It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police in Canada Foil Valentine's Day Mall Shooting Plot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I wake up this morning to this just down the road from me near my brother's store.

Canadian police said late Friday they had foiled a plot by two suspects who were planning to kill as many people as they could at a Halifax shopping mall on Valentine's Day before killing themselves. Nova Scotia Royal Canadian Mounted Police Commanding Officer Brian Brennan said in a statement that when investigators learned of the plot Thursday morning, "we acted quickly and intercepted a threat."

The 19-year-old man was found dead by investigators at his parents' home in Timberlea, Nova Scotia,early Friday morning, Brennan said. The suspect apparently shot himself after police surrounded the house.

The American woman was arrested at Halifax's airport a short time later. The police official told the AP she confessed to the plot and had written a number of pronouncements to be posted on Twitter after her death.
www.cbsnews.com...

This happened yesterday but the police kept a lid on it apparently.

I see that we are becoming numb enough now. We read and skim and brush it off as just another day. 43 views on YT,

I see it all over the news and especially in the US of course but this happened down the street. Too close.

One Canadian and an American working together but thankfully they didn't get the opportunity to pull it off. It was slated to happen this morning. Interestingly, the police are NOT calling this a terrorist act. Thankfully.

Peace

edit on 14-2-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Annnnd cue the "it's just propaganda" comments in 3...2...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Interesting quotes from one comment section:

Gee, had this been in the US, the police would have waited until the actual crime had been committed.

Yep, it's more sensationalistic that way. The chief of police can get in front of the camera with all that gold regalia on his uniform, looking like an 1800s monarch, talking about how his men bravely cornered the suspects before they could do any more shooting. He'll say they need more training, weapons, military hardware and above all, more benefits and salary to combat these terrorists.

Peace

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I wonder how many crimes like this didn't happen that we never hear about.

But then I always wonder weird things.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
I wonder how many crimes like this didn't happen that we never hear about.

But then I always wonder weird things.

If it serves an agenda we hear about it. If it doesn't, just another news day.

Small news here I guess. But if this was in the US, the anti-gun folks would be all over it.

Peace

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
This even made BBC news in the uk , strange for such a small event

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5

Small event?

Try non-event.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

But now we will remember a terrorist cell was thwarted in Canada , it will reside in the back of the grey matter along with the other f/f not long ago

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I imagine its because there is something else going on they dont want all over the news so they are spamming us with bull# as usual.

But now we will remember a terrorist cell was thwarted in Canada , it will reside in the back of the grey matter along with the other f/f not long ago

Exactly, your eyes might not see it BUT YOUR BRAIN DOES.
edit on 14-2-2015 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This # is scary.
I lived in NS all my life (now in st john's though)
And lived in dartmouth/halifax for 5 years.
I know lots of people there, glad these #sticks got caught beforehand. I got goosebumps just thinking about it. Its getting to close to home.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I seen the reports in the UK.

Strange to be news over there.

Peace

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

But here's the problem.

Canada is NOT calling it a terrorist cell. In fact they are stressing the point of it not being terrorist related at all.

First time I seen the word terrorist related to this is here on ATS.

Peace

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AzureSky
This # is scary.
I lived in NS all my life (now in st john's though)
And lived in dartmouth/halifax for 5 years.
I know lots of people there, glad these #sticks got caught beforehand. I got goosebumps just thinking about it. Its getting to close to home.
\

And in Timberlea of all places. Small bedroom community just a few minutes away from me.

Peace

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

But here's the problem.

Canada is NOT calling it a terrorist cell. In fact they are stressing the point of it not being terrorist related at all.

Peace

i thought they might try with terrorism when they arrested 3 people / what is the local angle on it , mental illness

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

But here's the problem.

Peace

i thought they might try with terrorism when they arrested 3 people / what is the local angle on it , mental illness

Normally it seems that the word terrorist would be thrown around but in this case they are calling it disgruntled youths. Their target seems to have been The Halifax Shopping Center.

The most interesting part is the arrest of a US woman at the airport as she was coming in from Iowa to be a part of it. They were online friends.

Peace

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Heard it on the idiotbox today, I figured because it was so close(I am in NB). Odd that my sisters in NY heard about it, and in here someone in the UK as well?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

You never question that possibility?

Last time Canadian police foiled a "plot" t was from a crack-head couple out of Surrey B.C.

I can not prove it but I am sure that there is pressure on these officers to hunt out terrorism whether for budgets or whatever. Keep in mind there are no entrapment laws in Canada like the US. All officers here have to do after implanting thoughts of a terrorist attack and supplying the tools to do it, is give the potential suspect an "opportunity" to back out. Of course that comes down to your word vs. The RCMP.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

The cold makes people mean and depressed after a while especially when you add drink into the equation but to want to shoot up a mall

Strange it made tv here with everything going on , mass motorway car crashes etc

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

But here's the problem.

Peace

Normally it seems that the word terrorist would be thrown around but in this case they are calling it disgruntled youths. Their target seems to have been The Halifax Shopping Center.

The most interesting part is the arrest of a US woman at the airport as she was coming in from Iowa to be a part of it. They were online friends.

Peace

Terrorist acts are what started the excuse to expand police powers but it was directed at Muslim extremists so Canadians never argued the laws being brought into effect. Now they are going to expand their police power targets to include basically anyone the police find threatening. We don't need to call them terrorists any more. The laws have been tabled.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

CSIS is getting a lot more power lately as well.

Perhaps this event is blown out of proportion to justify US like laws coming Down the pike.

I hate that we are now living in a time that we can't trust anything we hear. It's all confusing but that I believe is the actual goal of it all. Keep us confused.

Peace
But here's the problem.

Peace

Peace

Terrorist acts are what started the excuse to expand police powers but it was directed at Muslim extremists so Canadians never argued the laws being brought into effect. Now they are going to expand their police power targets to include basically anyone the police find threatening. We don't need to call them terrorists any more. The laws have been tabled.

Peace
edit on 14-2-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join