It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Cops Have Killed Every 8 Hours in 2015

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FalcoFan

Lots of opinion...

...got any facts to support your statements???????????

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: stolencar18

I earned the 2 beat downs I received from the police.

They would have had every right in my opinion to shoot me.

Being respectful isn't hard unless someone is an idiot (like I was at a younger age).

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Ref: www.answers.com...

Since 13 people are killed by another person every 8 hours in the USA, and police are responsible for 1 of the 13, is that a horrible ratio? After all, Police are the public's armed protectors.
-cwm

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Kryties

I was kind of responding to the entire thread i dont know why i clicked on your name. But yeah with power comes responsibility.

Probably because I am awesomeness personified and your mouse was magnetically attracted to my name automatically.

Back on topic: It's actually a rare occurrence for an Australian police officer to draw his firearm - and when they do it's usually only after they have exhausted all other tactics and methods. I watch episodes of US Cops and other reality police shows and see the way US police interact with the public - usually so jumpy you can practically see the skipping rope, and it's vastly different to how Australian cops treat us here.

Accountability is a big issue. If US cops knew they were going to be held accountable for their actions then you would see a large improvement and a decrease in the amount of people dying at their hands.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FalcoFan

To bad the officer was not having a total roid rage at the time, you might have got what you claim you deserved.

edit on 18-2-2015 by AlaskanDad because: ooops used both wasn't and not.... mornings

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

If you don't like the laws in your country, by the way, you can always move.

Or make just laws to correct the dysfunctional society we now have, duh!

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Needed to respond to that twice eh? You asked for facts earlier. Do you have any facts that aren't manipulated and twisted? No, I didn't think so.

If you don't like opinions get off of internet forums. These places are full of them.

Here's a very simple fact...If you break the law and get in an armed situation and refuse to obey the police you deserve to be shot. If you point what even LOOKS like a gun at a cop you deserve to get shot. Don't hide behind the "it was a bb gun" bs. The intent and message being delivered to the cop are the same.

Oh and one more thing, so we're clear....You're in the minority. Most people actually LIKE the police and support them. Personally I think anyone who wants to publicly complain about the police or trash them should have to post their criminal records as well, just to show they're not biased. Obviously that can't happen, but you seem intelligent enough to get my point.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Blah, blah, blah, no facts just your opinions which is considered very lame at ATS.

edit on 18-2-2015 by AlaskanDad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Interesting database.

I'm not through them all yet, but judging from the links I've followed so far, it seems to me that we wouldn't be having this issue if people didn't point guns or fire at officers or other people.

Or throw rocks, sleep as a homeless person "somewhere they thought you shouldn't", answer the door as a child holding a game controller, sell cigarettes on a street in NY, be an old person asleep in your own house and get mistaken for a drug dealer who lives next door, etc.

Yes, guns do get pointed at them on occasion however, they have killed far too many people who were in no way acting dangerous enough to be executed by these thugs on the spot.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TRiPWiRE

I counted. Did you?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

I counted. Did you?

That's not the point I'm (clumsily), trying to make. There are too many deaths involving police shooting at someone for inane reasons. Like I said - yes, they do stare down a barrel sometimes however, there is no excuse for the number of people killed for minor infringements. You can tally up the causes of shootings, that's good, but until we see a stop to excessive force for no reason, I'll be only taking notice of the extreme end of these figures.

EDIT: When babies asleep in their cots are flashbanged by overzealous Police, there is a pretty major problem, as far as I'm concerned.
edit on 18/2/15 by TRiPWiRE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Steroids plus bubbafied white man culture plus varying forms of PTSD don't mix well.

Man can only keep that sarcastic tough guy bravado going for so long and then it begins whittling him away and he snaps.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Actually what stats there are show that deaths occur in (if i'm remembering right) .0023 or .003 percent of all public interactions with law enforcement. When all focus on is the negative, it can seem like it is all overwhelmingly negative. But as the OP stated (I believe) no one really keeps accurate, all-inclusive records. It would probably be to law enforcement's benefit if there was such a thing.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I mean this with all due respect: Do you honestly believe that every country reports accurate stats? Also, do you suppose items like torture or undocumented imprisonements are all reported? This is the problem with stats like this and thought processes like yours. The US is a fairly open country when it comes to finding these things - everyone with a camera on every corner reports every incident in real time.

Let's look at this another way.
What percentage of law enforcement interactions are negative (I don't just mean shootings. I mean any interaction that one would deem unlawful on their part, unjust, or downright cruel)?
Now....Would you agree that 99.99%+ of all LEO interactions are are actually positive?
If not...would you agree that 99% are positive?
At what point would YOU be happy with LEO performance?

