It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]I just spotted (and filmed) a formation of UFO's in the sky 2/14/2015!![HOAX]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
In an excited state such as filming an anomalous craft in the sky I suppose many UFO photographers don't think about filming part of the scenery on the Earth in the shot as well so the viewer can get a good visual reference point to guestimate distance, size, speed etc etc.

There's no telling whether this could be a hoax or not but in light of the wealth of already proven not hoaxed photographie of unexplainable sky objects the weight of priority on whether or not to debunk every UFO photographie that comes along seems much less pressing.

I will not sit on the fence because it hurts my ass but I won't say yes or no to this one either.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
At about 21secs a line or something appears between the top lights. If someone can do a computer thingy on that to enhance/zoom whatever might be of some interest.
Anyway awesome op S/F

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Good catch.
I have seen some and i admit it is hard to be steady and think clear.
So you did a good job.

But do like me and always have date time ON, i even have GPS on my 2 new cameras.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeussusZ
At about 21secs a line or something appears between the top lights. If someone can do a computer thingy on that to enhance/zoom whatever might be of some interest.
Anyway awesome op S/F

I see that now that you mention it. The 2 (or 3) lights top left have something that goes POSSIBLY out from them and those two things continue across the screen to the right - it starts around 21 seconds and goes from there - its quick! Good eyes. I don't know what they are. This happens when the lights start to dim/die out/fade out...

Here is at the 21 second mark - note the two (or three in the second photo) fuzzy dots between the front two lights:

Here is a couple seconds later - the same two fuzzy dots are to the right.

I have lightened the screen grabs to better show the two "fuzzy dots."

Hope that helps in some way...

- AB
edit on 14-2-2015 by AboveBoard because: details...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Just asking, are you sure you are not filming through a window ?, because there is something that tells me it's a window reflection.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Pretty cool video. Nice catch! It will be interesting to see if any other reports from the area are made. Multiple sighting lends credibility.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

The op said he was in a field

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Yes he did, but i'm asking anyway

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Yes ... I understand now
I am not saying this is the case regarding this sighting But I once thought I saw a UFO only to be deflated to find it was the windscreen of the car reflecting a seeming formation of lights but for a few moments I was gob smacked

However I have seen two real UFOs a few years ago near a top secret military base ... I have no explanation for them but I lean toward seeing some type of Military craft ... sorry to ramble

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Velom

I don't know what it is, but that's some awesome footage man. Whatever it is, it looks incredible.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Seriously does every light in the sky have to be a UFO. This is obviously something burning up as its falling back to earth. Someone probably just lost a Satellite.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
True, but wouldn't flame leave some sort of a trail?
It's dark, so how will you see the trail? There does appear to be a trail on the bottom, which is visible because it's illuminated, did you notice that? There may be more trails that we just can't see because they're not illuminated.

Ever heard the saying "you've seen one, you've seen 'em all"? That doesn't apply to satellite re-entries. One pilot watching a "UFO" said he didn't think it was a satellite re-entry because he had seen those before. But they don't all look the same. This is pretty interesting reading about satellite reentries mistaken as UFOs:

Case Studies In Pilot Misperceptions Of "UFOs"

The first description is from the "Special Report to FSR [Flying Saucer Review] (May 1991)", by Paul Whitehead, Summer 1991 issue, page 10"

"It was a dark, early evening (6:15 pm local time), on November 5th 1990, and a British Airways passenger aircraft was en route to London, flying over the Alps at 31,000 ft. The crew heard a nearby Lufthansa jet report and query 'traffic ahead'. The BA captain peered intently ahead into the night sky. What he saw was hardly what he expected!

"(At the time, the European press reported the incident, and the 'official line' was given: the UFOs were in fact 'space debris from an old satellite re-entering the atmosphere'.)

"Well, MAYBE! But more details have now emerged. An airline pilot, well known to me and based in the UK, has spoken personally to the BA captain who logged the report, at the request of SIGAP (Surray Investigations Group on Aerial Phenomena). SIGAP has agreed to the captain's request not to make public his name, in order to protect him from publicity, and FSR respects that request. The airline pilot who spoke to the BA captain also wishes to remain anonymous.

"What did the BA captain see? Here is his comment.

" 'I looked ahead and saw, somewhat to my surprise, ahead and to the right and higher than we were, a set of bright lights. One of the lights, the leading one, was brighter than the others, and appeared bigger, almost disklike. It was followed closely by another three that seemed to be in a V formation. As I watched, I heard another aircraft crew also reporting seeing lights.

" 'I watched the objects intently as they moved across my field of view, right to left, ahead and high. It was then, on hearing the report from the other aircraft, that I realized I was watching something much further away than I had first thought. The other report came from France.'

"Was it a satellite re-entry? The pilot stated: 'It certainly didn't look like that to me. I have seen a re-entry before and this was different.'

"But it was the BA captain's further comments that are causing amazement and intense interest. SIGAP has released the information to UFO researcher and writer Tim Good, and we hope to have more comprehensive details this year.

"That same night, a colleague of the captain, in another BA aircraft, reported two 'very bright, mystifying lights' while flying over the North Sea. Two days later, an RAF Tornado pilot told the captain that on the same evening (5th November) his Tornado -- while flying with another squadron aircraft, had been 'approached by bright lights'. The lights, he reported, 'formated on the Tornadoes'. (This expression 'formate' is apparently used to indicate a deliberate intent)...
The misperceptions go on and get even wilder, which if taken at face value you conclude that it couldn't be a satellite re-entry, but that's what it was.

edit on 14-2-2015 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Definitely an interesting video. Excellent capture even if we can never discern what it is. I have no idea what it is so it's a UFO to my untrained eye. It will be interesting to see what other people can make of it.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
There's no reference point so it's difficult to see exactly what it is or where it is located. Not saying you're lying, I believe you, I just can't call this a UFO because I don't know what I'm looking at. You should have framed whatever this is with the ground so we could know where it's coming from or get an approximation of its size.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I smell BS.

This guy is gonna get banned.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
When I first saw it I was thinking that it was a reflection on a window, that was increased by the general noises I could hear, sounded enclosed.

The only other thought was satellite on re-entry breaking up and burning up...

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Mclaneinc

You're absolutely right!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
********** Closed For Staff Review **********

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join