It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon governor resigns amid influence-peddling scandal

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Big scandals and high finance has brought down the Governor of Oregon John Kitzhaber.

Lots of juicy deals involving the "First Miss" Cylvia Hayes too it seems.

Even something about that $2 billion Oregon/Obama.Care deal too !!!!!!

Oh well.

Sayonara

read the sauce....
Oregon governor resigns amid influence-peddling scandal

SALEM, Ore. (AP) — Oregon Gov. John Kitzhaber resigned Friday, giving in to mounting pressure to abandon his office amid suspicions that his live-in fiancee used her relationship with him to land contracts for her green-energy consulting business.

The resignation, which was to take effect Wednesday, cleared the way for the secretary of state to assume Oregon's highest office and become the nation's first openly bisexual governor.

Kitzhaber, the state's longest-serving chief executive, insisted he broke no laws.

W-o-W

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

He also should be prosecuted criminally as well.
Any politician the uses his office to enrich himself or his friends mocks the voters trust.
Corruption and greed has no place in public office.
edit on 13-2-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

SALEM, Ore. (AP) — Oregon Gov. John Kitzhaber resigned Friday, giving in to mounting pressure to abandon his office amid suspicions that his live-in fiancee used her relationship with him to land contracts for her green-energy consulting business.

The one that got caught, and the one that got away.

Change you can believe in!

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Please do not bother to prosecute this man. I am a resident of Oregon, and I absolutely do not want to see my money wasted on such a dog and pony show. NOTHING would result from such a theatrical spectacle in terms of revelations of truth, justice, or even punishment. Prosecutors, judges, lawyers and everyone else paid by the system would earn their checks, and nothing else would happen. At all. So let's just let him walk off into the sunset, as he will do anyway, without incurring thousands in useless waste of time expenses making him the latest reality TV star.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: cronemel

I think the *real* star is "First Miss" Cylvia Hayes.

The "Doctor" will see you now !!

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

She may well indeed be the real star - which makes prosecution even worse. There is not a court in the state that will even slap her hand, much less inflict any real consequences on her.

These two will get away with it, in the end. I just don't want to see Oregon public funds spent on a complete waste of time. Frankly, their machinations are just par for the course, except that they were not smart enough to cover all their tracks. I really do not need to see rocks pulled up and turned over to know that there is some really nasty stuff lurking there - and I also know that there is absolutely zero that anyone is willing to do about it.

So stop spending money to turn over the rocks. There are many other uses for those funds - things that actually accomplish necessary things - like bridge and road infrastructure, for instance. I would FAR rather know that the bridge I must cross daily will be there tomorrow, than know that the former Gov and his lovebird are crooks.
edit on 13-2-2015 by cronemel because: paragraphing

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Any politician the uses his office to enrich himself or his friends mocks the voters trust.
Corruption and greed has no place in public office.

I agree but, this is not the exception, this is the rule. It is human nature.

The only way to curtail the abuse of power is not to grant said power.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I live here and I voted for the guy. This is a real let down. He has been an otherwise great governor for a few terms and has done quite a few good things for the state.

Using your power to play favorites is never good and it's the kind of behavior he's always fought against. Even with this, I know he's done far more good than harm but, even so, he's betrayed our trust. A true bummer when we see a good person make some bad moves.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
If we could get the rest of them to do this, capital hill and governor mansions all over the country would be empty and we could start over. ...

(post by th3dudeabides removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

a reply to: th3dudeabides

i live in Oregon, Kitzhaber IS NOT A CORRUPT politician.

He has poor taste in women, but he is not corrupt.

There is something deeper and worse in his past than this, or he wouldn't have resigned.

So he's not corrupt but there's something worse in his past.

Well that makes perfect sense for a Donkey Kong Democrat !!

(post by th3dudeabides removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

On what grounds? Nothing presented in governmental procedings condemns him. It's all hearsay at his point.

Is that your basis now for a crusade? Hearsay.

Obviously you opinion is less than nothing.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: th3dudeabides

He was involved in an Obama.Care website rip-off scandal.

He is *Guilty*.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The one that got caught, and the one that got away.

Change you can believe in!

For John Kitzhaber, it's "Hope and Chains"

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

That has nothing to do with his girlfriend. Are you so completely corrupt that you don't see this disconnect?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

So Effing what?

How the hell does that even apply?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join