It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police in Canada Foil Valentine's Day Mall Shooting Plot

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I followed this since the Timberlea story broke. First the press conference this morning with Defense minister Peter Mackay which was full of hidden agenda praising the local police,mentioning the Moncton shootings yet again, whilst adding that additional funding for future possible events and trading privacy for the good of society. He said multiple times for people to remain vigilant and report anything suspicious to police. Sounded so Orwellian it made me ill. He stated very little facts which came to light later in the RCMP press conference. Please don't get my tone incorrect, as of course I am glad that these people were stopped without harming anyone...but to instantly use the incident to further an agenda already being pushed though the government is definitely my issue.
I understand that they will not release the "why" the group sought out a Halifax shopping mall, or any clue as to their motivation other than shared ideology that is not religious or terrorism based. So that leads me to speculate... Even Columbine was personal in nature, so a personal vendetta? If not that, a strike against consumerism? Being the targeted location? I have a sick feeling these " murderous misfits" will be labeled conspiracy theorists in the coming weeks, and that will be used to further discredit anyone who questions authority, especially law enforcement.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
I followed this since the Timberlea story broke. First the press conference this morning with Defense minister Peter Mackay which was full of hidden agenda praising the local police,mentioning the Moncton shootings yet again, whilst adding that additional funding for future possible events and trading privacy for the good of society. He said multiple times for people to remain vigilant and report anything suspicious to police. Sounded so Orwellian it made me ill. He stated very little facts which came to light later in the RCMP press conference. Please don't get my tone incorrect, as of course I am glad that these people were stopped without harming anyone...but to instantly use the incident to further an agenda already being pushed though the government is definitely my issue.
I understand that they will not release the "why" the group sought out a Halifax shopping mall, or any clue as to their motivation other than shared ideology that is not religious or terrorism based. So that leads me to speculate... Even Columbine was personal in nature, so a personal vendetta? If not that, a strike against consumerism? Being the targeted location? I have a sick feeling these " murderous misfits" will be labeled conspiracy theorists in the coming weeks, and that will be used to further discredit anyone who questions authority, especially law enforcement.

Yup, you got it.

Been a lot of TERROR talk up here lately.

Funny thing? Where are the terrorists?

These East coast instances are not terror related yet the term is thrown out so much that you might think Bin Laden is alive living in a small lobster fishing village.

Peace

Peace

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Because they are refraining from using the words terrorism/ terrorist, likely we will hear the term "Lone Wolf" as I believe that was the newest phrase used to instill fear. Terrorism here is somewhat comical imho....not enough people have the time to get "roundtoit"....lol In all honesty, I'm more concerned with the former US marine arrested with floor to ceiling stacks of chemicals. Swept that under the rug?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Because they are refraining from using the words terrorism/ terrorist, likely we will hear the term "Lone Wolf" as I believe that was the newest phrase used to instill fear. Terrorism here is somewhat comical imho....not enough people have the time to get "roundtoit"....lol In all honesty, I'm more concerned with the former US marine arrested with floor to ceiling stacks of chemicals. Swept that under the rug?

It's at the point that they don't have to use the term terrorist anymore. People are now so scared and brainwashed as a society that it's the first thought and word.

Exactly as they planned. People are now scared of shadows of their own imagination.

Peace

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

It's at the point that they don't have to use the term terrorist anymore. People are now so scared and brainwashed as a society that it's the first thought and word.

Exactly as they planned. People are now scared of shadows of their own imagination.

Peace

Scotian says.... you obviously haven't spent a lot of time in NS. I jest..kinda. We aren't a timid bunch. Similar to Boston. This doesn't make us fear. Pisses us off.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join