It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Lakes are freezing!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: PeterMcFly

ATS Thread

Check this thread out for info on gloabl warming and Ice Ages.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

ATS Thread

Check this thread out for info on gloabl warming and Ice Ages.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua

You know that.

I know that.

Just surprised no-one has brought up HAARP yet.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Not new...not unusual.

Yeah, but still it is reported that ice coverage is better than the 30-year average.

Link

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure it is all a part of Canada's asymmetric warfare program against the US. Like when they deported all their geese to become permanent year round illegal aliens that crap all over everything, Justin Beiber and his crap, and of course all that anti-littering stuff that started with crying Indian commercial back in the 70's.

It is a slow, long term warfare program. They are just that devious. Heck most of the staff here at ATS are Canadians

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

What are you going on about?

I think your trying to say Canadians rule, thanks mate

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Just because it's cold in one place doesn't mean the planet as a whole isn't heating.

With essentially the same continental-scale weather pattern locked in place for most of the last two years, winter weather maps don’t have much variation: It’s red in the West, blue in the East. That pattern can be blamed on a variety of physical causes: a wavier-than-normal jet stream, hotter-than-average ocean temperatures off the Pacific Coast, melting Arctic sea ice linked to human-induced climate change, and more. Despite the persistent extreme cold in the East, North America’s still running a fever at the same rate as the rest of the globe.

Link

[url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2014/11/20/snowed-under-and-frozen-over-u-s-weather-is-off-the-rails-but-why/]Link[/u rl]
edit on 20-2-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

It could be then that ATS isn't owned by the Masonic wing of the CIA but in fact by the ministry of evil deeds in Canada!

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: PeterMcFly
The Great Lakes are freezing, most are covered with 9/10+ ice.

NOAA 2015-02-19

Probably caused again by the "warming"... Is there is something that cannot be caused by the "warming"?

It seems like people yet do not know what global warming is (be it fake or real).

Global warming DOES NOT mean that the planet turns into a tropical paradise or volcano.

It means that the atmosphere's heat up, causing climate change. Places get hotter, places get colder.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Yeah..but still normal to us here...and this morning I saw two freighters head towards the Detroit River from Lake Erie up to the other Great Lakes

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe
Live up here and took a tour on lake Superior with the wife last spring. There were still ice cubes floating around when there weren't supposed to be none. The water temp stayed low good part of the year they said. Your comment made me laugh out loud............thanks for the chuckle.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

The NWS Station in Marquette released a graph of the yearly temps for Lake Superior in 2014. It was like a wild rollercoaster. That was released back in January, I believe.

Edit to add:
I was mistaken. It was NOAA.

edit on 2/24/2015 by cmdrkeenkid because: Added additional response.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Yeah it's nothing new. I went to Lake Erie a lot in the 80's to ice fish with my father.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join