It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead infant's mom says 11-year-old suspect wanted sleepover

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Wait ... why on earth would you let your 2-month-old stay with the 11-year-old daughter of a friend? Who thinks that is appropriate?

Agree, but let' not start blaming the mother's mistake for trusting and her naivety, as a way of not considering the revolting behaviour of an 11 year old.

There is one person who did the killing here.

Regards

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi
Or two people. Or it could have been an accident....

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: ketsuko
Wait ... why on earth would you let your 2-month-old stay with the 11-year-old daughter of a friend? Who thinks that is appropriate?

Agree, but let' not start blaming the mother's mistake for trusting and her naivety, as a way of not considering the revolting behaviour of an 11 year old.

There is one person who did the killing here.

Regards

I'm not shifting blame from the kid, but still, a 2-month-old is awfully young. Our daycare wouldn't even take him at that age, and they're professionals. While I would have let another person I trusted like a family member (parent, aunt, sister, cousin, etc.) babysit for a time, I cannot conceive of letting an 11-year-old take on a child that young.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I would question all motives all around. The question I would have, is what was the mother thinking. The woman was not related to her by blood or marriage, so why a friend? Why not say a grandparent or an aunt or uncle of the child?

Children, like most things, have a live, and are far more valuable than things that people covet and seek. And to so carelessly to do this action, makes one wonder where the priorities of the person is. I may watch my nephew, and he is a young child, but the boy is not staying over at my house until he is older, much older, and his mother and I have sat down and had a long talk about the do's and don't's and other things like that.

So why a friend, that is the first question, and where was the father in all of this, where were the adults and why did no one think to be extra careful with a young life?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
This is the next town over from where I am. This story is very disturbing. From reports on the local news here, this 11-year old has shown no remorse. A lot of people here are calling for this girl's head.

I can't help but wonder where we as a society have gone so wrong that tragedies like this can happen. That's a lot of hate and rage, to beat someone to death, not to mention a 2-month old baby. Very up close and personal. This little girl has some serious demons.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: iNobody
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

The overlords of humanity are invisible wicked spirit forces. And they influence you, and control many. The end-game is your death.

In the meantime continue to watch the unraveling of human society. I know many here already are conduits of them, while others search for them in stupid ignorance.

Honestly.... grow up.
What the **** have demons got to do with this tragedy??
Some times kids do awful unspeakable things, so do adults.
Demons have literally nothing to do with it.

This is a tragedy and an 11 month old baby is dead.

*sigh*

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
No adult ever allows children to take an infant away from home, on a sleep over. That isn't done ever. Which means, for some apparent reason, somebody killed that baby, and thought it was best to blame it on the 11 year old maybe?

And that child should not be in jail, because that child is also a baby, and if one of your kids has a temper tantrum and kills the other, its a horrible tragedy, but they don't go to jail, counseling and help and anger control therapy, but not jail.

However, I don't know that this is the case. I suspect an adult did this and is making the kid take the blame because they think the kid will be handled differently.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

I'm sure this was more than a temper tantrum.
There are many, many instances of kids murdering, torturing and doing all manner of things to other kids.

I'm reminded of this case

James Patrick Bulger (16 March 1990[1] – 12 February 1993) was a boy from Kirkby, Merseyside, England, who was murdered on 12 February 1993, at the age of two. He was abducted, tortured and murdered by two ten-year-old boys, Robert Thompson (born 23 August 1982) and Jon Venables (born 13 August 1982).[2][3] Bulger disappeared from the New Strand Shopping Centre in Bootle, while accompanying his mother. His mutilated body was found on a railway line two-and-a-half miles (4 km) away in Walton, Liverpool, two days after his murder. Thompson and Venables were charged on 20 February 1993 with Bulger's abduction and murder.

en.wikipedia.org...

