It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alarming Police Interrogation of an Innocent Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I stumbled upon this interrogation video of a man who was professing his innocence for the alleged killing of his 7 month old son. This guy was chained to a wall and was being interrogated by detective Rodolfo Gomez. The guy was clearly upset he was being accused of the crime and pressured to confess to something he didn't do. This video shows the guy getting upset about the relentless interrogation, he stands up in an aggressive manor and confronts the detective face to face. Keep in mind this guy is still handcuffed to the wall. The detective for some unknown reason believes his safety is in danger and starts to let loose on this guy with punches. In the second video Gomez starts gouging his eyes while other detectives try to restrain the man handcuffed to the wall.

The savage attack by this officer is really uncalled for. Detective Gomez was subsequently fired, and then appealed his firing. His defense broke the video down, frame by frame, and used cherry-picked images to sway the jury into believing their ridiculous self-defense stance. The jury bought his defense claim. Amazing.

Interrogation Video

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Thank you for giving a description of the video. I can't watch that right now.

I thought there were supposed to be therapists for suspects that were traumatized?

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The cops an a$$ the suspect has the right to defend himself until proven guilty in a court of law but it seems the cops now push for answers before they get the guy to confess to a crime he never committed the whole injustice system has a stenche of corruption and its getting worse!!! a reply to: WeRpeons

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
How can police be a benefit against crime when they are criminals themselves and carry special privileges against being prosecuted for the same things they prosecute citizens for. They should sever more time, not less. As they are supposed to know and be educated on the legality more so than citizens. Know your doing wrong and arrest others for it but do it yourself. That kind of organized crime needs to be punished worse not less.Come on, not just assault.. But an assault with an authority figure while he was restrained and can't defend himself. Far worse than a common assault.a reply to: WeRpeons

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
We are living in the Golden Age of Thieves and...oh yeah! The Oscars are on !...see ya!

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

yea that was over board dude did get in his face but the cop went to far lol hell he tried to knee him lol .
But also were dealing with a dead baby and they think its murder so its not like he got hit by car and it must have been
bad becuase they were talking about him looking like a monster to the jury........and for some reason he was in jail those are jail clothes thats why he was handcuffed . they dont handcuff you to the wall in an interogation unless you are already an inmate ........... all he would have to say is i want a lawyer and if they think u murdred ur child u better get one

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
So I'm watching the video and I see the outburst the man handcuffed to the wall made followed by the officer pulling his best Mike Tyson impersonation. And as he's swinging away he screams "stop resisting" multiple times. And I can't help but wonder, what exactly is it the man handcuffed to the wall is resisting? Are police that desperate to beat civilians to a pulp that defending oneself from the beating is now considered resisting?

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Steinle stressed Love's threat of a "killing spree" and suggested he remains so "out of control" that prosecutors didn't want to risk bringing him into court as a witness against Gomez.

Ummmm...

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I would question the prosecutor's reason for bringing that up in court. The prosecutor's office align's themselves with the police department. It could have easily been a tactic to help detective Gomez beat the charges and get his job back. Of course that would look bad in the eyes of the jury and may have played a part in Gomez winning the appeal.

Let's play the devil's advocate here. If this guy was out of control and let's say the guy was even guilty, does this detective have the right to overstep his authority and beat a person to a pulp when they're already restrained? If you watch the video, it seems to me Gomez was ticked off because the guy got in his face. Whether Gomez was already upset that a 7 month-old was possibly killed by this guy, the guys confrontation pushed his buttons. His conduct and actions were totally unprofessional and against the constitutional rights of this guy. This detective decided to be the judge and jury when he savagely beat this guy. Gomez could have easily backed-off or called another detective to help calm him down.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Due process in America means that if the cops want you to plead guilty they chain you to a wall and beat you until you confess.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

The headline should read "Alarming police torture of subdued innocent man".
Just when you think it's over they come back in and jab their thumb in his eye!
Where do they teach that kind of training?
edit on 23-2-2015 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2015 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join