It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation and Karma

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Hey guys,

I'd like to discuss the topic(s)? of reincarnation and karma.

I believe the two are linked together, and depending on your karma (actions you choose to make in your life, good or bad) depends on what you will come back as (assuming reincarnation is real)

I'd like to keep religion out of this if possible, unless it has something to do with the "white light" or "white tunnel" people have mentioned after having a NDE.

To any knowledgeable souls out there (maybe you have learned from OBEs), is there a way to escape this cycle of reincarnation?

I remember reading a while back about how the Earth is a prison planet designed to keep souls from escaping the cycle, but I'm not sure what to think about that theory.

What are your views on reincarnation?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: toxicspikes

Yeah I believe in something like this.

You keep coming back until your ready to move on...

leolady

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: leolady

Yeah I believe in something like this.

You keep coming back until your ready to move on...

leolady

But what if I'm the one who decides I'm ready to move on? I can just up and leave right?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I hate the idea of reincarnation, mainly because this one time around the block has been anything but pleasant or easy. However, are there lessons I still need to learn in terms of edging closer to my spiritual potential? I'm sure there are. My fear though is that if I were to reincarnate into different circumstances that would surely alter the way I see and understand things and maybe influence me to develop less than I am currently, then of what use has this present life been?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Yes I believe you are the one who decides you are ready and I think it happens in a spiritual sense after you pass from your current physical body. A decision to move on to the next dimensional chapter or remain for a new one in this dimension if you will.

leolady

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface

I hate the idea of reincarnation, mainly because this one time around the block has been anything but pleasant or easy. However, are there lessons I still need to learn in terms of edging closer to my spiritual potential? I'm sure there are. My fear though is that if I were to reincarnate into different circumstances that would surely alter the way I see and understand things and maybe influence me to develop less than I am currently, then of what use has this present life been?

That's a good point. More questions seem to just lead to more questions. If what leolady says is true, then it seems we can each decide whether to come back or not. if that's the case then all is good

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: leolady

If that's the case then I'm all for moving forward. I see too much pain and suffering on this planet. Sure, there's a lot of good too, but I wouldn't like to come back here again due to the way the world currently is.

I just hope the next dimension/plane/place of existence is more peaceful than this one!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

So, since you don't want religion in this topic....Who does your answer whether or not you are ready to move onto go? I really would hate to say it, but all you naysayers out there with your "alternative theories" all lead back to God making the final decision, or someone you need to answer to one way or another...But those of you too blind to see, it is unfortunate...

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

So, since you don't want religion in this topic....Who does your answer whether or not you are ready to move onto go? I really would hate to say it, but all you naysayers out there with your "alternative theories" all lead back to God making the final decision, or someone you need to answer to one way or another...But those of you too blind to see, it is unfortunate...

I don't believe in religion because from my perspective, religious texts were written a long time ago, have been translated many times, and the original messages are probably long missing.

Having sad that, I DO believe in a creator/god, I just don't believe in religion. Besides, aren't ALL religions worshiping the same god?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Just because you think you are ready does not mean so.

What have you done to help your fellow man whom you see suffering. Or do you just wallow in your own sorrows as most do because you do not feel you have the means to do a darn thing about it. Do you just want to turn your head the other way and move on because it hurts to see the suffering in so many.

You may think you are ready when indeed maybe you are not.

What do I know ? Not much...
leolady

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

I'm not a naysayer and I do believe in a higher power whatever that may be.
It may not be the same exact belief as yours but that's ok with me. I expect that to be the case.

leolady

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: leolady

Just because you think you are ready does not mean so.

What have you done to help your fellow man whom you see suffering. Or do you just wallow in your own sorrows as most do because you do not feel you have the means to do a darn thing about it. Do you just want to turn your head the other way and move on because it hurts to see the suffering in so many.

You may think you are ready when indeed maybe you are not.

What do I know ? Not much...
leolady

What have I done? Not much.
If I see someone suffering I will stand up for them. I do as much good as I can. I'm against littering (every little deed right?). I don't judge people. I send love and light out to beings as much as I can (non-physical, powerful emotion?)

