It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

would you in the UK know how to spot Martial Law?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
There are many aspects of Martial law , both here in the UK and also in the US .
The kind of Martial law im referring to is total countrol of the people by the goverment and military.

You won't recognize it as it's happening, and most people will strive as much as possible to 'normalize' the process because it's very scary.

Could you spot the signs that would lead up to this?

I would really like to read your opinions on this .

Cheers.
edit on 21-2-2015 by Gideon70 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Gideon70

The video title refers to America but is globally applicable.

Fascist countries seem to be the norm these days.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Well i imagine troops on our streets with guns and tanks would be a sign but then again with the CCTV systems they have in place regarding our nation i don't really think "they" would require such blunt instruments. Considering "there" surveillance capability's i imagine a few 1000 10 man snatch and grab teams would suffice.
edit on 21-2-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I think it will happen more subtley in the begining , so as not to panic the masses.

I think it will start with the arrest of people deemed to be a threat to the establishment.

unless there is mass rioting or extreme threats of terrorism , the military on the streets will come later.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

one of the key aspects to having Martial law is having Curfews in effect and enforcing them

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I think that the take over of all public broadcasting will be one of the first steps.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

one of the key aspects to having Martial law is having Curfews in effect and enforcing them

I totally agree .
I think they will say the curfews are being put into place in the interest of public safety

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I was just reading an article written by David Hodges where he explains that the term martial law, when the procedure is actually implemented, will not be entitled as such.. a different term altogether will be utilized and according to his sources, it wlll be the "Continuity of Government," .. the article was actually quite interesting as it discusses what we can expect to occur once C of Gov actually occurs.. here is the article: Subtitle: No declaration of "martial law" but affirmation of "Continuity of Government". and here is the link: www.veteranstoday.com... I am not quite sure how this might occur in the UK, but there are numerous ways of getting there, and utilizing deceptive or less shocking language is a clever way to go about it all.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
No one will say "ok, the UK is now under Martial Law! Please check your rights at the door!" It will be accomplished by a set of emergency measures that may, individually, seem harsh but fair.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

And since all public broadcasting is controlled by a half dozen megacorporations (which would be pretty easy to take over quietly, from the top down...) this may have already happened.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

And since all public broadcasting is controlled by a half dozen megacorporations (which would be pretty easy to take over quietly, from the top down...) this may have already happened.

I believe so too.
I think we are slowly heading towards Martial law in the UK.
The goverment is doing everything in can to promote hatred between the muslim communities and the rest of the population with the intent of causing mass bloodshed in the streets and then eventually gaining total control of everybody via Martial law.
They will then be able to arrest who they want and imprison them without trial.

Are we on the brink ?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

They will read the riot act and martial law come into force as they have done the past but this time it will cover the whole of Britain , and this time it will become permanent , allowing them to use lethal measures to quell any resistance .

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: tom.farnhill

I totally agree.

I fear we are about to lose what little freedom we have left in this country and the even scarier thing is , we are absolutely powerless to stop it happening.

There will probably be police stings (probably against Muslims) to lure a few sad, crazy individuals into making dangerous threats, and then that will be used to justify violent aggression.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gideon70

I believe so too.
The goverment is doing everything in can to promote hatred between the muslim communities and the rest of the population with the intent of causing mass bloodshed in the streets and then eventually gaining total control of everybody via Martial law.

Are we on the brink ?

This is an absolutely fascinating OP! I'd never thought of much of this and I'm going to have to seriously consider the question, not just as regard the UK, but the US as well! I am puzzled however by your comment concerning promotion of hatred toward the UK muslim population. I'd just read a piece concerning the authorities hiding child abuse allegations against muslim population. That's confusing.

So...how do you see the UK gov't promoting hatred against the muslims in this era of Poltical Correctness?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

originally posted by: Gideon70

I believe so too.

Are we on the brink ?

This is an absolutely fascinating OP! I'd never thought of much of this and I'm going to have to seriously consider the question, not just as regard the UK, but the US as well! I am puzzled however by your comment concerning promotion of hatred toward the UK muslim population. I'd just read a piece concerning the authorities hiding child abuse allegations against muslim population. That's confusing.

So...how do you see the UK gov't promoting hatred against the muslims in this era of Poltical Correctness?
just switch a TV on or read a newspaper and you'll see how.

I've felt for some time that immigration, extremism and religious and class barriers are all being used to draw lines in the sand.

Divide and conquer..

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The ability to associate freely would be restricted. This would, in part, be accomplished with curfews and movement restrictions. Cells groups would be established to keep people in very small groups where they can be monitored and reported on to higher levels in the pyramid-shaped structure. The cell groups could take just about any guise so long as personal information sharing is encouraged. The cell groups would have the double purpose of monitoring and controlling behavior. The Promise Keepers cell groups are the perfect model.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Can the OP give an example where there is total state control in the UK and how this relates to martial law.

Regards

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
You may not realise it but we already do have martial law to a (unknown) degree in most western countries.

Our spy agencies, MI5, MI6, etc, for example, guess what they mean?

MI = Military Intelligence

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I see that the paranoia levels are high this morning. No, I don't think that martial law is around the corner.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
I see that the paranoia levels are high this morning. No, I don't think that martial law is around the corner.

You call it paranoia .
I call it being clued up enough to read the signs of whats going on around us.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join