It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Dont Think My Body Needs 2000 Calories Per Day, Lets Discuss?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Prove it.

Here's a lecture from one of my fave practicing md's on the china study:

Also Caldwell B. Esselstyn another great MD:

John McDougall here with a great vid:

Here's a vid from one of the many high carbers out there:

They call it 80 10 10 ie 80% carbs 10% protein and fats but it's nothing new of course, it's just a modern term for what come naturally.

You must expend a ton of calories each day. 4000kcal is a TON of food. I've never ate that much on a regular basis, even while gaining 2lbs each week training 4-5 days a week.

On days when i exercise it usually increase to around 6000 to 6500+ of kals, 4000 is just a baseline minimum for me, i'm 5ft 10 by the way, i often go a week without exercise. Activity level plays very little on overall body-mass, again look at the Thais, some can barely run around the block but they are very slight and eat rice, fruits etc in abundance.

You do realize starchy foods are complex sugars, right?

Complex sugars, simple sugars, what about them sorry? Don't understand your question.

No way that's correct. Though there's not much difference, high fat, protein, and relatively low carb diets are proven superior to low fat or low fat/protein diets in the short AND long run.

See the above, pluse check out Durianrider, Freelee, Baniac, 30 Bananas a Day for a first hand view plus hundreds of others that are absolutely thriving. Carb up mate, carb up.
edit on 13-2-2015 by One_Love_One_GOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
According to Dr Peter J. D'Adamo, the immune system gets confused when food is ingested that chemically conflicts with the blood. The immune system confusion allows tumors to grow or can make the immune system hyperactive. Eating foods that match the individual's body chemistry allow the immune system to function at its best.

The 4 blood types have chemical regimes that suit them for certain life styles.

Type O needs to exercise and have slightly acid blood. Meat is good for type O.

Type A is healthier with an active life style, but should not over do exercise. Meat could be a bad choice for type A.

I'm not sure about the others.

www.dadamo.com...

Each individual varies in chemistry and anatomy a lot more than most people have been led to believe.

The Science of Individuality blog post about Roger J Williams by Jeff Riggenbach
mises.org...

...Over the next 20 years, Williams gradually began to realize that "idiosyncrasies might be widespread rather than extremely rare." In time, he decided that they were in fact extremely widespread. In time, he decided that "each of us is built in a highly distinctive way in every particular, and that this is the basis of individuality." He decided further

that human bodies can't be averaged and that an adequate single picture of the human body, or any of its major parts, cannot be drawn. A picture which purports to show the human body is bound to be misleading and may be vicious in its effects.

Williams wrote that

normal individuals are highly distinctive with respect to their stomachs, esophagi, hearts, blood vessels, bloods, thoracic ducts, livers, pelvic colons, sinuses, breathing patterns, muscles and their system of endocrine glands. In all of these cases inborn differences are observed which are often far beyond what we see externally.

And remember that the differences we can see among individuals externally are sufficient that we can identify a particular individual from among hundreds or even thousands who are superficially similar in appearance just by looking at him or her. If the internal differences among individuals are even greater than these, then they must be significant indeed.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I think it depends on a person's particular metabolism. When I started to try to lose 20 pounds last year, I started with just walking more. Bought a treadmill. I noticed that a half hour of walking I would get an ammonia type internal smell. Not coming out of the skin, but like I could taste the smell.
Turned out to be a lack of protein. Catabolism.
If I'm eating mostly carbs, I can't do anything that takes energy.
If I take in protein, I'm just fine and feel better also.

I have 2 personal trainers in my family. Women need protein to maintain muscle.

Years ago, I needed to stuff myself with as much food as possible just to keep my weight up to 100 lbs.
Now with age, I need proper food, way less of it. I never thought I'd be in the position where I had to get back down to 115 lbs.
I carry weight on my belly, so even though 115 sounds too light, it's my perfect weight.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SearchLightsInc

There is no one size fits all in this which should be obvious. The main thing is get advice from medical experts and not from anonymous posters on a board.

originally posted by: One_Love_One_GOD
Ask how to lose weight and suddenly everyone's an expert.

I like advice from real experts also.

23 Studies on Low-Carb and Low-Fat

A consideration often missed by the raw vegetable crowd is old age and those with digestive issues. A raw vegetable diet is bad for both categories. Raw vegetables are extremely hard on me and difficult to digest forcing me to eat far less salads, a food I love. What is good for one, may not be good for another and may change due to age or medical issues.

