It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine............Preparing for full scale war..............

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

The Ukraine is not going away soon.....Despite the losses of people and territory.....
Canada, along with the world is being urged to support the western backed Government.
here is a CBC report which indicates the position and thoughts of the Ukraine Government, as well as their expectations of the free world....
The upshot of the message is in my title......
It doesn't look to be ending well.......

From the article....

We see that they are not stopping," he says, suggesting the fight was now heading south to the port of Mariupol.

"It doesn't take a genius to see what they are trying to do.… They are taking more and more strategic points."

edit on 21-2-2015 by stirling because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
A new government takes over and puts the people in jeopardy of being killed then they want others to join in to share the blame of killing their citizens. This way nobody who joined in with their effort can judge their actions.

The losers are the Ukrainian people here and the ones who pay for this war. Russia did not start this war, the ones who took over Ukraine did. There is no reason they had to sever all ties with Russia. They could have been at peace with everyone.

Why is it that they always want or force the people to choose sides?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
so what do the rebels try to achieve?
do they want a certain part of ukraine to be russian then i'm fine with it.
ukraine will have no gain from that corner of their country anyway in the near future.

but if the rebels goal is to make whole ukraine a part of russia then we have a serious problem.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

that's right. the west startet this conflict with the support of the pro western forces to overthrow the former government.
from my pov this was an illegal act.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

The comments below the article show how the propaganda is failing.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Ukraine is in big trouble. It's military is failing as Russia has poured tanks and troops to fight.

Yes, more evidence Russia is sending troops...
www.businessinsider.com...

Of course we all know it will be disregarded as propaganda but it's the same Soviet playbook from Afghanistan.

The US backed off to give Merkel and the loser French president a chance. Minsk 2 has been signed by Russia and immediately broken by Russia. Time for the US to do what it does best...sell boat loads of weapons on credit!
edit on 21-2-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: anticitizen
so what do the rebels try to achieve?
do they want a certain part of ukraine to be russian then i'm fine with it.
ukraine will have no gain from that corner of their country anyway in the near future.

but if the rebels goal is to make whole ukraine a part of russia then we have a serious problem.

That's funny! So it's ok to carve off Crimea and some land the size of Texas from Ukraine, but not more! Ok, I'm calling the Canadian government right now. The new rules allow us to carve off Alaska without any interference so we'll do that. I'm sure the Russian will back that, we'll just give them more of the Arctic.

Sounds crazy when your logic gets applied around the world doesn't it? I hope it does at least!

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Funnily enough Ricky, I don't seem to recall that Ukraine attacked Russia.....if you have a link please provide.......

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Time for the US to do what it does best...sell boat loads of weapons on credit!

They will be thankful for it.

Novorossia army got a quarter of all heavy equipment and ammo of the Ukrainian army, left in the Debaltsevo qualdron

And let`s hire some more mercenaries too...

edit on 21 2 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Russia did not start this war, the ones who took over Ukraine did.

That's pretty funny! Even Putin admitted the little Green men in Crimea were Russian solders and they arrived days after the Ukrainian leader abandoned his office.

I must have missed the part where Ukrainians attacked Russia.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Looks to me like the pro russia crowd has arrived....but I think you all need to take a step back from the emotional stake you seem to have in this conflict and look at the true picture.
It continues to be Russian military and equipment that are pouring across the Ukraine border....Not the western armies......
Provocation and responsibility for the many dead and the destruction of Ukraine falls directly upon Russias doorstep....and continues to do so as the west stands aside to observe the slaughter.....

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

You know it's a violation of the Geneva conventions on war to humiliate captive solders...including putting them on TV...yet you keep posting links to those violations. Clearly you derive pleasure from spreading war crimes.

ATS should be deleting those links, but that's my opinion.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
What if someone held a war...And no one showed up?

Peace

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

They should be deleted because they talk about the foreign mercenaries on Ukrainian side ?

The media didn`t had any problem with showing abducted foreigners in Syria and in Iraq when it`s the case, but as soon as they speak about mercenaries it should be forbidden ?

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

No one can say with a straigth face that NATO is not encircling Russia since the fall of the USSR. Be it Crimea or Ukraine, it seem Putin have decided to lance the abscess once for all.

Mark my word, Putin won't back down!

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
What if someone held a war...And no one showed up?

Peace

You will always have crazies willing to fight for money and the rest will be send in at gunpoint.

....it would be nice though, if that was happening.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

When was Ukraine going to sever all ties with Russia. They were exploring new trade options with the EU but that wouldn't sever existing trade agreements with Russia. This was what the people of Ukraine wanted. Russia didn't want to share though. They posed an ultimatum to Yanukovych where they would sever ties with Ukraine if they agrees to the EU trade deal. Yanukovych betrayed the will of his people. They called for his impeachment. He fled. A new President was legally elected. Then Russia invaded Crimea.

All of this could have been avoided if Russia had simply allowed Ukraine to expand relations with their other neighbors.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

In case you have forgotten, this was plastered all over the news in the West back in the 90s.

And there are many other examples like this, so it would be odd to have someone who`s not going back to the Ukraine anymore and by so technically isn`t a captive soldier to not let him speak about what he thinks.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Russia wasn`t going to let its markets become flooded with EU products, so it would have put in restrictions in place and with over 60% of export to Russia and other Eurasian countries, Ukraine would need 170 Billion Dollar to overcome those problems, an amount which the EU wasn`t able to pay.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: PeterMcFly

No one can say with a straigth face that NATO is not encircling Russia since the fall of the USSR. Be it Crimea or Ukraine, it seem Putin have decided to lance the abscess once for all.

Mark my word, Putin won't back down!

Yes because it is NATOs fault all those countries want NATOs protection from Russian aggression.

In the last 100 years who has violently taken over many countries in a mad land grab, while brutally dominating those peoples?

Was it A even one single NATO member?

Or B Russia?

Ya that is right, not one single NATO country has violently seized another country in an attempt at empire, not one.

Many alive in those countries that NATO is (encircling) Russia with, remember just how
"Awesome" it is to be under Russian occupation.
edit on 21-2-2015 by infinityorder because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join