It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just....pissed off at my body

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I just want to scream...and punch a pillow....but I can't. So there's my rant. I want to scream # you at my own body.

You've always struck me as a strong, independent and resourceful person. Punching pillows might be fine right now and maybe a little screaming too...

If you're half the person I think you are, you'll overcome, collect your feelings and move on.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Aw, thanks. Part of the secret is getting feelings out though, which sometimes gives my entourage the impression I am extremely fragile and inept. Like if I get very stressed, I will go off in a corner when I have a minute and cry.
I have seen friends and coworkers get very worried at that, as if they think I am going to have a mental breakdown.
But in my mind, doing things like crying, or verbally venting, get rid of the hormonal overload that could impact my mind and body negatively otherwise.

KInda of like when a plane must make a stop in an unplanned place to repair something, so they dump fuel before landing, and the passengers get alarmed when they see that- but it's actually quite reasonable and safer that way.

I dislike detours, I dislike change in plans. But after some initial screaming, I'll adapt.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I dislike detours, I dislike change in plans. But after some initial screaming, I'll adapt.

That's the spirit! I'm notoriously resistant to change too.

People talk about mind-body dichotomies in the abstract around here. When mind or body goes, or weakens, it's a really jarring experience isn't it? Fortunately tennis elbow is a temporary condition. The key point is to identify which activity triggered it and then change how you do that activity or avoid it altogether.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
excessive inflammatory issues can be solved by: diet, exercise, and stress reduction

if you don't exercise start walking, or jogging. Eat real food (fruits, vegetables, etc). Write a letter/email/whatever to your boss and tell him exactly what is going on, this will take the stress off of you. Love unconditionally.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I can sympathize with your fear of losing employment, but not about your tennis elbow.
I live every day only using one arm, one hand. The other is completely paralyzed. It has feeling and it's in pain right now. I just can't move it. I get frustrated by it as well but there's people far worse off than you or me. Cliche I know but it's a fact.

Anyways good luck

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
excessive inflammatory issues can be solved by: diet, exercise, and stress reduction

if you don't exercise start walking, or jogging. Eat real food (fruits, vegetables, etc). Write a letter/email/whatever to your boss and tell him exactly what is going on, this will take the stress off of you. Love unconditionally.

It turns out one of the most aggravating factors was the eliptic bike machine at the gym, which I was doing really heavily, five days a week. Now I feel stupid.

Been resting a week, getting injections that burn like hell, but I think it's getting better.

Thanks for the supporting words everyone.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

and a bloody good egg to boot!

Oh you really are a pom arent you . lol

Slinks away as Australia just got beat by New Zealand in cricket .

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
I have Tennis elbow, and I don't even play tennis. It's just from work, and I have been on anti-inflammatories for three weeks, arm in a brace, and now it is happeninng in the other arm because I have been doing everything with the left arm/hand at work.

I am just so pissed. I have to stop working for a while, I just can't perform anymore. This is France, so I'll continue to get paid, and my doctor has been trying to get me to stop for a while, but I know my boss won't feel he can count on me anymore.

Maybe I am just a typical Capricorn, but so much of my self esteem comes through work, this just crushes me. I am crying like a baby. I am sure they won't keep me once my current contract is up. I am too old- 47 must be too old for such physical work (I am a cook). I just want to scream...and punch a pillow....but I can't. So there's my rant. I want to scream # you at my own body.

I too have tendonitis (tennis elbow) from computer work/activities, so the IT guy at work showed me how to switch the mouse to use with my left hand, and I switch back and forth now and again. So, give it a try, to relieve your strained arm. Click on that Microsoft icon, should be on the bottom-left of your screen, type in 'mouse' and click on the 'switch' function (but this may just work with certain meeces). Also, you may want to google the specific arm and hand exercises which help strengthen the muscles of the arm, specifically in relation to tendonitis. It sucks getting old and/or working on the computer way too much.
edit on 28-2-2015 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I have got a bad wrist. Too much repetitive motion

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join