It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magadought threatens US in decades to come....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: ketsuko

Neither were global events. During the MWP the global temperature was still lower than today. Global temperatures are going up even if only a little bit on the surface right now, the oceans are warming more so currently. So, no climate change isn't causing warming and cooling at the same time. The reality is, however much the proposed solutions are disliked... that global warming is changing the climate.

Oh that's why we're farming in Greenland and growing wine grapes in England? I must have missed that ...

Not only that but it was much warmer once during Roman times too.

Not only that but you still didn't address that question I posed which you clearly misconstrued. I didn't it caused both at the same time. I meant that climate change drives the globe to both get much warmer and much cooler. It happens on a smaller scale four times every year where I live. We call it summer, fall, winter, spring.
edit on 15-2-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I did address what you said just not how you wanted me to so let me try this way...

Global warming and global cooling... either will cause the climate to change.
edit on 2/15/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

So California is going to get a mega drought......I thought they were supposed be under water because of the melting ice caps......Lies and the fools who eat them up.

When this does not happen I wonder what they will say next............Polar bears.....It will be something about the poor polar bears.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Polar Bears, yes, the world wild life fund is telling us they are dying out, the United States Geological Survey is telling us there are twenty five thousand of them, who to believe? its the same with the 'climate', too much 'weather', not enough 'weather' who to believe?
The weather god is really enjoying itself screwing with our 'weather' !

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I did address what you said just not how you wanted me to so let me try this way...

Global warming and global cooling... either will cause the climate to change.

And a changing climate can cause either.

Or we could stop arguing about whether it happens because it does, and agree to disagree about why. You would prefer to go through life feeling guilty about every breath you take and every plastic item in your house and every mile you drive.

I think the real answer is far more complex.
edit on 15-2-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Uh huh.

So let's take the same computer models that aren't doing so great with following current real-world observations, and use them to predict megadroughts in 50 to 80 years from now.

Weeeeee !

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
MOre info in this dup thread, now closed
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

You show that you don't understand the fundamentals. Climate change is the result, warming or cooling is the catalyst. There's no way around that fact. So what causes warming or cooling? Lots of things can. Change in the amount of energy we get from the sun is usually why and that happens in regular, extremely long cycles. But as the sun does it's thing so does our planet.

Say we're at a point in our orbital cycle where more of the surface of Earth receives more light for a greater part of the day... the planet starts warming, frozen greenhouse gases begin to thaw and release into our atmosphere. This exacerbates the warming. The reverse is also true.

Say we're at a point where we get less light from the sun for lesser amount of the day... this usually triggers our glaciations and ice ages... as our planet cools sources of greenhouse gasses on the surface freeze and their concentration in our atmosphere keeps lowering. This exacerbates cooling.

Point? Greenhouse gases affect our global temperature. But why isn't the sun to blame for warming right now?

Because the amount of energy we are receiving from the sun hasn't changed. Where we are in our orbital cycle should be producing a mild, steady climate... not a warming, increasingly chaotic one.

You would prefer to go through life feeling guilty about every breath you take and every plastic item in your house and every mile you drive.

Don't presume to know me or to assign me emotions or motivations. If I did feel guilty for breathing (which I don't, that's stupid and an extremely ignorant assumption based on the hyperbolic rhetoric dispensed by the likes of Anthony Watts and his "Lordship" Christopher Monckton), I certainly wouldn't prefer it.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I have great confidence in their models 50 years out when they haven't been close for the last 2 weeks till it's a day out. If it's hot it's climate change if it's cold it's climate change

It's just weather and you can't blame me or take my money.

That's how simple it is

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Or how about.....wait for it....the earth changes! Big surprise for a lot of you I know. Probably a big surprise for the Egyptians when all their lush landscape turned to sand. Things age, and when they do, they change. From molecules to stars, everything grows old. As I said in rmy thread about this (beat me to the punch!), time and tide wait for no man. So argue all you want about how, or why, but the bottom line is we exist on a living breathing planet, and she is loosing a little off the top!

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

There is far more evidence to suggest that we don't understand everything that goes into how and why the earth warms and cools than to suggest that our contributions are definitively causing THIS warming or cooling.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Magadrought……!

I thought you were talking about a new species of all conquering dinosaur…….then i realised you mean't Megadrought………… ah , i get it now……

I will be long dead by then ..so what….

regards

PDUK

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

There's really not though. We see the big overall picture, why we warm or cool. The harder part and what professional deniers play on are the nuances or variables such as what this warm water here or warm wind there is going to cause for weather in a month or when the season changes... or we thought this area was going to be warmer than it is, why isn't it? Oh because the jet stream weakened 500 miles away and the arctic air dipped down lower than normal and hung around for a month.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join