It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Episode: Fluoride- post your own research & observations

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008
It's not a medication. It's a mineral. The mineral is used as a medication.

Don't use it if it offends/scares you. It's a personal choice, as it should be.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Thanks for digging.

I found it interesting because I've been seeing these kind of graphics more often lately. Seems like they are taylor made to refute "inconvenient conspiracy" notions.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: RustyHook

According to the WHO, 66-80% of fluoride intake comes from water.

Right. That was never disputed.

How did you arrive at that conclusion?

1 cup of watermelon (154 grams) has 10 ppm
1 cup of water has .175 ppm
to get it up to 10 ppm, you have to times it by 57(ish).

Why do you even think they are adding it to water if you can get those levels from the food you are eating anyways?

People that can't afford to look after their teeth, aren't usually eating the foods listed in that link. Water is the cheapest and best (for now) method to keep their teeth healthy. Short of giving free fluoride drops I don't see a better way. Lots of liability issues for giving the drops away...I mean..for gawds sake, they have warning labels on irons not to iron your clothes while wearing them...

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

I wasn't going to respond to this but since the OP thought it was on topic enough to discuss I will do my best to explain my point of view on this one:

The only difference between toxic and lethal is the dosage.

Toxic and lethal are totally different things.

I will break it down, please give me a chance it should take less than a couple of paragraphs.

Something can be toxic, yet not lethal, also, things can be lethal but not toxic.

Examples:

The contents of a bullet could be considered toxic, but if someone shoots you, it's not the toxicity of the bullet that killed you. It's the physical trauma caused by the bullet that killed you.

Now your previous mention of water being lethal, sure, it could be...water can kill you many different ways drowning is one.

To drink enough water and die from it was not from it's toxicity but from your body's inability to intake that much water, like that poor lady who died trying to win a Nintendo Wi for her kids.

I'm guessing the most toxic thing in the water that killed her was the fluoride sad but most likely true. Hopefully my explanation helped describe the differences between the two in the way you which intended to portray them.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Touchy subject...the sort of one that can make or break a show....gl

Considering all the foods available to ingest to get a healthy dose of fluoride,i see no reason to be adding it to the water supply......

The argument that it is for our health is nothing more than a big fat lie....if "they" were interested in peoples health they would have banned smoking long ago and there would not be a bottle shop on every corner......"they" HAVE ONLY PROFITS IN MIND and by fluoridating the water to reduce dentist visits is NLBS.....

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

What point are you trying to make then with the watermelon? Looks like you are saying that average fluoride intake from food is higher than from water, which, according to the WHO is not true.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if fluoride isn't calcifying every one of our pineal glands....Dumbed down like cows, we are. a reply to: theNLBS

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Where I work we have lots of chemicals. Of course that means a lot of control procedures and safety protocols. Like any other facility we have storm drains, sewer, and chemical lines. The purpose, or course, is to keep anything harmful out of the natural waterways. What I found particularly interesting is that we could receive a massive fine from the EPA...if we let water from the DRINKING FOUNTAIN go down the storm drain! According to the EPA there the fluoride in our drinking water is too contaminated to allow it to enter natural waterways. Any city water has to be routed through the chemical lines. The only thing we can allow down a storm drain at our facility is rain. What is really stupid is that across the street is a sub-division where people water their lawns and wash their cars with the same water...that ends up in the storm sewer. If that's not big government in action please tell me what is...

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Hey again. Can you post your pic of the sacks of Sodium Fluorosilicate again from your work? The one with the warnings on it =b

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I have some questions.

What is the bodies mechanism for processing and or removing flouride?

Where is it found in the body?

Does it cross the BBB?

Is it processed in the liver?

Is it chelatable? (Word??)

Anyhow, good discussion, I've learned a lot.

Like toxic=everything. Non toxic = not something

Or something. Very poor discourse fellas.
edit on 17-2-2015 by ISawItFirst because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: real_one

Water, H20, is also an industrial waste product...

Is pure H20 (water) considered toxic to humans and the environment?

If you breathe it, you can die. If you ingest enough of it, you can die. It can, over time, eat away and destroy other hard substances like iron. It's not so much the substance as it is the dose.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Philippines

Hey again. Can you post your pic of the sacks of Sodium Fluorosilicate again from your work? The one with the warnings on it =b

lol, yes sir. I apologize for the lack of quality on the pic. Also, I should mention that I don't work directly with water plants that fluoridate the water, but there is fluoride at a water plant. Different company.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: RustyHook

What point are you trying to make then with the watermelon? Looks like you are saying that average fluoride intake from food is higher than from water, which, according to the WHO is not true.

Right, it isn't true. All I was trying to show was that there is more fluoride in watermelon than treated drinking water. Of course we get more fluoride from water on average. We drink it, use it for cooking, etc.

Edit: I guess the point I was also trying to make was that there is no reason to fear it, as it is everywhere. To single out one item, because it is added (water), is crazy when there are other places where it is naturally occurring. That's like being afraid of bullets in a handgun, but not bullets in a rifle. Bullets are bullets. (I know some will draw a literal connection between my example...that's for them to do...I can't control other peoples thoughts.....yet.)

edit on 18-2-2015 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012

originally posted by: RustyHook

Right, it isn't true. All I was trying to show was that there is more fluoride in watermelon than treated drinking water. Of course we get more fluoride from water on average. We drink it, use it for cooking, etc.

Edit: I guess the point I was also trying to make was that there is no reason to fear it, as it is everywhere. To single out one item, because it is added (water), is crazy when there are other places where it is naturally occurring. That's like being afraid of bullets in a handgun, but not bullets in a rifle. Bullets are bullets. (I know some will draw a literal connection between my example...that's for them to do...I can't control other peoples thoughts.....yet.)

First, thanks for posting that pic again!

Second, yes fluoride is everywhere in varying forms. Because it is everywhere is probably an argument to not add it to the water supply though, as the saying goes, moderation in everything =b

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Philippines

Right, but the majority of people drink water which would be a far superior delivery method than hoping they eat foods with it in.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Okay.

We just finished the show. This was a really difficult one. The mad claims surrounding this issue are more hysterical than even I -- with some experience on fluoride conspiracies -- expected.

In fact… we ended up modifying our conclusion, a couple times, just minutes before our final recording.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Can't wait to watch it! How long until it is up?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Cool.

I really want to watch this one.
Growing up I had to do the fluoride swishes in a cup and I have heard all sorts of claims since that it is really bad for people.
I've always wondered, so hopefully this will either get me mad as hell, or easy what little worry I had about it...lol

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

About an hour, more or less.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join