It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS #38: Water Fluoridation, The Facts, The Crazy, and the Reality

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
a reply to: theNLBS

Israel banned fluoride, in tap water, and we all know they are extremely slow over there. (Rolls eyes)

www.jpost.com...

But hey we all know the USA is a free country, and we are founded on everyone's individual rights and choices, so putting fluoride in water is not an infringement of freedoms? (Rolls eyes again)

Oh wait I think I'll forego the municipal water and save rain water. Oh wait that is illegal in many states to now. smh

It's so free that you can go ahead and dig your own well with the proper paperwork and build your own reverse osmosis water treatment plant to get rid of any fluoride that might be in the groundwater. Fluoride isn't an infringement of rights anymore then adding sodium hydroxide to raise the pH is.

You do know that it isn't illegal to catch and save rain water right?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I really appreciate this episode as I've been way too lazy to put in the time.

Joe, I have to say you are doing better each episode as a presenter.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
This is a freedom of choice issue.

Regardless of your stance on water fluoridation, we should have the opportunity to decide what we take into our bodies. It is like telling a vegetarian they must eat meat. Sure it isn't going to hurt them, but they should have the right to choose what they put in their body.

First comment was a drive-by BS spray... Looks frightening, sodium fluoride must be terrible.

Sodium fluoride therapy of postmenopausal osteoporosis.

More than 30 yr of research has clearly established sodium fluoride as the most potent agent currently available for increasing spinal bone mass.

Treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis with slow-release sodium fluoride. Final report of a randomized controlled trial.

Sodium Fluoride Treatment of Osteoporosis: Radiologic Findings

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

From your source....

However, the data are largely anecdotal. Putting all this together, we feel that there may be an important role for NaF in osteoporosis treatment but, for now, its use should be restricted to properly conducted controlled clinical trials.

Does not exactly sound like conclusive evidence....

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The Slow release sodium flouride works better

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I think water fluoridation is pretty outdated anyway, given that today, fluoride can be easily gotten from toothpaste and mouthwash, even gum. I

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Oh dang...I only got 4 sentences into the op......I identified the severe lack of logic in the statement about the good of drinking treated water to get some of it on your teeth on it's way down the gulllet. let's start it....here in Texas we refuse to be unencumbered by the thought process....... that's the method of delivery for the remedy....what about the metering......at the water plant. see my previous posts from a year ago about what my water inspector friend told me....and our visit to work on the filters at a municipal supply plant. I'll stop there for now, I could fill volumes bud....

edit on 19-2-2015 by GBP/JPY because: yahushua, our new King

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

The Zionist Israel banned Fluoride in their water

WHAT FURTHER PROOF DO YOU NEED

Fluoride in water is bad bad bad

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I'm not afraid of having a drink of fluoridated water, but I sure wouldn't want to drink it every day and use it to cook with. If someone wants their water fluoridated, why can't they just do it themselves.

When I was a kid, we didn't eat so much sugary foods and we didn't have many cavities. The kids who ate a lot of sugar had cavities. The results of fluoridation being beneficial are not right, more people brush and floss today than they did thirty years ago. People are more health conscious about brushing.

The information about reduced cavities in Colorado, the water there contains a lot of molybdenum which helps to form some enzymes that help combat some microbes that eat teeth. It works with fluoride.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: theNLBS
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well as they say ...do not let the truth get in the way of a good story

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Could you go deeper into the otherside? You stopped at Mercola..

A quick search brought up Kaj Roholm. He was opposed to fluoridating food and water. Is it just more pseudo science? Are his views worth investigating?

Give us an honest effort on both sides please.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Here's a snippet from a thread I wrote back in 2012, I highly suggest watching the embedded video: A brief look at water fluoridation and the insanity of it

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
How safe is fluoridated water?

The graph above is quite conclusive with respect to the efficiency of fluoridation in my opinion, but I'm not about to deny every bit of research that suggests fluoride can help prevent tooth decay; consumed in the right amounts it probably can help to some small degree... but you see, everyone consumes a different amount of tap water. There is no way to control the 'dose' of any single individual. The Government has essentially taken it upon themselves to medicate a whole population, regardless of those who don't want to receive such a medication.

Now you might think that the Government is wise, and is only doing what it thinks will benefit all of society, but there are several problems with their so called mass-medication scheme. First of all, the method of 'treatment' is completely absurd. Fluoride is intended to be applied to the surface of your teeth - it does not work by ingesting the tap water. There is absolutely no reason you would want to ingest a toxic waste material. Using fluoridated toothpaste (which typically contains high grade pharmaceutical fluoride and not toxic waste) is a much more logical and sane option.

Secondly, about 95% of all your tap water goes down the drain and therefore makes its way into natural water systems and does damage to the environment and the creatures living in that environment. In fact, the reason they stopped releasing the fluoride gases into the environment straight out of their smoke stacks was because it devastated the natural life living around the industrial plant producing the pollution. Now that toxic waste is instead captured and dripped directly into your water supply without any type of refinement or cleansing.

