It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Circumcised men may soon be able to REGROW their foreskin!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
a reply to: JohnPhoenix
Funny you should mention that, as I gave this some thought. This could be a blessing that goes beyond just foreskins. Before you think otherwise, consider this. As a person ages, they get to a point where the skin is very thin, small abrasions can open up to wounds on the body. Skin get thin and easy to tear. This could be something that could have a benefit to a lot of people, especially the elderly. And if they get this technique down to where they can redo skin, then it could be used in other applications where tissue has been damaged. Think about it, how many people need an organ transplant? And all that goes into what is required? What if they can now make a person a new heart, or lungs, or kidneys or livers or any other organs out there. It would reduce down the number of people who are waiting lists to get a new organ that could be rejected, and processes like dialysis and diabetes may become a thing of the past.

I could definitely use a new layer of skin. Mine is extremely thin and I'm only in my 40's. I have the skin of someone who's elderly because of immune problems. Even though age wise I'm in my 40's, body wise, I'm in my 90's. I had a bone scan done and they discovered this. My skin breaks into sores constantly. Just sleeping and rolling wrong can cause a sore. I wouldn't mind trying an application such as this after a few trials. My bones are even in their 90's. I've already been told it's a matter or time before I'll need double hip replacement surgery. I already have spurs on my right hip that make sleeping a massive difficulty.

That is an excellent idea Cigar Pig! Like you I can see the good uses of this, not just the sexual.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Circumcision is part of western culture ?
Why do you consider the dogmatic religious practices of Jewish people and Muslims as part of the western culture ?

It's only really a US thing in the 'Western' world, very small minority of European male infants get their genitals cut.
The UK National Health Service will generally not fund or carry out the procedure unless there is a pressing medical need.
www.nhs.uk...

Most healthcare professionals maintain that the potential benefits of circumcision are not strong enough to justify routine childhood circumcision.
Critics of circumcision argue that it has disadvantages, such as:
Reduced sensitivity – an uncircumcised penis is more sensitive than a circumcised penis, meaning that circumcised men may experience less pleasure during sex.
Potential complications of circumcision – these include excessive bleeding, post-operative infection and, in rare cases, injury to the urethra.
These complications are thought to outweigh any potential benefits.

Critics have also argued that routinely circumcising baby boys on medical grounds violates the principle of consent to treatment. They say that circumcision should only be performed when a boy is old enough to make an informed decision about whether he wishes to be circumcised.

The new advances as described in the OP will not have many clients requesting it in the UK as we generally do not needlessly cut the genitals of our male infants.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj
Well as I pointed out, especially with replacement surgery, the biggest problem is rejection. What a person has to go through is non too nice, first finding a compatiable donor, then they are on medication that pretty much gives the person a form of AIDS for years until the chance of the body rejecting the new organ has pass. And there are a large number of people who are on the list for such. If they could regrow new organs it may be a blessing, especially if it has 0 chance of rejection. Then perhaps they can then learn to regrow other things like teeth, bones and hair. Can you think of any number of people who could benefit from such? I can.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
a reply to: Anyafaj
Well as I pointed out, especially with replacement surgery, the biggest problem is rejection. What a person has to go through is non too nice, first finding a compatiable donor, then they are on medication that pretty much gives the person a form of AIDS for years until the chance of the body rejecting the new organ has pass. And there are a large number of people who are on the list for such. If they could regrow new organs it may be a blessing, especially if it has 0 chance of rejection. Then perhaps they can then learn to regrow other things like teeth, bones and hair. Can you think of any number of people who could benefit from such? I can.

I can as well. And if they can do this without the tissue rejection as they claim, it would be wonderful for so many patients because then they wouldn't need the anti-rejection drug therapy! This is all, of course, a very big if!

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join