I lost 80 lbs on a low-carb diet while monitored by an MD, suffered no harmful effects and felt great the whole time. Blood Pressure went down and so did my bad cholesterol. All positive.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I think more to the point is just do not jump on one single perspective and think that is where the weight debate ends. Even doctors do the same thing by lumping everyone together as beiing the same but some research is starting to reveal that people can be put into more than 16 different diet groups regardless of their background. In the end it boils down to what works for you may not work for me. Very few docs see it that way but that is the key to being healthy.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

You are in fact correct Blaine91555 that digestion of many raw vegetables can be hard on the digestive system, the digestive system is designed for ripe fruits which are soft and digest in under an hour and leafy lettuce greens things like that, starchy foods, rice potatoes etc.

If you can't eat a whole bowl of it, don't eat it.

Check these two out, they are well over 60 and thriving:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I think that's a huge thing. I tried a few things and low-carb was what worked for me, for others I'm sure it's unique to them. Perhaps that why we see so much debate about it.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: One_Love_One_GOD

I'm a genuine acid reflux (GERD) sufferer since childhood. They had no such name then and just explained the valve in my throat was defective. It made me prone to ulcers starting at 13 and there were no medications for it then.

I learned quickly I could not deal with many raw vegetables and it's getting worse now that I'm knocking on 60.

Our metabolisms are as varied as we are and I honestly believe that to be true.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Yes my youngest sister suffered with the same thing, i recommended fruits and starches and she now has complete relief, it's just that the body like to be alkaline as appose to acidic that's all, nothing more complicated.

Metabolism is like a muscle, if you don't train it, keep it stoked strong and healthy with good clean carbs it will become weak, and in turn so will you and all your other bodily functions. With low carb the first thing to become compromised is the immune system, if you must insist on low carb i would at least suggest you take in a high amount of vit c from a fresh real source to help stymie the damage, we are high carb vit c beings.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AzureSky

Actually. Your body does not store glucose, it uses it for energy in a regular diet. Your body does store fat though when your body is told to store fat due to insulin secretion.

Not completly true and not completly false. The body can store glucose principally in the liver in the form of glycogen, a multibranched polysaccharide of glucose. This store of glycogen have to be depleted before the body begin to burn stored fat and produce ketone bodies.

The human body needs surprisingly little glucose to run...

Yes very true, but it require an adaptation time for the brain, else hypoglycemia will occur.

The brain is the main reason we need to eat -some- glucose in a day, but your body will make it with protein if it has to.

Glucose can be made by fat also:

Gluconeogenesis

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
But I read somewhere that eating simple carbohydrates can make you eat more. Not sure what the explanation was but the article said that eating proteins will make you eat less. So I think more protein is the way to go.
I think it was from one of these articles
But lately I'm reading articles saying that too much protein can shorten your lifespan.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Try intermittent fasting during the day if you are looking to reduce calories. Plus it resets your insulin sensitivity, secretes growth hormone, cleans the gut.

When you do eat. Start with Salad or fiber, then Proteins, then if your still hungry try a little carbs.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The only thing I've learned reading all this is that there is no right answer.
I've done diets, even week long juicing only diets. there isnt any magic bullet for everyone. Find something that works for you.

Try it all.

the biggest loss I ever had was due to quitting alcohol for 3 months, that's it. Still ate all the junk I wanted.

Want to create a weight loss drug that works? find one that blocks pleasure activation from eating. that will be easier for most people to use.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: caza254

So I think more protein is the way to go.

... But lately I'm reading articles saying that too much protein can shorten your lifespan.

As some of the articles you refered, too much protein is very bad. You should limit the amount to what the body require for repair and grow new muscle if it is the case. Normally it is around 20% energy requirement in protein.

If you consume more protein than required, you will produce an excess of nitrogenated compounds in the blood and it is not good, and require good hydratation to flush out. Trying to procure all your energy from protein will induce a pathologic condition called protein poisoning.

The other 80% of energy shall be procured by carbs or fat.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
One_Love_One_GOD thanks for the links I will watch it all and I agree about what you are saying.

mainly fruits and veggies are great. Also I eat nuts and other stuff which grows from earth. Basically anything that grows is what I will stick to as long as it will make me feel good. The best part is - no worries about how much I eat or when or what as long as it is natural : )

And freshly squeezed Limon a day keeps a doctor away.

Also water fast is great to do for few days to reset the system, just as long as you are in full health. Well for me it was good, but it is somehow extreme and many people have different opinion. Anyway...you flush the system and build mental toughness. But do it only after research so you know what you are getting into and what to expect from the body. There are a few things a person should be aware before doing this. Google is your friend!

I also try to walk every day, it is good for the mind and body and do the breathing exercises for a few minutes only. (air out the lungs...) which are great for many various healthy reasons and you don't need to even stand to do it. How cool is that : )

Every body is different but our natural feeling is just one and I think that with this way you can get closest to that feeling. First a reset and than only natural food and everything will come by itself. No exercise needed only some will, research and just go by the feeling and listen to your body.
edit on 14507299821233December3312333115 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
if you want to save time and lose weight, try a raw diet. nuts, fruit, vegetables and hummus, guac, etc.

