It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City Found 360 Feet Below Missouri City, Giant Human Skeleton Found

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: UMayBRite!
a reply to: Bloodydagger
The only actual skull that can be shown to have double rows of teeth is the Lovelock skull.
Its also quite large.

The Lovelock Skull has a single row of teeth:

Harte

I love watching things that should be and are so easily debunked posted as fact...only to be utterly destroyed like five seconds later. Nice.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
History Channel about and with the evidence or lack thereof:
"Searching for Lost Giants"

Second season of episodes to begin....

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

No need. My husband grew up there. We can drive there in a bit over 2 hours.
Sorry. If ATS wants an investigator, they know how to find me.

A funny thing, though - when I read this aloud to him just now - we were both laughing, and then it occurred to me that maybe this story is the reason the water tower there says:

Moberly!

With an exclamation point. And the population now is 13,470 people larger. They aren't known for their sophistication, either. Fun little story, though.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: jaffo

I'm glad you know how my future will pan out and how I will react to a situation...

You must be so enlightened as well as prophetic...

You should charge people for sharing such wisdom of the hereafter.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Wow, you hit that head on the nail! Upsets the accepted paradigms, the official "script" of the evolutionists so, of course, it must be suppressed and denied as a hoax. Oh what a terrible web they weave when all they do is daily deceive. Frankly, I don't even watch the MSM anymore...I can't stand the interference with my soul nor can I any longer tolerate the damned commercials. It's all naught but a load-O-crap!

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

I'm glad you know how my future will pan out and how I will react to a situation...

You must be so enlightened as well as prophetic...

You should charge people for sharing such wisdom of the hereafter.

Simple question: Ever been to a doctor? If the answer (during your adult life) is "yes," then I'm right and you're just mad for being called out on a huge hypocrisy, lol.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Wow, you hit that head on the nail! Upsets the accepted paradigms, the official "script" of the evolutionists so, of course, it must be suppressed and denied as a hoax.

Your ignorance concerning evolution aside, there is no conflict with evolution even if these giants were real.

Evolution doesn't say "there can be no humans taller than (insert height here.)"

However, there is a physical limit to how large a human can be and still survive. In that case, however, you would have to complain about physics being fabricated and "hidden" by some conspiratorial cabal.

Harte

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

What's hypocritical?

I said they lie about some things...

Things I listed.

& most doctors are not even scientists anyways...

So really, when you think about it, you're talking nonsense with a false equivalency.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Interesting....well i know that i am glad the giants are no longer around cause if they were i am betting they are are higher on the food chain that we are.....

---

That's not always a true statement...Look at Lions, Tigers,
Elephants, Crocodiles and even Sharks! All have greater
physical strength and power against us...but now
ALL are nearly extinct DESTROYED by Human predation!

WE are on top of the predator heap!

And these giant's? It depends upon numbers, brainpower and luck!

If they are anything like Saquatch (aka Bigfoot) their days were
numbered becaUse SHEER NUMBERS, SPEED and SMARTS always
wins the day. If the giants were NOT ABLE to group together to
make and USE effective weapons...they DIED BY OUR HANDS!

Homo Sapien Sapien IS KING OF THE HILL until the Aliens come
and then we MUST adapt their weapons and systems to OUR
environment and mentalities or we will suffer the same fate!

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Maybe giants built the pyramids. And all those other monolithic monuments that we can't explain how 'primitive' humans could have built.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Interesting....well i know that i am glad the giants are no longer around cause if they were i am betting they are are higher on the food chain that we are.....

Who says they're gone? Sasquatch are all over the place. Thousands of sightings say that two legged giants up to 12 feet are roaming the woods

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Interesting read.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

Bingo!

And don't forget about the fear factor!
Control using fear tactics is soooooooooo effective.

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Come now...

If these things didn't "go away" labelled as a hoax in every case then it would substantiate the Bible (no profit) & invalidate Evolution (much profit)...

Or they are a hoax and need to go away in every case because the Bible is false and Evolution invalidates these claims...

You can decide which resonates with your Spirit.

Give me a break, yes, no one would stand to gain financially from discovering a giant village in their town. Not to mention that the only reason such an absolutely absurd claim might be taken seriously is because people who read the bible suspend critical thinking for anything that relates to it.. ridiculousness
edit on 24-2-2015 by dr1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: daftpink

Maybe giants built the pyramids. And all those other monolithic monuments that we can't explain how 'primitive' humans could have built.

There are "monolithic monuments" that we can't explain humans constructing? Please tell me about them, because somehow their existence must have eluded me all these years. And I believe 'megalithic' is the term you were looking for....

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Hello yes megalithic was what I meant, I have a form of dyslexia that means I sometimes put the wrong word or letter that my brain is thinking of. However I do believe everyone knew what I meant, but hey brownie points to you for pointing out my simple error to everyone.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

This story was a hoax from the Yellow Journalism era. Sorry to burst your bubble

Yellow Journalism

Papers in larger cities would run articles that weren't verified to procure readers. For example, if you notice this piece is from St Paul Daily Globe, a paper which only ran for a few years because it was writing fake articles. It was basically The Onion of its time. The reason was because the paper was going broke, and would put anything in print to sell copies.

St Paul Daily Globe

The paper was purchased and it's writing/editorial/reporter staff replaced in 1896, the year after this hoax article was written.
edit on 24-2-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Anyone know when that area last had a major volcanic eruption?

That city, hemmed in by a massive lava flow could be a LOT older than anyone wants to think...or admit.

Date the last eruption, you date the city...if it genuinely exists down there of course.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Did anyone read through to the 4th of 5 in the series? At the end it says:

Page 2 of 2 - One follow-up article did appear a few days after the initial press release:
Daily Pharos – Logansport, Indiana – April 11, 1885
Chicago, April 11 – The press dispatch from St. Louis Wednesday last, purported to give an account of the discovery of a subterranean city in Moberly, Mo., created great excitement in historical circles of this city, and many inquiries were made as to its authenticity. A dispatch was sent to Mr. Kelly, editor of The Monitor at Moberly, as to the whether the alleged discovery was true or false. In reply Mr. Kelly wires the United Press as follows: “The story is an April hoax. Not a word of truth in it.”
- See more at: www.moberlymonitor.com...

I can't find a link to story 5 of 5. That's probably part of the joke?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

No, giant humanoid beings would validate nearly every single ancient religion and mythos. As for the bible, it would just validate that one portion of it, and there are not very many people who don't acknowledge that there is some historical fact in the Bible. Just because giants may have existed doesn't mean the entirity of the Bible is true, and it certainly doesn't mean that the interpretation contained within the Bible as to what these beings are holds any truth in it.

Just like exodus--it may have happened, but it doesn't mean that all of the details about it are true and accurate as contained in the Bible.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join