It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion is false benevolence

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Yes i think science is the tool that evil uses to devise more effective killing methods through the years while pointing toward religion as the source of the killing.

I'm not so sure "evil" has to point it out. History speaks for itself.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: Eunuchorn

next time post something debatable

even the definition of ignorrant is lost on most

the fix for them was forseen and is part of my username

Haha, deadeye.

It's not that the definition escapes them, it's that you can't explain to someone who is ignorant how their being ignorant perpetuates their ignorance.

Conditioning works in the same way. If someone is so utterly conditioned to believe something, they can't even understand the concept of long term conditioning
edit on 16-2-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

After the acts in the garden we were givin science because of the choice made. It is just another religion. What history shows us is that we rail against God and continue to seek out new ways to defy him.

Should we blame the gun in the murders hand,the church they go to or the decision they made to shoot?

The gun has a saftey

The bible tells us not to kill

The person was grown and made a choice

where does th blame go?

The answer is that since the fall we are in a no win situation and science loves to point fingers at others while taking zero credit for its part in death.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Again... religious people keeping humanity divided.

Science is not a religion, it is a methodolgy... there's a huge difference. Science has no absolute tennets, it is a process of questioning, and accepting answers that may challenge our preconceived notions, then requestioning. Religion doesn't allow questioning that returns a "no evidence for god" answer, and it has many preconceived notions, the worst of which is the assumption that there is an all powerful caretaker tweaking the universe.

Religious people are happy to benefit from the fruits of scientific discocery (ie. the internet... as just one tiny example), but still will hypocrtically move the goal posts of their religous devotion when something is proved without a doubt to be fact that goes against a pevious version of religion.

Ahhh... religion... never wrong because "I" said so.
edit on 16-2-2015 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: johndeere2020

I don't think prayer is ever being heard by any divine being.

Still, I think it would be inaccurate to say religious people never benefit from it. Even if it's just a placebo.

The benefits are terrestrial, but they're potentially there.

Depends on the circumstances. Im sure prayer serves as a means of coping with a stressful and hostile world. I wouldn't deem that problematic unless it's hindering ones ability to 'face the music' so to speak.

With synchronicity you can get help from unknown people appearing when you need them. You can also with Reiki or other prayer intent->manifest tools send a little energy (light/chi) into another being to help calm them down. There are many tools like meditation that draws light/chi to your body and creates energized body states.

Placebo is part of what is and calming someone down will make the body self heal since it leave fight or flight response. The nocebo effect is also real where you can do the opposite, make the person afraid/stressed out to a level where the body cannot self heal and start to destroy itself.

edit on 16-2-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Yes i think science is the tool that evil uses to devise more effective killing methods through the years while pointing toward religion as the source of the killing.

WHOA!!!

And here earlier today you were saying that science is just as necessary as 'prayer'. That it all works together. And I agreed! I conceded that well, prayer doesn't hurt, but on the condition that you realize that it's not the ONLY REASON people are healed.

I tried. I TRIED! I tried to find common ground, and now - you've blown it. You've wrecked the whole thing.

Fail. Great big fail.

gha

I hereby RETRACT everything I tried to communicate to/with you earlier in that other thread. All credibility lost.

Sorry.
edit on 2/16/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

After the acts in the garden we were givin science because of the choice made. It is just another religion.

THERE WERE NO ACTS IN THE GARDEN!

omg.

Sorry @ boymonkey for shouting, but ------ this is ridiculous.

There was no "garden" - there were no Adam or Eve. It is Mythology.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

just seems that some are insinuating that religious people are evil

When I am antagonistic towards religion it is towards specific religious beliefs. 'Hate the belief, not the believer'. Sound familiar? Much like 'Hate the sin, not the sinner'.

all people are evil.

I'm sorry you feel that way. It hasn't been my experience at all.

edit on 17-2-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

With synchronicity you can get help from unknown people appearing when you need them. You can also with Reiki or other prayer intent->manifest tools send a little energy....

I'm not discounting there might be Universal energies or interconnection we don't fully understand yet, and can potentially tap into for healing purposes. There is much left to be discovered about this Universe and the nature of reality. Still, there is a whole big layer of 'woa buddy' on top of that in order to believe it's coming from a religious god. Which was mostly what I meant.
edit on 17-2-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: nfflhome
Ever been to a food bank run by a church?
Lots of evil there.

Only few % of religious people volunteer in such humanitarian cause. People in church give some of their earnings believing they will get something bigger in return. It's manipulation rather than a selfless act

Most religious people would rather just stay home, watch sports, and make an excuse they are very very busy to volunteer in humanitarian causes.

I've been a denominational Christian for 20 years. I never had any interpersonal relationship problems with anyone in my church. I left in good terms. I left because my mind can no longer take the contradictory teachings religion imposes against the primordial laws of nature.

Why would a god create something only to oppose it or change it into something quite unsustainable and will self-destruct later on? That is just so evil!

Now, I have found my Mother who is bigger than the universe!
edit on 17-2-2015 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

The bible tells us not to kill

You're right. You're also very wrong. The Bible condoning killing/murder is found many times in its pages. You should read it.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: LittleByLittle

With synchronicity you can get help from unknown people appearing when you need them. You can also with Reiki or other prayer intent->manifest tools send a little energy....

I'm not discounting there might be Universal energies or interconnection we don't fully understand yet, and can potentially tap into for healing purposes. There is much left to be discovered about this Universe and the nature of reality. Still, there is a whole big layer of 'woa buddy' on top of that in order to believe it's coming from a religious god. Which was mostly what I meant.

I agree with your notion of the normal interpretation of Jewish/Christian/Islam god.

All is connected on one level or another but we seem to be to ignorant to understand how. At least I have big problems getting a working theory on probability fields controlled by consciousness/awareness.
. Still to blind to see how it is connected.
edit on 17-2-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
I agree with your notion of the normal interpretation of Jewish/Christian/Islam god.

All is connected on one level or another but we seem to be to ignorant to understand how. At least I have big problems getting a working theory on probability fields controlled by consciousness/awareness.
. Still to blind to see how it is connected.

This god you talk about changed the world and created unsustainable needs.

If there is one word to describe the god of Abrahamic religions that word is VIRUS. I was able to establish such solid connection due to its male chauvinistic beliefs.

The answer is in science, in biology.

Anyway, I protest having my thread moved here. It used to be in Conspiracies in Religion. I prefer to have the topic discussed in that context

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: puzzlesphere
Science is not a religion, it is a methodolgy... there's a huge difference. Science has no absolute tennets, it is a process of questioning, and accepting answers that may challenge our preconceived notions, then requestioning.

Then that makes science hypocritical too.

Because science assumes everything to be on neutral grounds but will override such assumption against anything that threatens the survival of humanity or simply profits.

Science would see viruses that threaten humanity, threaten our food as evil but it doesn't see the fact that we behave like viruses or even parasites on our own planet, against other living things.

Albert Einstein in fact said this:

"Science without religion is lame, Religion without science is blind"

What Einstein meant here is that we need to have science establish moral grounds too. Does science ever consider that carnivorism or our potential for violence (including animals) can be cured or will just accept things as it is?

If science can ever be useful in the moral context as well, then it should be utilized to help cure all living things of our corrupt nature so wars, crimes, poverty, misery, pain could finally be eliminated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join