Live food for a live person.

No preparation time required either.

Others have mentioned fasting. When your body is in a state of intermittent fasting it can allocate its resources to repairing the system, rather than constantly investing its energy in digestion.
edit on 21-12-2015 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SearchLightsInc

Berocca has Aspertame, hmm Aspertame on an empty stomach ........ no good Gravy

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: PaddyInf
Inactive lifestyle -1000 - 1500kcal (sitting around all da
Mild to moderate activity - 2000kcal (regular light exercise)
Decent activity level - 2500kcal ( regular moderate to high intensity exercise)

This is a VERY rough guide. I was chucking 5000kcal per day down me last time I did Norway just to maintain. Want to lose weight? Less crap food and run more.

That's not bad, but here's another way (or weigh, lol).

Take your weight. Say you weigh 200lbs.
Multiply it by 8 to get the amount to consume daily if you want to lose weight.
That would be about 1600 calories per day.

If you want to lose very slowly, multiply it by 9
That would be about 1800 calories per day.

If you want to maintain, try eating about 11 multiplied by your weight
That would be 2200 calories per day.

If you weigh 100 lbs, then you'd eat about 800 calories per day to lose - but that's too low, it's a starvation diet and you probably can't get enough nutrient exposure to not get ill. So there is a lower level. I would not go too much below 1000 calories no matter what you weigh (even a child).

This is directed at adults from age 20 up. I have not studied children's caloric needs.

Now, having said this, use two methods to track your weight.

1. Online fitness trackers, and the bathroom scale. Get an idea what your maintenance calories are. This is VERY IMPORTANT, though not that obvious. You want to know at what caloric level RIGHT NOW you do not gain or lose weight. Keep this number in mind. IT WILL CHANGE as you lose weight. So if you've lost 20-30 lbs you'll want to reacquire this number.

2. Keep a journal, if not an online one then use a spreadsheet, and have what I call 'reference pants' or 'reference shirt'. Something that you can just barely zip up and barely button. This will help track 'fat loss' pretty well.

Scale helps, but girth (waist girth) and upper body girth (underarms) helps track fat loss.

You might find the 'reference clothing' method easier at first. Most people do NOT want to actually know their weight or know how many calories they consume. It's a funny thing. Just be calm about that.

Good luck.

Oh, two tricks I have seen work.

1. Just eat fruit for breakfast. Period. Cut out all fatty thing, all breads, all protein things, for 2-3 weeks eat fruits. Pre-portion them out the night before in tupperware so you don't have to make a decision when you're not that awake.

2. Cut your meal portions in half. Eat half later or even throw it away...

Try those and the 'reference pants' for a while and see how it works for you.

Good luck!

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

I eat nuts and other stuff

Just be aware that nuts are very high in calories.

A cup of almonds (143gm) = 823 calories. (not saying you'd eat a whole cup - but a person might in a day and never realize if they didn't look it up) that this would make a 1800 calorie diet into 2623 calories and not realizing this gain weight like crazy.

If someone did eat a cup of almonds a day, say 1/4 cup lunch, 1/4 dinner, 1/4 snack, 1/4 late night, very subtle, and did that 4 days a week, just 'under the attention span', it would be 823 x 4 or 3300 excess calories in just four days.

Because 3,500 calories equals about 1 pound (0.45 kilogram) of fat, you need to burn 3,500 calories more than you take in to lose 1 pound (or if you consume that much gain 1 pound, ignoring the energy output for the sake of illustration). You'd be scratching your head until you happened to look up the calories. In fact, and again, nobody would do this, 0.94 lbs a week times 52 weeks in a year, guess what? You would -theoretically- gain 49lbs in a year by eating literally a few handfuls of a high caloric food (like nuts, and other things - butter- for example) on a regular basis.

One way to think about nuts and dried fruits and things is that these things are in trail mix and trail mix is -designed- to be high caloric because, ideally, one could survive on a few bags of it in the woods if lost or stranded.

That's the insidious thing (and very fortunate for primitive man) - the body stores, and uses calories very readily.

Sorry to go on and on...it's an interesting topic.
edit on 22-12-2015 by Maverick7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daavin
I was always told by my mother (who was a nurse) "everything in moderation, even moderation". you can eat whatever you want just not the entire tub of ice cream have one piece of fish not three etc, studies have shown that eating five to six snack size meals may be better than the regular three large ones we tend to eat for energy and nutrient absorbtion throughout the day it is supposed to also reduce craving for food as a craving generally means your body is telling you it wants something.

in the winter months add more foods with vitamin D in them cus your not getting as much since there is less sunlight.

basically go ahead and have some crisps just not the whole bag and not every day.

good one mate/

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join