Apart from that, I try to live a happy yet simple life. Is that enough?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: leolady

Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I believe karma's nothing more then the force of opposite reactions of action that have been done, reacting or vibrating across space and time. Sure the bad things seem rewarding and unpunished at first, but they will eventually come with a multiplying force, where the longer it get ducked or dodged, the more harder it going to hit when it does. And vice versa.

I could say I must done of a lot of good things in the past life, due to how my life feels set up, but then again, it seems like God has unfinished business these days probably saying other wise.

Usually the beautiful thing about good karma I find, is that it doesn't apply to those who desire a reward for doing a good deed, but more or less comes when its needed.

More like dumb luck. Thats the funny thing about karma though, the Piper just reaping whats its owed, and returning the dues that were payed.
edit on 16-2-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Yeah that is good of you. Helping in any way you can. Every little bit does help indeed. :-)

leolady

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Greetings and Salutations- I'd try and provide an answer to Your question Re: "re-incarnation and karma" but don't want to involve any religion™ I dig it, I do... BUTT (know Your audience...) I'll try and provide a nudge sans a full on assault..

You might read the book "The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying" It was authored by a Monk of a certain Eastern religion™. You might be able to find synopsis re: "What to visualize at the time of passing" This is the key to getting off the "wheel of incarnation/re-incarnation/incarnation/ You wrote "White Light" They don't. They suggest something else.

It is NOT "The Tibetan Book of Dying" but 'Living and Dying" -Rinpoche

Interestingly, the same subject is broached in the book "Talking To Heaven"

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I personally do not believe reincarnation is avoidable, it is the mechanism that allows for eternal life in my opinion. I am open to changing my stance though, but so far I haven't found anything convincing that "proves" to me reincarnation is avoidable.

Karma determines where you end up the next go around, but good karma does not nullify the mechanism behind reincarnation.

We're all born and we all die. All we know is life, so how can we say we won't be born again when people are born every day? Where did those babies come from? The same place we are going in my opinion. "Alpha and Omega", meaning birth and death, they are both the same thing, only on opposite ends of the spectrum. The spectrum loops around on itself infinitely.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Here is a tidbit from the views of Edgar Cayce on Reincarnation and Karma

In the last chapter about reincarnation we encounter readings where he reveals to clients (entities) information about former lives and reasons why people would not have to reincarnate anymore if they so choose. In the editor’s notes we find out that apparently the people who made changes within themselves, in their hearts and minds have a chance to stop the wheel of karma and reincarnation, unless they want to come back to “lead the way to those that are still in darkness”. Those readings revealed a lot of information about different aspects of spiritually developed lives. For me personally the most important messages in this chapter were the readings who advised “to be patient and to speak gently and kindly to those who falter and not to judge the activities of others but rather pray that the light may shine even in their lives as it has in thine”; “it is not what a mind knows but what the mind applies or does about that it knows, that makes for soul, mental or material advancements”; “for as you do it unto the least of these; thy brethren, ye do it unto thy Maker”; “to be true to the duties set by self”; and that “God looks upon the purposes, the ideals of the heart, and not upon that which men call convention”.

Reincarnation & Karma by Edgar Cayce

leolady

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Yes ... I think you are correct that Karma and reincarnation are linked

When we reach the appropriate destination in terms of soul ... I think we see things clearly

As far as I am concerned there is no judgement only self judgement for we see how we have been and perhaps how we might have been and are keen to get it right next time so to speak.

I do believe we break this cycle and evolve/go forward into yet higher dimensions I.E. The true realms of soul where reincarnation is an option we choose in order to help others who are sorta stuck in the loop
But even evolved souls are subject to Karma as is only right

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

I recognise there is a Creator / a supreme being and also a hierarchy ... no matter what religion or creed you may follow .. the Reality of the soul and it's Creator could also be said to be a theory or perhaps belief ... Those who you label as naysayers have the same Creator as you also ... they just have different ways of understanding that, a different belief ... each are their own way ... have their own path and purpose in the Big scheme of things
edit on 16-2-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

edit on 16-2-2015 by artistpoet because: gramma

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join