It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go to Prison for File Sharing?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: Dabrazzo

A comedy cartoon is in no way the LAW. But...I get it. Take people at their level I suppose...ok. Thanks much

No worries, sometimes people get confused and think copying is theft, but as we both know, copying is not theft.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
they can try all they want to stop p2p sharing but it will always exsist and without getting cought

im not going to say how you can do it probly t&c violation or anything like that and to CMA

SWIM has been p2ping for over 10 years without a single letter from anyone
useing good cya methods and encripted transfers and programs to block seeders thats ip is from any large company

it will always evolv but they can never win back the internet put in a national filter spying whatever u want
there is always someone out there who can get past it and tell everyone else how

look at china they just use a vpn to byepass the grate firewall of china

imo if hollywood wants to win push for a lower price on projectors and release your movies in a format optimized for the projector ... as the tech evolvs they can just sell movies in original format witch would make it to hard to fileshare
movies in opriginal format hit 100 gb + so downloading a movie that takes 1/2 or even 1/10th ur hard drive in some cases
would be something most will not do and wont download on p2p

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
imo if hollywood wants to win push for a lower price on projectors and release your movies in a format optimized for the projector ... as the tech evolvs they can just sell movies in original format witch would make it to hard to fileshare
movies in opriginal format hit 100 gb + so downloading a movie that takes 1/2 or even 1/10th ur hard drive in some cases
would be something most will not do and wont download on p2p

I don't see this as a winning strategy. Movies are often reduced from Bluray/DVD size to less than CD size.

Besides, do we actually have any proof of hollywood loosing?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo
No worries, sometimes people get confused and think copying is theft, but as we both know, copying is not theft.

That may depend on the country you live in. Regardless, copying may not be theft, but infringing copywrite rules is against the law and therefore carries sanctions.

Back to OP. If you break the law, and it is deemed serious enough, then you may go to prison. No crime is victimless.

Regards
edit on 21/2/2015 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Ooooo goody

Not only does the "land of the free" get to fill its prisons for more non violent crime but it will likely fill it with non Anericans they can grab through there tyranical exdridition treatys!

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
funny thing is, File Sharing isn't piracy unless you are making money from it, it's sharing a product that was usually purchased by someone legally and they liked it so much they shared it with friends, no different to going out to a mate's place for "movie night" I wonder how long before laws are brought in to "control" (read market) things like that.....
Most of the people I know that download stuff will actually go out and buy the book, CD, DVD etc if the like it anyway.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
not enough prison f0r those pirating... There is also not enough from the skim to really be hurting hollywood...

I will say this thou,
if your ripping movies games songs etc, and selling them bootleg, I am all in and prosecution..

Kids and the poor downloading media, I am not on the side of throwing them in jail when a warning usually scares the hell out of them...

I still see fuzzy numbers when you try and say that is wrong....

We live in 2015... Not 1950....

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Well in the case of Barret Brown you can be sent to prison
for linking to some hacked material even if you are
not the source.

Welcome to the thought police, Orwell was a prophet
edit on 4-4-2015 by Ex_MislTech because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I'm not going to argue pirating either way.
But I do have one question.

How do libraries get away with loaning books and DVD's?
How can they have movie nights?

Aren't they in violation of sharing copyrighted material?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
As far as I know, Hollywood intentionally leaks material but embeds it with viruses. So if it is downloaded it will destroy your PC or tablet. It happened to me before that's why I don't illegally download. They would be smart to do this because it protects their copyright material at the same time their product is "there' thus bringing it to the public conscience.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join