It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Are the Sex You Were Born!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
First...this is not meant as an insult to anyone and I have nothing against transgender people. I must have read or heard this same type of statement ten times in the past week for some reason...so...

Please stop saying "I'm a woman now" or "I'm a man now". Sorry, but you are not. Yes, you can change body parts, you can take hormones, change your hairstyle, grow a beard, etc. But you have NOT changed your sex. You are simply wearing one hell of a costume.

Unless you manage to function like a woman, period, ability to get pregnant, etc...you have not changed into a woman. I would even argue that if you changed all your organs you still haven't changed into a woman any more than a man can cut off a few body parts and replace them with those of a chimp. That person is still a human male...not a monkey.

End of rant. No need to reply.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Can I be shark?

I want to be a shark.

I'm a shark now.

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

And what about people born with both genitalia? They could call themselves a man or woman, and both would be correct.

A person's body parts are only a small part of determining whether someone is a man or woman. DNA also plays a major role in whether someone identifies themselves as a man or woman, regardless of physical body parts.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

No need to reply.

Of course you know we will anyway.

I think its a matter of self perception. No one has any right to tell another individual how that person should or should not perceive themself. If you think you are a man and want to be a man, boom! You're a man. If you think you are a woman and want to be a woman, bam! You're a woman. If you think you are a grilled cheese sandwich, then you might need a psychological evaluation.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

No need to reply.

Of course you know we will anyway.

I think its a matter of self perception. No one has any right to tell another individual how that person should or should not perceive themself. If you think you are a man and want to be a man, boom! You're a man. If you think you are a woman and want to be a woman, bam! You're a woman. If you think you are a grilled cheese sandwich, then you might need a psychological evaluation.

But you're not a woman. You have disguised yourself as a woman. Please see the earlier poster's comment about being a shark.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: _BoneZ_

And what about people born with both genitalia? They could call themselves and man or woman, and both would be correct.

A person's body parts are only a small part of determining whether someone is a man or woman. DNA also plays a major role in whether someone identifies themselves as a man or woman, regardless of physical body parts.

To the best of my knowledge, these people are still one sex or the other. There is just a genetic "defect" in one area, organ or part. They are still either male or female. Which, by the way, can be proven medically.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Duh Duh

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Exactly its about self perception. If I have so thoroughly convinced myself I am a box jellyfish and nothing anyone says can change my mind am I not, in fact, a box jellyfish? At least to me?

In one world we dream. In another we live. Which world is more real?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I think my main reason for posting is frustration. Sometimes this world seems insane. Then you see people walking around saying the equivalent of "Moo...I'm a Goat".

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Duh Duh

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Physical versus Mental.

What a wicked web we weave, when our freedom and ideologies trump those who believe differently than we do?

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Furthermore, why do you care how others self identify? Honest question.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Exactly its about self perception. If I have so thoroughly convinced myself I am a box jellyfish and nothing anyone says can change my mind am I not, in fact, a box jellyfish? At least to me?

In one world we dream. In another we live. Which world is more real?

Yeah...I gotcha. But you're not. Unless you have convinced yourself that you truly are a jellyfish, when you're not and then, you're insane. I DON'T believe these people are insane. Or are you suggesting they are????

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Furthermore, why do you care how others self identify? Honest question.

I don't...it is just annoying to hear someone say "I'm this" when they obviously are not. Saying "I see myself as a woman" is much different that saying "I am a woman".

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
There is just a genetic "defect" in one area, organ or part. They are still either male or female.

You just answered your own dilemma. Sometimes there is a genetic anomaly that causes some females to have male organs, and some males to have female organs.

Why does it matter to you personally how people identify themselves? It's their choice, not yours or anyone elses.

edit on 15-2-2015 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I don't think it matters. I know I don't care. Because I'm a shark, and people taste bad regardless of their gender.
If some one wants to identify as a jar of mayonnaise, let them.
edit on 15-2-2015 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Maybe they emotionally mean : I FEEL like a women now.
Just like when we grow up, we don't feel like a man or a women at 7 years old. Some women out there with small...assets don't truly feel like a women inside until they get enhanced, even if it's an unnatural way.

Maybe YOU don't feel like they really are changed but inside, that's how they feel.
Some men out there act even more womanly than some women and, based on their standards, people might say : "This isn't a man."

Hey, I don't really understand it either. But I could imagine how bad it would feel to be stuck in what feels like someone else's body.
To that point, finally saying "I'm a woman" must be liberating.
edit on 15-2-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Nope. I don't know why you would think such a thing. Are you, perchance, a box jellyfish?

My point is: you have no right to try and stuff everyone else into your neatly labeled shoe boxes. Some damned things just don't fit.

See?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Physical versus Mental.

What a wicked web we weave, when our freedom and ideologies trump those who believe differently than we do?

I believe you misunderstand me. I'm not against anyone "being" whatever they want. But stating obvious "untruths" is different and kind of nutty. If your son walked up to you and said "I'm a pig"...you might smile or laugh. But if he truly believed that, you would get him help. I know these people must know they are not women (or men) and I believe they are not insane...so why say something that implies otherwise?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Nope. I don't know why you would think such a thing. Are you, perchance, a box jellyfish?

My point is: you have no right to try and stuff everyone else into your neatly labeled shoe boxes. Some damned things just don't fit.

See?

So are you saying there are genders other than male and female in the human race? A person's perception of themselves is trumped by their genetic makeup. I'm not putting anyone anywhere...the box is a physical and medical reality. If mentally someone believes they are a woman...so be it. But that doesn't make them one. I'll accept their changes and how they dress, etc....but don't state an untruth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join