It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Euthanasia Coaster. Death by Rollercoaster

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
This is bizarre. Does anybody remember a book by Kurt Vonnegut in which there was a "death clinic" on every corner, (futuristic) where one could sign in for the day, be treated like royalty for a few hours, then die a painless death?

"Welcome to the Monkey House - it's a short story.

As to the suicide coaster - Oregon already has a death with dignity law. But I worked a ticket booth right under a roller coaster once, and what I cleaned up on a regular basis was hardly dignified. Intriguing idea, but not my ticket out.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

www.julijonasurbonas.lt...

Link includes a diagram of how/why it would cause death.

Awesome. And the video too.

I'm gonna try to recreate this in 3-d on my Roller Coaster Creator program. You get to ride it in 3-d like a video game too. That would rock. It wouldn't kill you of course but riding a coaster simulator will give you some sensation of riding one as you gaze at the screen. Normally it's fun so this virtual model should produce like results without any danger. It's a trick your brain plays on you. There is a name for it but I don't remember it.

I dunno - Would You accept to be euthanized via Fun Ride to Hell? What if your the type that's terrified of Roller Coasters already? LOL
edit on 19-2-2015 by JohnPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Here is the coaster recreated in roller coaster tycoon:

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: cronemel

Welcome to the Monkey House - it's a short story.

Thank you! I knew there was a Vonnegut connection, somehow. I looked through some of the books but wasn't patient enough so I didn't hang in there. I appreciate the info.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnPhoenix

I'm gonna try to recreate this in 3-d on my Roller Coaster Creator program. You get to ride it in 3-d like a video game too. That would rock. It wouldn't kill you of course but riding a coaster simulator will give you some sensation of riding one as you gaze at the screen. Normally it's fun so this virtual model should produce like results without any danger. It's a trick your brain plays on you. There is a name for it but I don't remember it.

I can't even fathom how one would begin something like that. If you accomplish it, let us know. Makes me nervous to think about it. I used to love roller coasters, but now, not so much.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join