There are many differing opinions when it comes to this subject, and a lot of the studies done tend to contradict each other (a typically sign of propaganda and agenda pushing), but I think the following video really sums up what the vast majority of real experts have to say about the inherent health risks involved.

Professional Perspectives on Water Fluoridation

Is it really worth the risk?

Do you really believe all of this is done just to prevent tooth decay? Do you actually think all the potential health risks are worth this one debatable advantage? It's fairly obvious in my opinion, that no citizen should have to be subjected to non-consensual medication. Just because a vitamin pill might be good for my health, doesn't mean anyone can force me to take a vitamin pill. It is my choice and I should have that freedom to choose.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Try a Water Distiller. That's the one I use, and for $200 it removes everything from the water, from fluoride to other toxic chemicals (read: birth control residue) in the water supply.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Poison your self if you choose. Do not force it on me. Brush you damn teeth and go to the dentist if you are worried i do.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Oh dang...I only got 4 sentences into the op......I identified the severe lack of logic in the statement about the good of drinking treated water to get some of it on your teeth on it's way down the gulllet. let's start it....here in Texas we refuse to be unencumbered by the thought process....... that's the method of delivery for the remedy....what about the metering......at the water plant. see my previous posts from a year ago about what my water inspector friend told me....and our visit to work on the filters at a municipal supply plant. I'll stop there for now, I could fill volumes bud....

I would like to hear your further thoughts on your post.
1) severe lack of logic in the statement about the good of drinking treated water to get some on your teeth
2) water inspector friend told you what? link to your post
3) your visit to work on the filters...what about it? What type of filters exactly?

Thanks in advance!

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Thanks for the in depth info. This is a subject that is of great interest in our house because of my Sjogrens and the effects it can have on fluoride getting to the teeth, etc. The more info, the better.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Most people cannot dig their own wells, if they live in a city area, it's illegal and will result in a law suit from the city itself.

Fluoride is absolutely and infringement on people rights, because they do not have the choice, it is put into the public water system whether they like it, or not. Anything more that filtered and clean water is an infringement of people's rights.

So what additive is next? It's a slippery slope effect.

Catching rain water is illegal in many states and cities now. Google it and deny ignorance. People are getting sued by the cities they live in for collecting rain water. Fact.

I have a friend that lives in Ojai, California rural farm. The government forced him to put a water meter, on his own well that has been there since the 1950's, and sued him in federal court to make sure him complied. They also forced him to dismantle concrete water cisterns he had to catch rain water.

This is just the beginning of the water wars.

originally posted by: superman2012

It's so free that you can go ahead and dig your own well with the proper paperwork and build your own reverse osmosis water treatment plant to get rid of any fluoride that might be in the groundwater. Fluoride isn't an infringement of rights anymore then adding sodium hydroxide to raise the pH is.

edit on 20-2-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Oh cool I have some chrome-moly in my shop. I'm guna go chew on it. So not only will the molybdenum make my teeth healthy... but the chrome can make my teeth shiny too
(end sarcasm) or you could post a link to your source.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Metallicus was actually right on the money, in fact, the poison control center needs to be contacted if toothpaste is swallowed.

NLBS better watch out what he is prescribing here on ATS, because "Sodium Fluoride" is toxic.

www.nlm.nih.gov...

originally posted by: theNLBS

First comment was a drive-by BS spray... Looks frightening, sodium fluoride must be terrible.

Sodium fluoride therapy of postmenopausal osteoporosis.

More than 30 yr of research has clearly established sodium fluoride as the most potent agent currently available for increasing spinal bone mass.

Treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis with slow-release sodium fluoride. Final report of a randomized controlled trial.

Sodium Fluoride Treatment of Osteoporosis: Radiologic Findings

edit on 20-2-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
Most people cannot dig their own wells, if they live in a city area, it's illegal and will result in a law suit from the city itself.

Fluoride is absolutely and infringement on people rights, because they do not have the choice, it is put into the public water system whether they like it, or not. Anything more that filtered and clean water is an infringement of people's rights.

Catching rain water is illegal in many states and cities now. Google it and deny ignorance. People are getting sued by the cities they live in for collecting rain water. Fact.

I have a friend that lives in Ojai, California rural farm. The government forced him to put a water meter, on his own well that has been there since the 1950's, and sued him in federal court to make sure him complied. They also forced him to dismantle concrete water cisterns he had to catch rain water.

This is just the beginning of the water wars.

originally posted by: superman2012

If it infringes your rights so much, vote it out. It does not infringe your rights anymore than any other chemical added to your treated water supply...you did know that there are other chemicals right?

Nothing is stopping you from filtering out any chemicals added to water treatment either.

Please link to one law that states it is illegal to collect rainwater...ground water, yes...rainwater, no. I'll be patient.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join