It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British SAS soldiers told save the last bullet for yourself; Don't be taken alive by ISIS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Heres a novel idea, why participate in all of this? Be an SAS man? Why? Isis? Why?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642
Only place I've heard of that was Yemen and it was years ago.

If that was the late '89 one, that was it. It's been 25 years. I saw this thing just before I ETS'd, maybe 3 months before.

It was about as gruesome as you could want. There was a lot of background info, but all we were interested in was what happened. Didn't do it real fast either, used a big knife.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CX
Just to say, the MOD don't tend to comment on special forces tactics...so i'd imagine this is just something made up by the paper to sound dramatic enough to fill a coloumn.....which leads me on to the newspaper itself.

The Daily Star....sigh.

Only one step up from the Sunday Sport.

Give it time and Jihadi John will be outed as Elvis who started ISIS when his new career as a chip shop assistant went pear shaped.

CX.

There's this magical thing called search engines. You can search to see if it pops up in a "legitimate" news site that is more your taste instead of complaining over every last thing. Heaven forbid a Mod visit your thread. The horror!

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj
The elite troop has been ordered to 'fight to the last man'.

The soldiers have also been told “save the last bullet for yourselves” if they are “surrounded and without hope of being rescued”.

The orders follow the murder of a Jordanian jet pilot who was burned to death after his plane was shot down.

SAS commanders have told their troops it would be virtually impossible to rescue them because the militants move prisoners daily.

Their capture would be a major prize for the jihadis, who would inflict weeks of torture before executing them.

One source said last night: “The SAS have been told that if they are captured they can expect to be tortured before being beheaded, disembowelled or burned alive. They know there is virtually no chance of being rescued.

“Most of the guys would never let themselves be taken prisoner – not by Islamic State (IS).”

The source said if SAS soldiers were captured they would expect the British Government to do the “honourable thing” and order an airstrike on the compound where they were being held.

Considering what they did to the Jordanian pilot, if this report is true and not a rumor, I can't say I blame the British Government. We know IS is getting more and more "creative" in their torture techniques and in how they are murdering people, God only knows what they would do to someone from England, or worse, a soldier from the US. Now with more of our troops going back over there, I can only pray they stay safe and are not captured and we don't have to find out.

Don't worry about it, its just the PTB striking fear in the hearts of anyone they can and making sure they stay afraid for as long as possible, makes them easier to control that way.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
a reply to: Feltrick

The poem by Kipling on a past conflict years ago. Topical, methiks...

The final verse...

When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains,
And the women come out to cut up what remains,
Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
An' go to your Gawd like a soldier.

Source

Regards

British pilots during early last century conflicts in the east were told to keep a round for themselves if they didn't want to be sodomized in the event they were captured.
edit on 18-2-2015 by Logarock because: n

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
It isn't just pilots or sf blokes it can happen to. It can be anybody. Look at the rmp's in Majar al Kabir who were gunned down or the Royal Irish in Sierra Leone who were tortured and raped. In the fog of war and the ever changing situations that can flip over in the blink of an eye, anybody can be captured or cut off.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I just read a thread where someone was being slated for posting The Lancet as a source, which is one of the most respected medical journals in the world.

Yet a quote from the Daily Star opens up a debate!

Funny old world. ..

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

It isn't just pilots or sf blokes it can happen to. It can be anybody. Look at the rmp's in Majar al Kabir who were gunned down or the Royal Irish in Sierra Leone who were tortured and raped. In the fog of war and the ever changing situations that can flip over in the blink of an eye, anybody can be captured or cut off.

As I said those are the ones we know about.

Nobody really know the rates of SAS/SBS captured, killed or wounded as that information is kept secret from the public.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

As I said those are the ones we know about.

Nobody really know the rates of SAS/SBS captured, killed or wounded as that information is kept secret from the public.
the only time the public will ever hear about anything mission specific or get any details is if the enemy or an outside source leaks it. The Basra 2 or more recently in Libya for instance. Special forces casualties are lower than you would expect, but when you compare the casualties to the actual manpower available they are shockingly high. Occasionally the MOD will release a name but give his cap badge as his parent unit. 99% of what the tabloid newspapers release is just made up mumbo jumbo.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I clicked on the link, got as far as watching the url load up with "dailystar" and never got much further.

