It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS #38: Water Fluoridation, The Facts, The Crazy, and the Reality

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
We finally did it, we took a very common user request, water fluoridation, and sunk in our teeth (no pun intended) deep into the issues (okay, that was a pun). Of all the topics we looked at, this one is surrounded by an extraordinarily high level of wild histrionics, bizarre pseudo-science, obvious agendas, and outright lies that parrot often decades-old misconceptions. This was a tough one, our toughest yet, and involved nearly continues research since we turned off the camera after show 37. It's certianly clear that there are verified and important dental health benefits that result from drinking fluoridated water. But it's also painfully clear that no other topic has been so heavily influenced by disinformation and distortion; from both sides of the issue. As you'll see, we didn't take the easy road, and in fact, modified our conclusions mere hours before shooting the show. Enjoy.

Watch in HD on www.TheNLBS.com

Share this video. Tell your friends. Spread the Next Level BS!

Follow Next Level BS on Twitter @theNLBS

Subscribe to our YouTube channel

And get NLBS t-shirts and swag thenlbs.spreadshirt.com

Our Research:

+56 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This is a freedom of choice issue.

Regardless of your stance on water fluoridation, we should have the opportunity to decide what we take into our bodies. It is like telling a vegetarian they must eat meat. Sure it isn't going to hurt them, but they should have the right to choose what they put in their body.

edit on 2015/2/19 by Metallicus because: added pic

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

I'm going to watch the vid in a little while but the thing I'm looking for is the comments, I'm getting popcorn for this anyone want some while im up?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Can NLBS post a brief text summary of the videos in future posting please? I enjoy ATS from work 100% where IT security will notice the video bandwidth or outright block some sources ( youtube , etc ) This is a subject i find interesting and enjoy some of the posts from you guys

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

You are trying to pick a fight with Jesse aren't ya?! lol

That alone deserves a disco ball!

As to the rest, great job on informing on fluoride.

I was hoping that all of the hype was BS,
interesting to find that there is something to it, but not for the reasons everyone was saying,
but still the same end results.

Makes me wonder if they will drop fluoride from the drinking supply eventually.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Thanks for the hard work in getting this information together

In the UK we do not have fluoride added to the drinking water
So not so much of an issue here

However ... I feel a prior post makes a good point ... It should be a matter of personal choice
A tough one I know ... How do you make everyone happy ...
Either you take the fluoride from the water and allow people to purchase fluoride (With appropriate warnings)
Or you buy a filter to take it out

I personally would choose to have my drinking water free of fluoride
And would happily buy a filter to do that if it was necessary

We also have products that gives ones a choice such as fluoride free toothpaste

I think it is a matter of personal choice once one weighs up the facts ...
So thanks again for taking the hysteria out of this controversial subject

edit on 19-2-2015 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The problem, appears to be, the fact that finding anything with a good deal of scientific research backing any claim up, is almost impossible to find.

In most cases, the scientific studies that are publish tend to heavily be biased one side or the other, usualy by a good deal of incentive money (ie bribery) to make a study show the desired outcome.

This is why I have a hard time with most "scientific" studies done on any number of subjects; and what irritates me to no end with the people I end up getting in discussions with, be it my elderly mother, or the random person at the grocery store.

I do not think fluoride is a safe product, regardless of what the ADA, or any other agency shows me. If I can't EAT IT, because it'll make me sick, why would I want to DRINK it? (Toothpaste says not for internal use, and to seek immediate medical attention if ingested).

I'm glad the one study showed the neuro-toxic effect, at least it gives some reasonable points to those of us who think it shouldn't be used so widely.

What I would be interested to see, is if it builds up in the body. Just think, if you drink 8 8oz glasses of water a day, every day..

So just with numbers I know, or can find, and a little math, here is how much fluoride the average person consumes a year just from drinking water.

8 x 8 = 64 oz water / day
64 x 365 days = 23,360 oz a year.
Thats 182.5 gallons a year of water.
1.7 ppm of floride in 1 gallon is 0.000218 fluid oz.
0.000218 fl oz x 23,360 gallons = 5.09 fl.oz a year of fluoride.

I can't say I like that, but also considering all the other contaminates in water; I suppose we should all just give up, and remember that "No one gets out of this life alive, we're all gonna die eventually".

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Israel banned fluoride, in tap water, and we all know they are extremely slow over there. (Rolls eyes)

www.jpost.com...

