It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A True Jewel in Africa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I had this great experience flying over the Victoria Falls. It was one of the best experiences I have ever had in the nature of Africa.

Although the Falls are a spectacular experience at High Water, the spray often obscures the waterfall making it difficult to see and photograph. Each time of the year has its advantages and disadvantages but it is a magnificent sight all year round.

There are 3 different ways to measure a waterfall: by height, by width and by volume. In terms of height, at 107m, the Victoria Falls does not feature in the top 800 waterfalls around the world, but it is 10th largest by width and 13th largest by volume. If you combine these factors there are 3 large waterfalls in the world:

Niagara Falls, Iguacu Falls and Victoria Falls.

Niagara Falls is significantly smaller than the other two and although on paper Iguaca is larger, it is a multi-tiered waterfall that is broken into 270 separate falls. It is a subjective opinion, but if you are looking for the highest, widest sheet of continually falling water, then the Main Fall of the Victoria Falls is the largest waterfall in the world.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

Some cool info about Victoria Falls Man!
Some Fantastically Cool Images there!!!
Did You take those Photos? I love them!!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Awesome pictures, very eye appealing, natural, bright, and of course beautiful!

Thanks for sharing this

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Thanks Syx! Yes I took it myself. I also took some photos when walking around it, but there was to mush mist coming off the falls, so its nor good quality.

I can really recomend going there at least once in your life.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I want to live there so I can say "Look! I can see my house from here!"

Nice pics. Thanx

Peace

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

edit on 2/16/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Man Good Job on the pics Bud!! Number's 4,5,6 make Me want to go there!! Hell I'd go there and NOT see the Falls, just to see You My Friend!! But seeing the Falls, especially from the air would be very cool!!! Oh, are You a pilot and have Your own plane too?
(Thinking about it, ALL the pics make Me want to go there. There is NO SNOW!!!! LOL!!!)

edit on 16-2-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ufobusiness

Hey just so ya know, a post such as yours here is considered SPAM. Unless it has something to do with the OP, Original Post, the T+C's, Terms and Conditions here say that is a NO NO! Just wanted to let Ya know, since You are a New member here. I hope they let it slide without a Flailing, but be careful in the future.
There is a UFO Forum here that that post should be put into. By The Way, Welcome to ATS and Hello!! Syx.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufobusiness

Why are you spamming threads with this?

Go watch it yourself. Oh wait, it's probably yours anyway.

Tenth to the rescue!

Thanks.
edit on 16-2-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Keep a spot for me too!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

LOL Jude! I just dropped same info here to them, but they are already kicked out of Our WebSite!!

Man that was Fast!! LMFAO!!!

edit on 16-2-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

No, don't have a plane, and do not know how to pilot one. No I just love going on tours and making the most out of it!
But all my tours, flying over the Falls, and over the Okovango Delta, made me think that I should get myself a plane!

Tell you what, if I actually do get a plane on day, I'm picking you up and will show you all this great things nature has to offer!!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

O shucks I missed it! That WAS FAST!!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I look forward to seeing you fly over My place here and dropping something on my roof to get my attention!!!
Make it a SyxPak of Beer. Whatever you toss down will probably go through my roof, so it might as well be something worthwhile to drop down on Me !!! LMAO!!!
They were spamming with UFO video crap at youtube.
A No No here, so they got banned! And YES That was fast!!! LMAO!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I will most probably get a chopper, and just land in the road!!!

With a chopper we can go do this!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Oh Hell Yah Man! There Ya GO!!! Great Idea! But I have to tell Ya, I am scared of heights. Go figure right that a Dragon is afraid of heights!?? LMFAO!!!!!!
I can only Fly when I have been Properly Medicated!! LOL!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

LMAO!! Let me tell you a little something! I realized I was scared of heights, but I realized this a bit late! I was standing on the edge, ready to do the World's Highest Gorge Swing! Oribi Gorge! Its a 640 feet free fall!

After that, I did the Okovango Delta plane trip (If you did not see my thread on that, go have a look)
After that, I went on an Extreme Zip-line, about 300 feet high, and 1870 feet long.
After that, I did this Victoria Falls trip.
And after that, I did another Extreme Zip-line, 754 feet long and 250 feet high.

The great nature and wonders you see from those heights make you forget all about your fears!!
I am addicted to heights, that is if it comes with a great view!!!

top topics

join