I do not doubt that any solider fighting IS would probably save the last bullet for himself

But I also doubt that the SAS have actually been ordered to kill themselves.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Don't save a bullet.
Carry a extra grenade and take a few ISIS with you.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
Don't save a bullet.
Carry a extra grenade and take a few ISIS with you.

Been said before and got deleted by mods.

CX

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Lol.....you have a good day.

CX.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CX

Lol.....you have a good day.

CX.

No hard feelings on this end.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

this line of thought caught my eye & attention from the OP link:

...The source said if SAS soldiers were captured they would expect the British Government to do the “honourable thing” and order an airstrike on the compound where they were being held.

now If SAS soldiers or USA pilots had a RFID chip implanted in their bodies...unknown to the captors...
then drones cruising by might be able to pick up the weak and limited signal... to allow the captured military personnel to be pinpointed and silent drones with Panoramic cameras to scout the location....

eventual rescue or air strikes could be recommended and conducted....

there is definitely a need to have the ability to track individual/ or small groups of Jihadists
and our own military assets too... to have any chance of terminating the foes and tracking our own if they become casualties or prisoners in distress

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
now If SAS soldiers or USA pilots had a RFID chip implanted in their bodies...unknown to the captors...
then drones cruising by might be able to pick up the weak and limited signal...

RFID implants don't emit signals. In fact, they never transmit at all.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

But surely they should have found a way to ensure that circling drones can pick up some sort of signature by now?

I heard that these IS guys basically use old school tactics against an 'enemy from the future', who are so full of electronic sophistry that they sometimes miss a trick in ordinary cloak & dagger ops. Thus, IS won't use mobile phones, will use decoy people and vehicles to disorient and confuse anyone watching via drone, will only use web-connective equipment under very precise and controlled circumstances, all shrouded with a lot of back channel disinformation through poor people willing to pass along rumours for the sake of the next meal.

My thoughts are that each special forces operative should have a web/sat connected implant at the base of the brain, which transmits data including location at prompting of central command, or via speech, if triggered by a particular string of phonetics (so you don't waste power recording every conversation). There would, in my opinion, be no shame in including a 'kill-switch' function - which would utilise available battery power to burn painlessly through your brain stem if you were in a no-hope situation. With the functionality described, a no-hope situation would be a lot less frequent than would otherwise be the case, due to GPS tracking & intel-sourcing via the speech capture. You could even have your last words transmitted & recorded to be given to your family members once the mission was out of the live phase, when formal grieving could begin.

And if anyone says that it would be too costly, that's nonsense. Each SAS man costs upwards of $2,000,000 to train, and the required tech would be no more than $40,000 as a very casual estimate, possibly even less. It would be impossible for the enemy to remove it without killing the hostage, in which case their position would already be known. The potential for intelligence acquisition makes it a viable tool of advanced warfare, as well as a last line of defence from torture & loss of sensitive intelligence, if a man felt he could take no more, and self-initiated the 'kill-switch'.

I fully acknowledge that the Elite occupy an indefensible position, with regards to the way that war is a profitable business, and the way that poverty can be used as a weapon - in fact they perpetrate all sorts of evils for the sake of money and control.

There is little that can be said - they know they cannot defend their position ethically. As for the rest of us, we do what we can. If you have the heart of a warrior, train for special forces, and pray that you have opportunities to help others through the means you have been trained in. Forget the fat cats, the Universe will take care of them - do what you can in the here & now.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Well good thing the SAS and Navy SEALS are the most highly skilled and trained operational forces on the planet.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

My thoughts are that each special forces operative should have a web/sat connected implant at the base of the brain, which transmits data including location at prompting of central command, or via speech, if triggered by a particular string of phonetics (so you don't waste power recording every conversation). There would, in my opinion, be no shame in including a 'kill-switch' function - which would utilise available battery power to burn painlessly through your brain stem if you were in a no-hope situation. With the functionality described, a no-hope situation would be a lot less frequent than would otherwise be the case, due to GPS tracking & intel-sourcing via the speech capture. You could even have your last words transmitted & recorded to be given to your family members once the mission was out of the live phase, when formal grieving could begin

Like most posts on ATS regarding the activities of Special Forces.

Too many Movies.....

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join