You may be right and there is a conspiracy here, a cover-up.
Nobody knows yet though and the fact that a child did it may be more shocking, but sadly, it does happen, far more than you'd think.
edit on 15/2/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Horrible. Just no words...

We have a rule...our kids don't spend the night anywhere except with grandparents. We've taken a lot of criticism over it but we don't care. Nothing productive ever happens at sleepovers. If your sleeping, there is no need to be at anyone else's house and, if you are not sleeping, what the hell are you doing at that late hour, when adults are sleeping?
edit on 2/15/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I had a great time at sleepovers when I was younger, we usually did it on a Friday night so that we could stay up late gaming and then sleep in on Saturday. I had a lot of sleepovers like that, and most of them turned out great.

The person I did it the most with was and is still my best friend. We are both male, and it was always platonic. Whenever I had a sleepover, it was with someone I knew well... and we are talking in late middle-school and high school here, college summers and college as well.

After that, I had room-mates that were my best friends, and that meant constant sleepovers in a sense. Still no problems. Once again, I knew all of these people really well and this is as I got older.

And I am exaggerating a tiny bit... with the room-mates of course there were a few problems here and there, living together can get complex.

I don't know how old your kids are, Kosmicjack.
edit on 15amSun, 15 Feb 2015 09:47:55 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I think what happened was the 11-year-old was not prepared to deal with a 2-month-old and got a little pissed off, the small babies are fragile as well... although I didn't look at the other articles to see how bad the injuries were.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
I think what happened was the 11-year-old was not prepared to deal with a 2-month-old and got a little pissed off, the small babies are fragile as well... although I didn't look at the other articles to see how bad the injuries were.

I wouldn't necessarily call it being unprepared to deal with an infant and getting pissed off. It could be how it's described by her lawyer in court for simplicity's sake, but even kids who get frustrated with pets don't beat them to death, let alone to most kids beat a baby because of frustration. I'd wager that maybe her impulse control is far less developed in some aspects & controlling herself around a baby was one of the failings of that that no one saw coming because she was never alone with a baby long enough to do harm? That's about as much of slack as I'm willing to give, considering that it's been widely reported that she still shows little tangible remorse. Apologies are one thing, but actually meaning it is a whole different thing. Something else is going on there, something's busted on a fundamental level somewhere that was well-hidden from others (deliberately hidden or otherwise is up for debate)

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Horrible. Just no words...

We have a rule...our kids don't spend the night anywhere except with grandparents. We've taken a lot of criticism over it but we don't care. Nothing productive ever happens at sleepovers. If your sleeping, there is no need to be at anyone else's house and, if you are not sleeping, what the hell are you doing at that late hour, when adults are sleeping?

Did you have bad experiences at sleep overs? I didn't, I'm betting most people don't. I spent the night a few times at friends' homes, and had friends spend the night at mine a few times. Nothing bad ever happened, though it was never my cup of tea. I've always been a homey person and still have difficulty sleeping anywhere but my own bed. The 2 weeks I spent at a seaside cabin with a friend & their family when we lived abroad was the most rough for my personal comfort zone, but it wasn't a horrible experience at all. I still want to go back to that little town today even.
That said, my kids aren't interested in sleepovers yet.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: iNobody

Your belief system matters little.

Right back at you friend

“No Amount of Belief Makes Something a Fact” - James Randi

Anyways this is my last reply to you in this thread unless you somehow get it back on topic.
edit on 15-2-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
but even kids who get frustrated with pets don't beat them to death,

I would beg to differ. Children can be highly sadistic and cruel. I am no expert, but I suspect it is because they have not learned the what "cruel" is. It's not just the pulling legs off flies type cruelty. Children can bully at very young ages and develop highly sophisticated tactics in that regard.

I will however say that this awful situation must be horrific for the mother of the baby and the mother of the kid implicated. It's just a worst nightmare gone bad.

Whatever happens, the 11 kid is going to grow up messed up.

