It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Journalist blows whistle on HSBC influence on British media (The Telegraph)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
www.globalresearch.ca... -resigned-from-the-telegraph

This man is probably taking his life in his hands by making this public. I can but applaud his stance - especially his plea to get monied interests out of journalism. It is probably too little, too late, but I think that objective information is the BEST solution to darn near any problem - provide the facts and let people seek out what additional information they need to make a decision. Yes, I am an alumna of the Pollyanna School of the way it outta be - but extreme respect to Peter Oborne for pulling the top off this situation. Well played, sir.
edit on 22-2-2015 by cronemel because: bloody typos

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: cronemel

Thank you for the find, and cheers! F&S.
As this scandal unwinds there are truly sinister implications
for our whole monetary system-- and indeed the stability of
neatly every Western market.

I had likened this kind of skullduggery to Andrew McGuire's
disclosure to the CTFC a couple of years ago, but this is
huge. The Telegraph now seems to display an open and
unhealthy partiality to 'sponsors'-- while not reporting the news.

Especially troubling is when those sponsors are who must be
sometimes the most diligently pursued... this cannot end well.
Finally-- with the few remaining clean trumpets for the Fourth
Estate now going belly-up, who in the UK can do the job of
the Telegraph? Looks like they're becoming quite muffled.

I hope Peter is watchful, and doesn't dine out too often.
Separate issue, and quite sticky.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Sadly I saw this coming years ago, when the Barclay brothers took over the Torygraph. They care nothing about journalistic integrity, they just care about a) their fascist friends and b) making as much money as possible via their business friends.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Peter obourne has always been a very fair minded journalist in my opinion, he chooses his targets wisely I have a lot of respect for the guy and applaud his actions at the telegraph. We need more journalists like him.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I agree with you and can only hope this will be a reboot of our once very excellent investigative journalism which held a counterbalance to dark and seedy politics and other scandals.

I think its naive to think that adertisers have no clout with a newspaper as they are part of that paper's bread and butter. However most of us thought that the feature pages were the place to help ones advertisers get their business into the lime light, not the censorship of news to the public - which is the prime reason for a news paper to exist.

The rot though has been there for a long time and most of us thought back in the 50's and 60's it existed to keep the royals scandals quiet and other matters as affected british security etc. However it seems that anyone with a thirst for greed, political and power/dicttorship over the masses seems to have jumped on that bandwagon.

We already have a failed and totally corrupt banking system with its political puppet operatives in full swing t the printing presses of both money and obviously information for keeping the public controlled. I hope he is the first crack in the dam and he and his colleagues work to bring the whole lot down.

new topics

top topics

join