........................................

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mister.old.school

Nice post, reminds me of how people who are "healthy" psychologically are supposed to see themselves and people they like in inordinately glowing terms (with the opposite being true of people that dislike them, because how stupid do you have to be to dislike ME). (google "positive illusions" if you want more info)

Makes sense for the same bias to apply to the country.
edit on 27/2/2015 by zackli because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
as soon as i see a title on ats
(this is an example only )let's say I am a plastic surgeon and I see a title: plastic surgery is big bs and plastic surgeons are the biggest coc k sucks in the world.
I wouldn't even bother opening the threat.
who cares!! let people talk why even bother contributing. u know ur awesome u know there are haters let people say what they want to say to eachother. the door will be closed and everybody will try to be real quiet .

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

You know America is only a project of Europe right? Look at the heritage of almost all your presidents, America and Europe is controlled by these royal bloodlines. Seems you're just a very proud slave.

Your founding fathers would probably rebuke you themselves if they ever heard your inane ramblings.

"New Atlantis was twisted, sometimes I miss it."

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join