Regards

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: RifRAAF
Maybe its the tinfoil speaking but I suspecth the mother (of the 11yo) most likely killed the baby and used her 11yo as the scape goat.

The girl and her mother thought Whitehead deserved a break from caring for the infant.

I only read the source linked in the OP, if there are more details I'm missing that rule this out, well Im happy to be called a crazy conspiracy theorist.

i was wondering the same thing. everyone, even this eleven year old girl, is innocent until proven guilty. i don't know all the details so i can't say one way or the other on anyone's guilt.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
a reply to: Nyiah

I think sometime in the past I posted about this,but my sister who is a psychiatric Nurse,said that during her rotation training,(where they make you work different floors for experience)she ended up on the emergency ward,where the doctors were explaining that they are seeing an influx of younger and younger patients with SEVERE mental disorders. They said that they believe the reason for this is due to the increase in harder and harder drugs that teenagers have been taking. The fact that more Teens do drugs during their pregnancies doesn't help at all either. During the fetus' development stages the drugs do a lot of damage to the unborn child. In time the child grows and suddenly you start realizing that there is a lack of empathy and emotions from this child. It can not see where murder is wrong,or feel any emotions for having done murder.

Further more,you have young teens trying to raise these kids and they are not emotionally mature yet themselves,therefore they can not supply the empathy and lessons to teach the baby as is grows.They can't give the child the structure of a stable home environment to teach them right from wrong,good from bad,legal from illegal,or anything else. Basically their kids grow up like animals almost with no real direction or moral codes to guide them.Right becomes whatever they can get away with.Legal doesn't matter if they don't get caught.In time they DO learn what it takes to not get caught if they are half way smart.

basically we are digressing as a species at this point.I won't say there is no hope for us,but we need to learn a totally new way of doing things if we are to over come the ills of the society we live in now.

just bumping this post.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

There is something very wrong with the kids of America.

More and more kids are becoming killers and rapists and thieves, all ages both sexes equally.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

There are maybe 5 people I would trust to watch my dog outside of my family.

good point, most people I know have a hard time finding someone they can trust with their animals...2 months is not a sleep over. Fragile newborn crazy!

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Holy necro-thread, Batman! I forgot all about this god-awful murder

Digging through google, this is the most recent updated thing I could find, from September 28th, 2015:

www.cleveland.com...

The mother of an 11-year-old Wickliffe girl accused of murdering a baby earlier this year has lost custody of her daughter.

Judge Karen Lawson ruled that the 40-year-old mother is not able to properly care for her daughter since both have serious mental health issues, juvenile court spokesman Chris Simon said.

Lawson in July ruled that the girl was not competent to stand trial due to her various mental illnesses, which include attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, anxiety disorder and a mood disorder.

The girl will be released in about a week from the juvenile detention center where she has spent over seven months. The Department of Job and Family Services will determine whether she will be placed with a relative, in a residential facility or in foster care.

A hearing will be held in about 90 days to review the placement.

I can't find anything more recent or with better info, so I have no idea what happened to this kid since the article was published. Hopefully, she's in a residential facility & not free in the public somewhere.

The fact that her mother lost custody due to mental health issues is the most illuminating thing I've read about the case. Surely there must have been some serious hiding of mental health problems going on with both mom & kid here. I can't imagine knowingly allowing someone to watch an infant with either known mental health problems, or even suspected ones, let alone with another person with them in the mix.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I don't know why this surprises anyone at this point.

We have 11 year old girls pouring boiling water over their friends at night.

13 year old boys raping little girls.

Boys committing murder for the thrill.

Girls stepping on kittens in order to ‘find out what it's like to kill'.

Young kids lighting the homeless on fire.

I could go on and on but I'm already sick.

I'm going to draw a conclusion here.

It says in the 'end days' the 'restrainer' will be 'removed'.

Who do you think will be the first to be effected by the evil?

Pretty much all we're seeing now answers that question.

peace

edit on 3356Sunday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join