It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS #38: Water Fluoridation, The Facts, The Crazy, and the Reality

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth
Watch out for flintstone vitamins too! Like anything, moderation...but fearmongers don't think that way.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

You do realize they put that label on just about everything that is not intended to be ingested, right? I can drink a whole bottle of Visine and not get sick, but the label is there too. You won't get sick (well, maybe from the taste) by taking a big ol' bite of your deodorant stick, but the label is there too.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

Also… if you pay close attention to toothpaste warnings, parents are told to be sure their young children don't swallow any toothpaste. Because of the fluoride.

Like many things that can be very toxic, smaller doses can be beneficial.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

"There are no poisons, only poisonous doses." -Paracelsus

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
BRAVO!

"Sodium Fluoride" is not to be ingested, hence the reason it shouldn't be in water. We shouldn't have to remove a toxin, in any amount, after the fact, from the water coming into our homes. We should have a choice.

If people want to use an after market fluoride, by all means go ahead it's called freedom.

I would like my right to chose, and not have it force feed to me.

I hope people understand this additive has nothing to do with water purification. The problem with this logic is where does the additives end, it's a slippery slope effect. What additive is next?

You do realize they put that label on just about everything that is not intended to be ingested

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

You do realize they put that label on just about everything that is not intended to be ingested, right? I can drink a whole bottle of Visine and not get sick, but the label is there too. You won't get sick (well, maybe from the taste) by taking a big ol' bite of your deodorant stick, but the label is there too.

edit on 20-2-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Well the video ended with fluoridation to water not being good for citizens in US, even within the ranges you were told are safe, since they cause IQ drops.

Maybe one day US will join the rest of the west that have long since prohibited fluoridation (some did never even allow it to start) to water and use toothpaste instead on the teeth where the flour is useful.
edit on 20-2-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinyDAWK
a reply to: rickymouse

Oh cool I have some chrome-moly in my shop. I'm guna go chew on it. So not only will the molybdenum make my teeth healthy... but the chrome can make my teeth shiny too
(end sarcasm) or you could post a link to your source.

One of many I have used. There are some particulars on the left side you can click on on this link. www.imoa.info...

Wrong kind of chromium in that chrome-moly in your shop. Although chrome plating is not usually a problem on utensils it can be a problem if cutting them with a torch. Just like cutting zinc with torches is bad but having zinc lining a can can react with the food and enrich it with zinc, but pure zinc without the combining with organics is not too good. Don't weld too much galvanized, it sucks. Both me and my brother had problems with it. Now with Chrome pots and pans, it isn't a problem unless you really overheat the pan.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Probably been covered, but you forgot to update your NLBS meter- still says "Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement" on the bottom

Great episode- keep it up. I only wish I had the time to do proper research on all this stuff you cover.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
BRAVO!
"Sodium Fluoride" is not to be ingested, hence the reason it shouldn't be in water.

As mentioned in the video, it's not in the water. This is one of the big fallacies promoted by the histrionic brigade.

Different fluoride compounds are used.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Probably been covered, but you forgot to update your NLBS meter- still says "Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement" on the bottom .

That's my fault! It's on me. I effed up.

There were so many moving parts to this one that some minor production details slipped through, as well as simply not having the time for all the issues supposedly connected to fluoride in the water.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
We can play semantics all we want, but fluoride is added to the water supply.

I used to work in the process controls industry here in Detroit for many years, we dealt typically with automotive, but it also included water municipalities from Detroit municipal, to small water processing plants in more rural areas. My job entailed servicing the controls, programming, calibrating, trouble shooting, and repairing anything that was related to the process controls systems.

Many times if the controls, and flow sensors were not calibrated and repaired properly, and in a timely manner the amount of fluoride, well let's just say the amounts add were not the recommended amounts.

But many times we were called in after the fact, or in a SHFT situation, instead of having a service contract with the said municipality.

If people think the "Fluoride" is magically put into the water system by some infallible system that doesn't need constant care than they better think again. However most large municipal water system are maintain fairly well. cough cough.

I have also seen how highly corrosive the fluorides are, in fact, the sensors that gauge the amount of fluoride have to be replaced often due to the corrosion, from the fluorides additives, or else they will fail.

I can tell you without any doubt that "Sodium Fluoride" is still used in many municipalities, especially the smaller ones.

Here is some info to back my claims.

Sodium fluoride: a dry additive, typically used in small water systems, dissolved into a solution before being added to water.

www.cdc.gov...

Again if people want fluoride, in any form, then by all means take a supplement of have a professional assist in the administration and monitoring of the levels, but I personally do not want it added to my drinking water.

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: Realtruth
BRAVO!
"Sodium Fluoride" is not to be ingested, hence the reason it shouldn't be in water.

As mentioned in the video, it's not in the water. This is one of the big fallacies promoted by the histrionic brigade.

Different fluoride compounds are used.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
This is a freedom of choice issue.