But hey we all know the USA is a free country, and we are founded on everyone's individual rights and choices, so putting fluoride in water is not an infringement of freedoms? (Rolls eyes again)

Oh wait I think I'll forego the municipal water and save rain water. Oh wait that is illegal in many states to now. smh
edit on 19-2-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You do have a choice, don't drink it and find your own water source. Where I live, they don't the fact that there is flouride in the water and if I don't want to drink it, I'm not forced to.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: b14warrior

You do have a choice, don't drink it and find your own water source. Where I live, they don't the fact that there is flouride in the water and if I don't want to drink it, I'm not forced to.

You are correct, however municipal water systems are federally and state funded, so putting anything in them is actually an infringement of rights.

People should have a choice if they are paying into the system via taxes.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

We do have flouride added to our water here in the UK.
Not everywhere but in many place we do have it added.

And we do have a choice on whether we drink it or not.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Next Level BS #1: Next Level BS.....

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

Israel banned fluoride, in tap water, and we all know they are extremely slow over there. (Rolls eyes)

www.jpost.com...

But hey we all know the USA is a free country, and we are founded on everyone's individual rights and choices, so putting fluoride in water is not an infringement of freedoms? (Rolls eyes again)

Oh wait I think I'll forego the municipal water and save rain water. Oh wait that is illegal in many states to now. smh

i absolutely garantee that if flueride was not used in drinking water then the same people complaining about it being added now would inturn complain and have conspiracy theories about how the evil dental corporations are making money from the poor citizens when there is another option... No doubt.

Anyway good video by NLBS, looked at the issue critically and found that we may not need the flueride anymore due to the other options available to us now to take care of our teeth, because studies do show that it affects IQ.
edit on 19-2-2015 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Fun fact of ATS:
Been there done that..
Post by Loam.
Fluoridation: A conspiracy so old, we think it's normal

You can say what you want.. Start by disproving the post above..

Highlight of the post above..

originally posted by: loam

originally posted by: HowardRoark
The denatl associations seem to approve of flouridation.

Did you not read who opposes it?

American Cancer Society
American Heart Association
National Kidney Foundation
American Academy of Allergy and Immunology
American Diabetes Association
Society of Toxicology
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Activation Network
American Psychiatric Association
American Chiropractic Association
American Civil Liberties Union
National Institute of Law Municipal Officers

edit on 2/19/2015 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/19/2015 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Does anyone know a brand of water filter which would remove the fluoride?

(I know such a filter would have to be somewhat a 'specialty' item, as we have always used filters and my husband says he's never seen one that removes fluoride)

What about methods to remove fluoride build up from one's body?

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

originally posted by: b14warrior

You are correct, however municipal water systems are federally and state funded, so putting anything in them is actually an infringement of rights.

People should have a choice if they are paying into the system via taxes.

Vote.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl
Does anyone know a brand of water filter which would remove the fluoride?

(I know such a filter would have to be somewhat a 'specialty' item, as we have always used filters and my husband says he's never seen one that removes fluoride)

What about methods to remove fluoride build up from one's body?

Thanks!

Reverse Osmosis

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Darn those pesky complaining people how dare they exercise their 1st amendment rights.

Love everyone of them, whether they are right or wrong.

originally posted by: kykweer

i absolutely garantee that if flueride was not used in drinking water then the same people complaining about it being added now would inturn complain and have conspiracy theories about how the evil dental corporations are making money from the poor citizens when there is another option... No doubt.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded

They oppose what? In the article it only says:

From August 1995 to August 1996, the American Dental Association's list of endorsements diminished by the following eleven national associations and organizations.

followed by the list that you have in your post.

It doesn't say why or what. Only that the list of endorsements diminished. Was there more?
I went to the American Cancer Society website, the part that specifically deals with Fluoride, and they most definitely do not say they are against it, in fact, if you read through the whole page, you will see that there is decidedly more proof (and proof of the anti-fluoride groups lies) that there is ZERO connection between fluoride and cancer.
However, you can Google :

From August 1995 to August 1996, the American Dental Association's list of endorsements diminished by the following eleven national associations and organizations.

from your link and you will see it said over and over and over on anti-fluoride sites...again, without saying why or what.

Not surprised though. My daughter still believes in monsters too.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

It seems you haven't watched the video. Otherwise, you wouldn't have used that image in your response.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join