It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian TV5 and Russian propaganda ... similarities to NK

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

But yet you call satire propaganda. The fact that it is owned by a bank that has ties to the government is irrelevant. Satire is satire or is that lost on you. If you honestly think that this is state sponsored propaganda you are living in a dream world. I suppose you think there is really winking smiley faces on their rockets too?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Do you think all Russians believe every word they see or hear in their news outlets?

Now do you see the correlation?

Because the OP was happy to say that Russians "live in a bubble"...

As if they're too stupid to understand that media is not always reliable...
No matter who says what.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
State sponsored? So because the media outlet that produced is owned by a Bank that is owned by some guy that shakes hands with Russian movers and Shakers... it is State sponsored.

Media outlet owned by the Bank....Bank owned by, guess who, the STATE!

Yup...State sponsored. Just follow the money a little bit farther...

And America is an Oligarchy and the Oligarchs own the media, so American media is also state sponsored.

Thank God there independent blogs, oh wait, we can`t also trust them because they say certain things which don`t benefit the Western Oligarchs.

I finally got it, we just have to trust the gospel of a few here on this forum !

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
How has this thread not be relegated to the hoax bin yet?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

But yet you call satire propaganda. The fact that it is owned by a bank that has ties to the government is irrelevant. Satire is satire or is that lost on you. If you honestly think that this is state sponsored propaganda you are living in a dream world. I suppose you think there is really winking smiley faces on their rockets too?
Please try not to insult my intelligence. I've been nothing but respectful in this thread, and I haven't attacked anyone. I'm not living in any "dream" world. No, I believe the missiles have smiley faces on them. In the future, don't expect me to respond to your personal jabs.

Attacking the poster is a sign that you no longer have logical, thoughtful content to add.

That said, I believe the station put out propaganda on this occasion. The U.S. puts out it's own propaganda too. This year and last, the rhetoric and propaganda on both sides have increased. This is simply another example of it.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Probably best suited to the Jokes & Puns forum...

But I am just Rushun with no sensuf humoor...
It cannot be joke...

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Do you think all Russians believe every word they see or hear in their news outlets?

Now do you see the correlation?

Because the OP was happy to say that Russians "live in a bubble"...

As if they're too stupid to understand that media is not always reliable...
No matter who says what.

Of course I don't believe that all Russian are stupid enough to buy into the crap they see on their TVs. Just like I don't expect all Americans to buy the crap their MSM spews out. All I'm saying is, call out propaganda when you see it. I see this as propaganda. I call out U.S. propaganda when I see it as well. Despite what some posters here would like to label me as, I'm not a rabid US supporter. I lean toward western views, yes, but I'm not just some mouthpiece for the U.S. side of things.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I cant understand the video so i cant really comment,i think you should spend more time exposing our own propaganda machine.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Russians have lived in a bubble before ( not so long ago ) and they are doing it again. It was easy then and it is easier now. Russia is restricting internet access since 2014 even more, there are travel bans. What is happening in Russia is self imposed isolation.. that with propaganda.. do the math.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

How many times on ATS have we seen Putinistas screaming about how much more reliable RT and other eastern euro media is than anything in the west? About how anything on RT is by default more trustworthy than anything from any western media?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Please try not to insult my intelligence. I've been nothing but respectful in this thread, and I haven't attacked anyone. I'm not living in any "dream" world. No, I believe the missiles have smiley faces on them. In the future, don't expect me to respond to your personal jabs.

Attacking the poster is a sign that you no longer have logical, thoughtful content to add.

That said, I believe the station put out propaganda on this occasion. The U.S. puts out it's own propaganda too. This year and last, the rhetoric and propaganda on both sides have increased. This is simply another example of it.

It is SATIRE, the only reason you agree with it is because it is anti Russian

Your first comment

Very interesting. I skipped to the 53 minute mark. Seems like Putin is preparing his population for total war.

No fact checking by you, the op or any of the others just take it at face value. The proof it is satire took me all of 30 sec to find.

I have no logical content? I showed you that it is satire all you have done is agree with a lie.

I don't need to insult your intelligence, you are doing a bang up job by yourself.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Context is important when trying to decipher propaganda.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Ukraine recaptured Debaltseve which is strategically important town because railway and highway between Donetsk and Luhansk go through it.

Of course it attacked the place which was used to shell innocent civilians which went on even after several cease-fires were announced.

Now Ukraine has to withdraw from there and who is going to benefit from that..

Ukraine isn`t able to withdraw from that anymore, all they can do is surrender at that pocket or a couple of thousand troops get smashed. The Separatists let the troops go back to the Ukraine after surrender, if anyone is benefiting from it its the Ukrainians who are able to keep much of their fighting capable forces alive.

Why do you think the NAF kept off smashing the UAF totally while they already could have done twice ?

Because they want peace, they don`t want to see the whole of the Ukraine go up in an all out civil war. All they ask is for a great deal of independence and not to be butchered anymore.
edit on 13 2 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

It is SATIRE, the only reason you agree with it is because it is anti Russian

Your first comment

Very interesting. I skipped to the 53 minute mark. Seems like Putin is preparing his population for total war.

No fact checking by you, the op or any of the others just take it at face value. The proof it is satire took me all of 30 sec to find.

I have no logical content? I showed you that it is satire all you have done is agree with a lie.

I don't need to insult your intelligence, you are doing a bang up job by yourself.

I don't speak Russian. My initial thoughts on the matter were a quick, honest assessment of what I saw based on the video alone. In the following posts I have acknowledged it's not entirely state owned, and that it is satire. Is a person not allowed to change their opinion when new information is presented? I have conceded these points, but I still think it's a propaganda piece. It's really that simple. You can have your opinion on it as well. As I said before, I called US reports of Putin having Aspergers as propaganda as well.

I also notice another personal jab. Keep going.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yep...

& they're usually buffoons as well!

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

The segment, an apparent stab at satire, came in response to comments by Polish Foreign Minister Grzegorz Schetyna last week supporting an idea to have world leaders mark the anniversary in Gdansk.

Hey how about if you don't understand the language don't add your own little spin about it being state sponsored propaganda.

www.rferl.mobi...

Come to our party or we will nuke you. Hilarious.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I don't speak Russian either but I still managed to find it, funny that.
edit on 13-2-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

That picture is an excellent quick demonstration on how MSM can easily spin things to support a narrative. I've seen it before, and it's even more relevant in today's media world.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Well for your own sake I hope they don't see that comment. Somehow they'll manage to explain how that comment is America's fault lol

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I don't speak Russian either but I still managed to find it, funny that.
I said in my previous post that it was a "quick, honest assessment", I believe. I didn't bother looking into the sources admittedly, though if you read the first page, I did ask the OP to either translate or elaborate on it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join