It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you heard about Medieval Battle Sports?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Good day ATS,

Have you heard about Medieval Battle Sports? I didn't.

I LOVE the medieval times, history, battles and EVERYTHING about it.
If it were up to me, we would abolish all modern weaponry, drones, WMDs and all that crap and return to sword & board.

Granted, it is more of a happening than a real sport (and the weapons they weild could be a little more "real" for my taste)... but it still looks like a lot of fun. I will definitely check it out.

Have a look:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

You would love Warhammer.

(tabletop, of course)
edit on 13-2-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I am a member of several medieval re-enactment groups the biggest one being The Society for Creative Anacronism, who are worldwide with 100,000 members. Most use rattan for their weaponry for safety reasons so that when in a large group their is less chance for serious injury (the worst injury I witnessed was a broken leg caused by the poor fellow being stepped on) some of the other groups I belong to use actual steel weapons and the injury ratio is a bit higher usually minor cuts.

It is a lot of fun and a great workout, the feasts and parties after dark can be awsome, you get to meet so many people from different backgrounds and make many friends.

If your in north america google SCA.org and they can refer you to a nearby branch if your interested they are in every state and province.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
yeah this awesome, wish i had enough cash to get some amour and join in.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
That looks awesome
Bet it costs a few quid to get all the gear though.
Heck gonna search to see if anything like is around my neck of the woods.

new topics

top topics

join