Let's look at another example.
What percentage (we'll guess here) of interactions with the pizza delivery guy are negative (short changing you, dropped your pizza, ate a piece of the toppings, delivered it cold, etc). Say....5-10%?
So a greater percentage of pizza delivery guy interactions are negative than LEO interactions. Now....I know you're all saying "that's a terrible example. The pizza guy never (well...rarely) shoots anyone, beats anyone, etc".

That's very true.

How many times do they save your life?
Or your childrens?
How many times do they stop property theft or damage?
How many times do they stop some tool from beating up his girlfriend?
How many times does the pizza guy stop losers from molesting kids?

Point is, you're harping on and on about a borderline immeasurable statistic that is so miniscule that there are no accurate statistics about it while completely forgetting that nearly ALL interactions with LEO on a daily basis are positive. For every 1 story you see on the news remember there are millions of great stories where someone is grateful that some police officer risked his life to get her psycho boyfriend to stop kicking her ass.

Get some perspective on things. You're more likely to die in a plane crash or get hit by a car tomorrow or literally die in your sleep than you are to get shot by a police officer. Unless you're going to start threads about banning cars (or at least covering them in foam), giving all plane passenger ejection seats and training, and mandating someone watch everyone while they sleep just in case they need to be revived I suggest you quit beating on this issue. The vast majority of these people are heroes.

PS...your source is garbage. Not only does it list the USA as the best on it's list, it's someone's personal BLOG. It's OPINION. It's not fact. It's someone (or a group of people it seems) that started a blog about LEO schools. Do you have any real sources or are you really this big of a fool?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

The fact is this: cops kill people and the VAST majority of them did something to deserve it.

I think you should be grateful you live in a country where the police are as good as they actually are. Where you have the freedoms you have. The problem with people like you and so many other anti-police or anti-wealth people is they are so spoiled rotten and greedy and selfish that they can't see the freedoms and luxuries they live in while others in the world would beg and steal to get what we have. Make no mistake - on a global scheme, you are the 1%. The fact that you have the freedom to complain about your government is a luxury most don't have.

America's police are not all as great as you may think:

Jon Burge
Jon Burge is a former Chicago Police Department detective who oversaw the torture of hundreds of Black men resulting in false confessions between 1972 and 1991. Burge would burn suspects with radiators and cigarettes, and electrocute their testicles. Although Burge was protected by the statute of limitations for his crimes, he was convicted for lying about the torture in January of this year.

Joseph Miedzianowski
Joseph Miedzianowski was a Chicago police officer labeled as the most corrupt cop. Miedzianowski served as both police officer and drug kingpin using his knowledge of the streets and gangs to shake down drug dealers. For most of his 22-year career, Miedzianowski would run the Chicago Gangs Unit, while running his own drug gang at the same time. Miedzianowski would be convicted of 10 counts including drug conspiracy and racketeering in 2001.

source

I feel so much safer knowing these type things are happening in the US of A!
edit on 18-2-2015 by AlaskanDad because: format change

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

And this was just good policing?

Unlike you I realize police are both good and bad, yet I see the need for holding bad cops responsible for their crimes!

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Thank you for proving my point. Hundreds of thousands of LEO's....a virtually immeasurable percentage that are bad.

Did it ever occur to you that if everyone posted videos of harmless/beneficial/positive LEO interactions the way the post the bad ones...I'm not even going to finish that sentence. You'll never understand. I don't know if you're capable. You're too hellbent on using very poor sources that talk about the "top 5 bad cops (from 20+ years ago)" or one viral picture of a cop on a university campus with some protesters that you will never realize that behind every crappy cop there are 100,000 great ones.

I really don't think you should be posting on this forum until you get your head sittin a bit straighter. Yes...there ARE bad cops. We've all admitted it. But there's bad EVERYTHING. There's bad teachers. Bad doctors. Bad bus drivers. Bad pharmacists. Bad airline pilots. Bad soldiers. Bad truckers. Bad cooks. "Bad" exists in any profession and lifestyle in life. The only reason people whine in such blithering, senseless fashion about LEO's is because they believe every bit of propaganda clickbait on the internet and are incapable of thinking for themselves.

Next time you get in your car look around you. Is that oncoming trucker suicidal? What about the bus driver? Did that guy at the bank just get screwed over by someone and he's there hopped up on drugs with a gun? Bad people are EVERYWHERE. What is your obsession with police when any rational person would agree that a police officer is under more scrutiny and pressure than almost any other role and by FAR they are an excellent group of people.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I see you have you finally to admitted are bad cops, yet you still have not admitted that the bad cops should be held responsible for their crimes.

I wonder why?

All I see in your arguments is opinions and facts you've made up, not a very impressive argument on your part, is it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join