Regardless of your stance on water fluoridation, we should have the opportunity to decide what we take into our bodies. It is like telling a vegetarian they must eat meat. Sure it isn't going to hurt them, but they should have the right to choose what they put in their body.

I agree!

Its hard to hit these issues without injecting crazy. The issue ITSELF is crazy. This is why vaccine controversy is such an issue -- we don't want to abolish all the vaccines in the world, we only want the freedom to choose if we use them.

It should be up to US what we put in our bodies.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The entire NLBS series seems a lot like an "Our sponsors want us to tone down on the outlandish conspiracies on our site so all those things openly discussed here are totally not true and you should just let it go so we can get money for new toys" video series

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
The entire NLBS series seems a lot like an "Our sponsors want us to tone down on the outlandish conspiracies on our site so all those things openly discussed here are totally not true and you should just let it go so we can get money for new toys" video series

Or it could be about denying ignorance...

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

It's not semantics. It is different chemical components. If people want to keep fearing lies though, that's on them.

If all this craziness is over permission to add it to the water, why isn't anyone crying about the other chemicals added or used in water treatment? Why no crying over copper pipes when copper has been linked to Alzheimers? There are literally thousand of moving parts with water treatment and water distribution that people have no idea about, because there is no internet meme and no internet warriors crying foul over them.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

With that last study you paid to get, is it about developing children and the effects of fluoride?

I may have misunderstood, but I take it that fluoride in the water will have no effect on grown adults and their IQ?

Anyway, Cudos on this episode. Like you I didn't think there was anything to the claims and I am surprised no one here on ATS had shown that study which is the first real evidence against fluoridation in the water.

Sadly it seems most posters in the thread didn't watch the entire video and some didn't watch it at all. There is a real connection to talk about, but they aren't.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012

It's not semantics. It is different chemical components. If people want to keep fearing lies though, that's on them.

If all this craziness is over permission to add it to the water, why isn't anyone crying about the other chemicals added or used in water treatment? Why no crying over copper pipes when copper has been linked to Alzheimers? There are literally thousand of moving parts with water treatment and water distribution that people have no idea about, because there is no internet meme and no internet warriors crying foul over them.

What the hell does any of that have to do with putting something directly into the water that has absolutely ZERO chance of doing what it is claimed to be doing, and actually measurably affects health.

I thank the heavens where I live this was BANNED in 2007, having a very sensitive immune system I feel like crap the second toothpaste enters my mouth.

Internet Meme and Internet Warriors LOL, you have no idea this battle was going on loudly far before the INTERNETS.

And here, we WON.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: theNLBS
With that last study you paid to get, is it about developing children and the effects of fluoride?

Yes. The study made it clear that, insofar as neurological effects, fluoride -- at safe levels -- has no impact on adults.

And to clarify, this was the first study that went into significant detail, including monitoring the actual amounts of fluoride absorbed by the children, by measuring the amount in their urine. And also the first study focusing on children where the levels naturally occurring fluoride was stable -- the amounts in the well not fluctuating.

I wish we could post it, but there are strict copyright preventions for doing so at this point.

If you want to buy it, or have university credentials, it's available here.

I may have misunderstood, but I take it that fluoride in the water will have no effect on grown adults and their IQ?

That's the current understanding… at daily intake levels less than (I think 2mg without going back to notes).

and I am surprised no one here on ATS had shown that study which is the first real evidence against fluoridation in the water.

We almost didn't find it ourselves. It was an obscure link at the bottom of another study… not well-labeled I might add. It was just completed in December, and not released until last month.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Your city is one of 100's of cities, in the USA, that has banned fluoride in their water treatment plants.

The list is a cross section of small to major metropolitan cities.

Cities around the world and USA that have banned Fluoride in Water.

Here is what they typically add to the water, per the OP, and this video. (Hydrofluorosilicic Acid) And per my previous post and info this type of hasmat is highly corrosive and eats parts away quickly, including the delivery system in the water plants.

Notice how the guy talking says it's safe but everyone handling it is wearing full HASMAT suits, while it eats through the concrete.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The essence of the argument, is that the Gov't is gonna put something in your water, whether you want it or not--the water you pay for. Something that is toxic at small doses. Something that was a poisonous by-product of Aluminum/bauxite processing and was expensive for the Aluminum manufacturers to handle, until they thought of dumping it into water supplies and charging for it.

One of the biggest "Pushers" for fluoridation is an insurance group called Delta Dental. Check out Schedule Y on this Arkansas tax report:
www.insurance.arkansas.gov...

Their CEO www.deltadentalins.com... Interesting college major. $6 billion in Revenue.

They are owned by another giant group: Renaissance Health Services Corp. which only list assets of between $10 and $50 million, but is listed as a charitable organization with income of less than $9,999/year:
www.faqs.org...

Renaissance Health Services Corp just signed a contract with these guys---Interleukin Genetics:
www.businesswire.com...

Maybe all they really want is a good test for periodontal disease, but somehow my suspicions are that it is worse than that.

edit on 10/06/2013 by Tusks because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join